Dave Willis

Re: is this allowed??
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 07:11:52 am »
I don't think socks are ideal safety wear either.

Shouldn't be allowed! I  :og

Michael Peterson

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 10:55:43 am »
Heel hooks are alowed no-gi however in the gi not until blackbelt , your not allowed to reap the knee either

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 12:29:45 pm »
I would be more concerned with the position of that motor and drive chain. If it going to remain there it needs a chain guard.

That is what I thought too Spruce... Looks leather especially if a child starts messing about as the van door is left open.

For insurance purposes and legality i will draft up a sign giving warning not to put kids fingers into chain and turn on and if do so its at your own risk!!  There we go, i can sleep peacefully at night now  ;D ;D

I would not joke about things like that especially if you have got children yourself. Just put a bloody chain guard on it...Job done

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »
I would be more concerned with the position of that motor and drive chain. If it going to remain there it needs a chain guard.

That is what I thought too Spruce... Looks leather especially if a child starts messing about as the van door is left open.

For insurance purposes and legality i will draft up a sign giving warning not to put kids fingers into chain and turn on and if do so its at your own risk!!  There we go, i can sleep peacefully at night now  ;D ;D

I would not joke about things like that especially if you have got children yourself. Just put a bloody chain guard on it...Job done

I agree with you Smurf. If machines in a factory don't have suitable guards H&S will sort it out long before there is an accident if someone reports it.  Displaying warning notices won't make any difference.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

slap bash

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »
I have the same guide fitted to an arm which folds flat into the side of my van so the hose does not scratch my paintwork or get stuck into my van sliding door.

Shrek

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2017, 04:09:53 pm »

Hmm don't think a 3 year old would take any notice of a sign

nathankaye

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 04:53:38 pm »

Hmm don't think a 3 year old would take any notice of a sign

What 3yr old is allowed to run out on the streets by themselves. Mine certainly didnt n doesnt and certainly knows not to go into other people's car. Thats one of the many first things i teach my kids, along lines of no talking to strangers and if it aint your dont touch.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 05:10:04 pm »
You've done the hard bit Nathan , how hard is it to fit a guard ? Keeps you safe and any curious little kids

Bungle

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2017, 07:57:47 pm »
That hose guide won't last an hour. Bin it.
We look at them, they look through them.

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2017, 11:01:50 pm »
That hose guide won't last an hour. Bin it.

I wondered if it would help compared to what i usually do and its made it a little easier if im.working at a 90degree angle from van. So a cheap trial has helped eith that and its lasted 5 days so far so quite surprised as well
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2017, 07:20:02 pm »
Nathan, you could fit a thin bar behind the bumper and bolt the hose guide, as opposed to them screws (or what look like screws) ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------