paul alan

Whats your stance?
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:20:50 pm »
Did my usual forward txt tonight, "windows cleaners calling tomorrow" and got 1 reply from a usual regular customer-
Can we leave it this time as"they dont need doing"
Unhappy about this i replied- i only accept regular customers, if all my customers cancelled because they didnt want them doing i would end up in a situation where i wouldnt be able to pay my bills!
if you would like to cancel i fully understand.
No answer as yet.
So if your not at home for a month would you ring your mortgage provider and explain that you didnt want to pay this month because you wasnt at home??
We as window cleaners need to be regular, and i for 1 need customers to also be regular.
Customer upon initial quote told me some story about how the last cleaner wouldnt clean frames so she sacked him, now im thinking she was trying to pick n choose when they were done so he sacked her.
Who knows, im possibly one in a long line of cleaners that had enough of with her.
Even if she doesnt cancel tomorrow she will soon as i layed it down and it wont sit well.
Did i lose or gain?   Think i already know the answer!

Jays Window Cleaning

Re: Whats your stance?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:32:11 pm »
You don't need people like that . Soon as I get a new customer and they text that back . My reply is sorry we agreed on regular window cleaning from the start . I only have regular window cleaning customers . Most of the time from experience I text once I get that reply I strike them off . If they call in 3 months down the line I charge twice as much . Some have it done some don't . Don't worry getting worked up as one door closes anther few open . That's how it's been for me .

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:46 pm »
You don't need people like that . Soon as I get a new customer and they text that back . My reply is sorry we agreed on regular window cleaning from the start . I only have regular window cleaning customers . Most of the time from experience I text once I get that reply I strike them off . If they call in 3 months down the line I charge twice as much . Some have it done some don't . Don't worry getting worked up as one door closes anther few open . That's how it's been for me .
just txt back "sorry i will cancel then as they dont need doing"
Matter of opinion, not so much as if theyre clean or not- more if you want a proper window cleaner or not!
Onto the next one no doubt.

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:56 pm »
just txt back "sorry i will cancel then as they dont need doing"
Matter of opinion, not so much as if theyre clean or not- more if you want a proper window cleaner or not!
Free jobb going if anyone enjoys being messed.
Onto the next one no doubt.

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 10:46:00 pm »
I'm friendly with all the window cleaners in my area . We let each other know who to watch out for . It's the newbies that get the hit . I've been there since many times about to loose you rag . And I think is it really worth it . As you get in the game longer you can sense straight away who your dealing with .  My wife says to me 2 jobs rang up earlier I didn't bother writing any details down cause I know they are messers . Even the wife can see it now .

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:50:34 pm »
Its window cleaning evolution, survival of the strongest.
If you buckle to messer you wont last!

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 10:54:16 pm »
No, it is not survival of the strongest. That will get you dead and you’ll be first in the queue.

Survival is dependant on the ability to adapt.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:12 pm »
Big thumbs up to that . You see these new new window cleaning companies start up with new van sign written the lot . Then about 4 months down the line they have jacked it in . And y coz they let the messers get to them . Cleaning windows is the easy bit dealing with people is a very tough Task . You do have to be thick skinned in this business . Soon true you learn to adapt .

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:49 pm »
In our game, sometimes i think we can get ahead of ourselves. Ive been doing this job for some years (which ive harped on about in past), proud of my empire ive built up and proud of my job. Yet i still have to remind myself that at end of the day, our clients are our bosses, they hire us based on the services we have to offer. So if we get a txt for instance leave it this time as on holiday. Yep its a pain in ass, but they have every right to do so.
But we also have right to withdraw our services as well, its just getting that balance right.

When i switched all my trad customers onto wfp or when i take over a round as i am in process of doing. When i sell the idea of wfp to them and because im every 4wks, i do tell them their windows will stay cleaner for much longer. I can then tell, esp when speaking to fellers, they then ask if can do longer than 4wks. My response is simple. Its because i maintain them every 4 weeks that you will virtually always have clean windows apart from obviously birds fouling windows.
So i would have said same response to your customer and add that if you miss a clean you will soon start to realise.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:35 pm »
No, it is not survival of the strongest. That will get you dead and you’ll be first in the queue.

Survival is dependant on the ability to adapt.
adaption where required, not in desperation.

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 11:06:18 pm »
If you're a window cleaner and desperate you need to adapt.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 11:09:13 pm »
if your a window cleaner and your good at what you do, your not desperate!

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 11:14:54 pm »
Well that's our stance sorted lol

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 11:17:07 pm »

You wouldn't be desperate then would you. Feckin' Nora!

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 11:21:18 pm »
Text back and say you didn't get the text.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 11:25:38 pm »

;D

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 11:25:58 pm »

exactly what I thought *

paul alan

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 11:37:22 pm »
Either way i dont want customers that decide upon my when i get to earn,theres enough goood custoners out there to choose from.
If you dont mind takin it in the axxe thats up to you feckin nora!

jk999

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 11:49:54 pm »
The best ones are the ones that say don't do my windows  if it looks like rain then five months down line ask why you  haven't  cleaned their  windows  for months your reply is because when I'm in your area  it looks like rain they say can't you come on a sunny day when your reply is no they sack you  wtf

paul alan

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 11:53:06 pm »
The best ones are the ones that say don't do my windows  if it looks like rain then five months down line ask why you  haven't  cleaned their  windows  for months your reply is because when I'm in your area  it looks like rain they say can't you come on a sunny day when your reply is no they sack you  wtf
its always gonna rain, you cant hide from mother nature. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, its always gonna rain.