Lee Burbidge

What are the rules??
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »
I have used both trad and wfp for window cleaning. Out of curiosity I want to set up a race between the trad and ladder and the wfp system.... and film it for everyone to see.... question is how do I make it fair.

For example, not all trad guys clean the frame, they leave this to go dirty and then offer a frame cleaning service as extra where as wfp the frames are cleaned by default.

I thought to test this out by arriving at a house, taking off your equipment, setting up, cleaning the job and replacing everything back. So the race starts in the van and finishes in the van.....

Willing to listen to ideas for this film......

PAUL ERITH

Re: What are the rules??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:34:59 pm »
To make it fair let the trad cleaner start 5 min early  ;D ;D

Paul

Pete Thompson

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »
The rules are... clean a 3-storey house.

Lets see how fast your trad guy is handling tripple-section ladders compared to a guy with a 40ft pole  ;D  ;D  ;D

andyM

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »
Just use a couple of wendy houses side by side in your back garden.
After all there are some window cleaners who reckon they clean 40+ houses a day, so I presume they must be used to cleaning these wendy houses?  :-X ;D
One of the Plebs

DG Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:54:28 pm »
Should be average 3 bed semi.
Trad guy doesn't do frames because its not normally what he does.
WFP guy does frames for the same reason.
Don't think there will be much in it.
I suppose all the wfp lot with an inferiority complex will be along soon to slag trad off  ::)roll

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 01:08:26 pm »
It would have to be like for like or it is not a fair comparrison.

Front of two identical houses side by side.
The trad guy should wipe the frames (which some of us did do when we were trad.)

Film them both turning up and compare the time and finish.

steven ainger

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 01:15:08 pm »
Will the wfp house have phillic or phobic glass ??
It will make a big difference in cleaning time.
Will it be a first clean or regular clean ??

DG Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
Wiping the frames isn't the norm for trad yes some do but the vast majority don't.
It shouldn't be about who wins and loses but more about the time difference during a normal days work.
Start putting variables in it and we won't learn anything

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 01:38:30 pm »
Oh yeah; encouraging someone to "race" up and down ladders is a great idea, Lee!  ::)roll
It's a game of three halves!

a900

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 01:55:13 pm »
What about a row of terraces on bin day? Maybe with a local cat that makes a mess of the alley?

I am wfp btw.  ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »
Wiping the frames isn't the norm for trad yes some do but the vast majority don't.
It shouldn't be about who wins and loses but more about the time difference during a normal days work.

Its the norm for most window cleaners i know who are trad and i know dozens.

Also no running up or down ladders its dangerous.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 02:53:00 pm »
And most definately no ladderslides!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 03:04:53 pm »
It would have to be like for like really. To make it interesting, make it as much ladder work as possible.

I suppose all the wfp lot with an inferiority complex will be along soon to slag trad off

2.5x turnover on basic residential work says otherwise, and then some. Not even talking about commercial. Maybe not initially, but definitely the potential. Never mind all the work that you can't do trad.

wfp master

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:29 pm »
you would have to check the finish of both houses at the end to make sure both are passable whoever does the worst job gets time added on for any runs streaks bits missed ect. like a time penalty  ;)

formb

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 03:25:25 pm »
2.5x turnover on basic residential work says otherwise, and then some. Not even talking about commercial. Maybe not initially, but definitely the potential. Never mind all the work that you can't do trad.

A-lot of that difference is due to you not being completely knackered though, I doubt that you'd be 2.5x quicker in a one house race.

formb

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 03:26:06 pm »
First clean levels the race.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 03:51:43 pm »

Its the norm for most window cleaners i know who are trad and i know dozens.

Also no running up or down ladders its dangerous.

It might depend on where you live but no one round here cleans frames unless its extra

DG Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 03:54:09 pm »
It would have to be like for like really. To make it interesting, make it as much ladder work as possible.

I suppose all the wfp lot with an inferiority complex will be along soon to slag trad off

See, its started already.
 You cannot pole a house 2.5x faster than I could trad it.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 04:48:22 pm »
I have used both trad and wfp for window cleaning. Out of curiosity I want to set up a race between the trad and ladder and the wfp system.... and film it for everyone to see.... question is how do I make it fair.

For example, not all trad guys clean the frame, they leave this to go dirty and then offer a frame cleaning service as extra where as wfp the frames are cleaned by default.

I thought to test this out by arriving at a house, taking off your equipment, setting up, cleaning the job and replacing everything back. So the race starts in the van and finishes in the van.....

Willing to listen to ideas for this film......

That might be the case where you live but plenty up here (north east) try to get a way with just cleaning glass with wfp. (please note. there are some excellent wfp users up here too)
just do a glass only clean then inspect the results. only the fair way too do it IMO.

p.s. please everyone just keep too trying too clean 'glass only' wfp. I love u all!

Paul H

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 04:53:28 pm »
Time is money right ?

So who cares what method is fastest etc... It's about what method pays best ...

Trad could win maybe but only get £5 for the job ....

WFP may get double ....and only be slightly behind

Or vice versa

Just my opinion BTW