V_Purcell

Just starting WFP window cleaning
« on: October 15, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »
Just starting to get into WFP, I am looking at Gardiners equipment and their Ro water producing system PRF RO - Reverse Osmosis Unit with a SLX27 pole with QuicK-LoQ® Carbon Gooseneck 10" (25cm) 45° and Super-Lite Flocked brush.
Would this be a good setup for a beginner?

britishwill

Re: Just starting WFP window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:40:46 pm »
IMO Buying from Gardiner is a good bet. Poles are great but i have never needed a gooseneck or even tried a flocked brush. The most common I believe is a mixed brush. So I as a beginner I would go with the majority! Then experiment.
I think the way to keep focussed on the fact it is 'only pure water' Make it the cheapest way possible and clean windows with the best poles on the market.
You are almost there

Slash

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:29:04 pm »
Check your water TDS and get a water reading before you buy an  RO,you might get away on using a DI depending on your area if you're in a hard or soft water area.
Gardiner poles are a must,good starter pole is the clx.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:13:06 pm »
If you can afford it go SLX straight away. A superior pole which reputedly is better value for money as it will wear better than a CLX.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:02 am »
If you can afford it go SLX straight away. A superior pole which reputedly is better value for money as it will wear better than a CLX. It is lighter too.

An SLX25 will be a great starter pole.

He suggested he was looking at an SLX27 Granville.

I currently have an slx22 and slx40. The slx27 would definitely be a consideration when current slx22 gets put onto light duties at a future time.
Son gets to 99% of what he cleans with his slx25
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 08:25:31 am »
check your tap tds first before buying an RO.mines 028 straight out of the tap so DI only is sufficient.a lot less hassle than faffing about with membranes,etc.

SLX 25 is the best every day pole for most regular work.
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 08:40:13 am »
Just starting to get into WFP, I am looking at Gardiners equipment and their Ro water producing system PRF RO - Reverse Osmosis Unit with a SLX27 pole with QuicK-LoQ® Carbon Gooseneck 10" (25cm) 45° and Super-Lite Flocked brush.
Would this be a good setup for a beginner?

Yes. As per the others - tds meter is the first purchase.

I would leave off the gooseneck for the moment tbh.

When you order a pole you have a choice of angle adaptors. The most common is the resineck  Quickloc which locates onto the brush with a 90 degree mounting.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/quick-loq-resi-neck-type1.html

Brush holder socket
http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/quick-loq-90-brush-socket.html

If you need to extend the length then add
http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/quick-loq-extender-angle-adapter.html

You can remove it when you have finished.

I have this arrangement on my slx40. It is only used ocassionally, once for a Victorian business building with deep recessed windows, a velux window on the same building and a couple of other jobs.
In my case I just leave both angle adaptors on the pole and angle the one closest to the brush head.

IMHO I would rather go for a 4021 self build - Alex has a video on doing it - than his PRF if you do need to go r/o. The 4021 membrane is more efficient at removing impurities from the water than the PRF membranes.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 08:47:06 am »
Oh yeah! Must learn to read properly before posting!

It's a game of three halves!