Don Simon

Think I've sold it . . . . . .
« on: May 20, 2017, 07:52:20 am »
Most interested lad yet, giving me a definite decision today about the work.    Been like pulling teeth  ::)roll
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Don Simon

Re: Think I've sold it . . . . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 07:53:10 am »
Just need to sell the van and equiplment and I'm off  8)
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 06:27:24 am »
Did he buy it?

Don Simon

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 10:52:11 am »
Did he buy it?
Another time wasting idiot !   Wife was telling me give him time ( four days )  so just to teach her a lesson i left it with her.

i have now included all the poles and reels so will see where that goes ,

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:11:26 am »
 ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 11:23:57 am »
Did he buy it?
Another time wasting idiot !   Wife was telling me give him time ( four days )  so just to teach her a lesson i left it with her.

i have now included all the poles and reels so will see where that goes ,

How are you selling the work Don?

Do  you have lists and account records to back up the figures?

Noticed there were at least 3 people wanting the work on the rounds for sale section. Did you not contact them?

Don Simon

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 11:45:53 am »
Build it and they will come  . . . .

Don Simon

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 11:46:53 am »
Our lass is out in the van now cleaning as we speak so winner winner chicken dinner  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 12:33:52 pm »
Like I said before. I will give you 3x for the work. Its a genuine offer so if you do decide to lower your price let me know and I will take it.
 8)

Don Simon

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 02:19:57 pm »
Like I said before. I will give you 3x for the work. Its a genuine offer so if you do decide to lower your price let me know and I will take it.
 8)
You can take a running jump

Don Simon

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 02:21:31 pm »
Mod note: Please refrain from bad language

Marc Stock

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 04:37:40 pm »
No Disrespects but.

For £7k worth of work a year, £4k is a bit on the high side.

Most people who are in a position to buy work probably pick up that in new jobs from word of mouth throughout the year anyway.

Since its not a huge amount of work you can't really put a premium on it tbh. Although..Adam..3 times the monthly turnover is also a bit low.

If I was buying your work (im not) I'd be looking to pay 4.5-5.5 times the monthly turnover but that would have to include accounts to back up the figures.

So I'd appraise it at £2600-£3300.

Og

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:06 pm »
You still got that pole for sale?

Don Simon

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:07 pm »
Putting it all on Fleabay !

Don Simon

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »
Mod note: Please refrain from bad language
what bad language ?

NWH

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 05:07:49 pm »
3x the work lol I'd never ever sell for that I'd rather let it go out of spite of the offers,if a WC said yeah but you'll just lose it I'd say yeah and you try finding all my work without me and a satnav pal.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 05:14:07 pm »
Say for example you said to someone I'm gonna give you £2000 in your pocket almost every month if you give me £6000 they'd think you were a bit stupid let's be honest I would,for £6000 you've given them a ready made business ready to be built upon. I think a lot of people undervalue there business and what it gives you in return compared to other businesses in terms of monthly outlay verses profit,if someone said to me I've got cash I'll give you 3 x your monthly take I'd laugh in there face and say I bet you would.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 05:22:33 pm »
Our lass is out in the van now cleaning as we speak so winner winner chicken dinner  ;D

You sit on your derriere bleating on here about all sorts of utter nonsense, including  how  you "teach your wife a lesson" and she is out working in the very van you want to sell?

Talk about sawing off the branch you are sitting on.

How can you know that your wife is out working and you do nothing to contribute?

???
It's a game of three halves!

Og

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 06:41:14 pm »
Putting it all on Fleabay !

£300

duncan h

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 06:56:07 pm »
I would have  bought it off you Simon mate, price is fine. Just some of it is too far away. I will end up all over West Yorkshire and spending ages driving using up petrol

Stoots

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 07:19:09 pm »
 8)

Oh thats nice, someone makes you an offer and you have a go at them, bet you wouldnt talk like that to someones face, what you should say is "no thanks"

Bit of a Bell end arent you. No wonder you cant sell your round.

3x might seem cheap from a seller point of view, but from a buyers view you are only buying goodwill, theres no contract to say the customers will stick with you, you could lose 100 quid of it straight away on handover and more down the line.  Wouldnt pay more than 3x for any work, but thats my perogative. No need to be Modded and naughty step about it.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »
Depends how it's sold some work it would be well worth your while taking a few months getting to know the customers or at least letting them see you,it all depends if it's just crap run of the poo work,some WCs I know and I know there work would be well up and over 3 x the monthly value.

Don Simon

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 10:55:41 pm »
I would have  bought it off you Simon mate, price is fine. Just some of it is too far away. I will end up all over West Yorkshire and spending ages driving using up petrol
I earn £40 - £70 on my own and that is with traveling included !     Just come out for a day and see what you think.

Don Simon

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 10:58:55 pm »
 8)

Oh thats nice, someone makes you an offer and you have a go at them, bet you wouldnt talk like that to someones face, what you should say is "no thanks"

3x might seem cheap from a seller point of view, but from a buyers view you are only buying goodwill, theres no contract to say the customers will stick with you, you could lose 100 quid of it straight away on handover and more down the line.  Wouldnt pay more than 3x for any work, but thats my perogative. No need to be Modded and naughty step about it.
No dissrespect mate, but I have been in this game sisnce I was 16 and sold a lot of work.    Any work lost s always made  up or refunded.    I just hate been messed about as I don't have the time
You stating how little you value my work doesnt bother me, it just shows you know nothing about quality work.

Don Simon

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 11:00:24 pm »
A good friend of mine sold a round for 10  X  cleans, and that was in Bradford, so there you go !

Don Simon

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 05:31:48 am »
 8)

Do you work around Huddersfield ?

ashbash

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 06:36:22 am »
70 quid an hour..... so your selling a days work as a bussiness.    (shakes head and rolls eyes)

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 06:45:06 am »
 8)

Are you challenging him to a fight? What are you, 14?

Don Simon

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 08:36:26 am »
 8)

Crawl back under yer stone ya troll  ::)roll

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2017, 08:41:17 am »
 8)

Crawl back under yer stone ya troll  ::)roll

Coming from you  ::)roll

"Look at me, look at me"

AuRavelling79

Re: Think I've sold it . . . . . . New
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 08:56:26 am »
Don Simon banned.
It's a game of three halves!