Johnny B

Re: mixed bag
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 10:01:34 am »
When I first started window cleaning I use to collect towards the end of the week.  Thank goodness for online payments, etc. Collecting is a waste of time and petrol. Thank goodness I stopped collecting years ago. Still see a few trad w/c's out collecting Friday evenings, such a tedious job that isn't necessary anymore unless it the fAgs & booze brigade with cash in hand.

I'm trad, don't smoke, very rarely drink, and declare all my income.

I also collect on a Friday evening, and enjoy doing it as it keeps me in personal contact with my customers, something that seems to be dying out with many of us who wouldn't recognize our customers if we met them in the street! 😊

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 01:14:57 pm »
I don’t know half of my customers, they email me for a quote, I look on google street view or rightmove if it’s just been sold or sometimes I go and look. They’re at work when I clean and Then they pay online , I don’t think there’s s need for personal contact personally (for me anyway)  :)

Johnny B

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 03:17:23 pm »
I don’t know half of my customers, they email me for a quote, I look on google street view or rightmove if it’s just been sold or sometimes I go and look. They’re at work when I clean and Then they pay online , I don’t think there’s s need for personal contact personally (for me anyway)  :)

I find that there are advantages to knowing my customers.I get to know what sort of people I am dealing with, and they know what I am like.

I get lots of recommendations and new work based upon the way I come across to them coupled with the quality of the job I do for them. I'm not being conceited or boastful, but I like interacting with people and love my job, so it's a win win for me.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 03:56:39 pm »
It’s not by choice , it’s just that our paths don’t cross  :)
If I had the choice , I’d keep it that way too! Iv got work coming out my ears with hardly even speaking to anyone. To be honest I’m not interested in people’s lives , I just clean their windows. If My advertising didn’t work , then I’d probably try and be my customers bum chums too so I’d get recommended

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 07:13:36 pm »
 im getting more and more customers that ive never met(or only met face to face once or twice)due to electronic payments and always out when i clean.its doesnt bother me unduly but i have other customers that are usually in and ive known for years and years that i can have a laugh with and a 5 min chat and a brew....which helps the day along...

no human contact at all when working would be a very sad(and boring!) day indeed IMO......
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 07:23:54 pm »
I prefer them out. Just me and my radio. No contact. No chat. Bacs payment. Done.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 04:37:38 pm »
I prefer them out. Just me and my radio. No contact. No chat. Bacs payment. Done.

a sad sign of the times in 21st century england........ ::)roll

Simon Trapani

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 06:13:33 pm »
They’re not my friends Dazmond. They’re customers. They don’t particularly care about me nor me them. Don’t kid yourself. They just want their windows cleaned well for a fair price with minimum intrusion. They’re happy, I’m happy. End of.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 02:14:45 pm »
They’re not my friends Dazmond. They’re customers. They don’t particularly care about me nor me them. Don’t kid yourself. They just want their windows cleaned well for a fair price with minimum intrusion. They’re happy, I’m happy. End of.

IMO thats one of the reasons there is many more people with mental health problems these days.lots of people are ignorant and locked into their own worlds with smartphones,games or headphones in..not  interested in chatting/listening to anyone they meet in their every day lives/businesses....a chat can often lift up someone's spirits for that day.....

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 02:55:29 pm »
I would love it if I never saw or spoke to any of my customers. Nothing worse than pulling up to a car on the drive. 

Simon Trapani

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »

IMO thats one of the reasons there is many more people with mental health problems these days.lots of people are ignorant and locked into their own worlds with smartphones,games or headphones in..not  interested in chatting/listening to anyone they meet in their every day lives/businesses....a chat can often lift up someone's spirits for that day.....

Whilst I agree to a point, I haven’t got time for all that Dazmond. I meant that I want to clean as much as I can within a set amount of time & then get home to the people I really care about & who care about me i.e my wife & kids.