JackieW

Re: turning work away
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 07:14:34 am »
anyone else get this?

(walk ups/phone calls/texts for new jobs when your already snowed under?)

No.

colin bird

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 07:33:09 am »
Half pint millionaires are back....you must all be on at least £200 per day judging by comments....you turn work away...then work in ping down rain...lol

Do some window cleaners earn  less than £200  per day?

p1w1

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 08:12:21 am »
Half pint millionaires are back....you must all be on at least £200 per day judging by comments....you turn work away...then work in ping down rain...lol

;D

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:37 am »

id be disappointed if i didnt turn over at least £200 for a full days work.....and yes i work in the rain (or i get behind with my schedule and lose money)and let down my customers.
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 10:04:15 am »

Lets say somebody has a minimum fee of £10 per house (even ones on trad equipment should by rights perhap charge more than wfp cleaners). Would it be hard to clean a minimum of 20 houses in a day??
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

W.booler

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »

Half pint? There's some on here who couldn't handle a half pint! Is that why they go to places like Saudi Arabia and Iran on holiday, so as not to risk temptation?    8)

tlwcs

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 03:07:52 pm »
£200. A day, that's so naughties.
Catch up

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 04:38:19 pm »
£200 is no mean feat in some areas, in my area yes i can do it, but its a full days graft and cant always be arsed to push myself that much

Personally it wouldnt make much sense earning a grand a week unless i was investing it back into growth ( which i will be doing by the way, being a sole trader makes no financial sense in my situation whatsoever) ,otherwise id come out with probably half of it after tax, N.I and child maintenance payments.

For some it might suit but for me it doesnt make sense to earn that much

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 05:37:06 pm »
£200 is no mean feat in some areas, in my area yes i can do it, but its a full days graft and cant always be arsed to push myself that much

Personally it wouldnt make much sense earning a grand a week unless i was investing it back into growth ( which i will be doing by the way, being a sole trader makes no financial sense in my situation whatsoever) ,otherwise id come out with probably half of it after tax, N.I and child maintenance payments.

i used to find earning £200 a day impossible adam when i first came on here 9 years ago.i thought other guys on here were telling fibs.now after quite a few price rises and taking on new work at higher prices over the years i find it pretty easy.some days i can earn £250 quite comfortably in 5 hours.others slightly longer.some weeks its under a grand and other weeks a fair bit over.swings and roundabouts.as long as my turnover is around £40k-£45k a year im happy as i can live on that very comfortably.im left with around 30k profit after all taxes,expenses and insurances are taken out.i have around 6 - 7 weeks off a year.(2 wks at xmas,2 or 3 wks for holidays and 1 or 2 for DIY/sickness or really bad weather)

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 07:00:54 pm »

i used to find earning £200 a day impossible adam when i first came on here 9 years ago.i thought other guys on here were telling fibs.now after quite a few price rises and taking on new work at higher prices over the years i find it pretty easy.some days i can earn £250 quite comfortably in 5 hours.others slightly longer.some weeks its under a grand and other weeks a fair bit over.swings and roundabouts.as long as my turnover is around £40k-£45k a year im happy as i can live on that very comfortably.im left with around 30k profit after all taxes,expenses and insurances are taken out.i have around 6 - 7 weeks off a year.(2 wks at xmas,2 or 3 wks for holidays and 1 or 2 for DIY/sickness or really bad weather)

I don't find it impossible daz, just hard work..it's definitely doable.

If I worked 9-4 I would do about 200-250

I'm just comfier around the 150 mark,as I don't feel the extra graft is worth  the money, but that's purely down to my financial position and my end goals. I typically work 9-2

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 07:32:39 pm »

According to HMRC  most wouldn't be getting half of that daily, but then that proves nothing, wink wink.

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 07:38:35 pm »

15k a year expenses, LOL. they must have seen you coming when you bought that new van, bet they closed up the shop and went on a weeks holiday after you left.

Shrek

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 08:00:41 pm »
Earning £45k a year , you would pay £6698 tax & £4420 National insurance.

Take home pay is £33881 , that’s without expenses .... I think  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 08:50:59 pm »

15k a year expenses, LOL. they must have seen you coming when you bought that new van, bet they closed up the shop and went on a weeks holiday after you left.

expenses are around 5k-6k a year actually sean.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 09:03:33 pm »

nope wrong mate.i dont pay that much tax and insurance.

dont forget to take expenses off turnover first.

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 09:08:56 pm »

nope wrong mate.i dont pay that much tax and insurance.

dont forget to take expenses off turnover first.

Sorry , was just going off the money saving expert

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tax-calculator/

nathankaye

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »
This is why one should not disclose figures.....theres a need to defend or justify .

Slightly related,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  I have seen a window clean work traditionally in an ex mining village working from a BMW and wearing trousers n shirt.
Now thats just taking the P, but how could you justify price increases as well..
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Og

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 10:14:46 pm »
What's wrong with shirt and trousers?

Marc Stock

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 11:36:32 pm »
Anyway going back to subject.

I never turn work away.

I just accept the work that's right for me

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 01:01:22 am »
It depends on the kind of work.  Had a phone call today, the lady sounded nice, but I know the street and it's not upmarket. Parking problems too.

I didn't know how to say "Sorry, pet, but I don't think you're rich enough" so I said I'd come and quote.

I very probably won't. :'(

Neighbour?
 ;D

Helen.