Tom White

Prince Increase Letter - Help!
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:15:25 am »
I've always put my prices up using a letter, with good effect, and it's that time for a price increase.

Can any of you word smiths improve upon this:

--------------------------------------------------------------

With effect of the next clean the price of your window cleaning will increase to £_________.  We apologise for this increase - putting up our prices is something we do not like to do - however the severity of the past two Winters has forced us to look at those accounts we feel are below what they should be.

We would like to remind our customers that we are fully insured (for your protection) and wish to provide a friendly, hassle free and professional service.

If you wish to discuss any of the above, or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Should I use the word 'apologise'?

Should I waffle on about the Winter bit?

Thanks in advance!

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

Re: Prince Increase Letter - Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:30:43 am »
I think it reads quite well tosh.

I did think the letter was going out to Harry.....lol

Only joking as i said it reads well.

Daz
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:34:38 am »
This is what Ive been using this week if theyre out

Dear Customer,

Due to an increase in costs (fuel, insurances, postage etc.) we have had to review our prices.

We have held off with this increase for as long as possible.

From your next clean the increase will be an extra £…25……. making your new price £…125……..

Our service does include all glass, window frames, sills, UPVC doors and door frames so we hope you agree it is still excellent value for money.

Many Thanks

Ian and Karen

H2o - (Home to Office)                                                                                                                                      
Window Cleaning

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:45:46 am »
we need GOLD to write you a letter! ;) ;D ;D

i never bother and just tell em face to face a few months prior to the rise BUT this is what id write if i was

dear customer

due to rising costs of VAT,insurances,fuel,equipment etc we have no alternative but to add a small rise to your window cleaning bill starting from the next clean from _ _to_ _

many thanks

tosh and splosh window cleaning services

i would not even write "do not hesitate to contact us" or anything else.just keep it short and sweet and PLEASE DONT USE THE OLD WINTER EXCUSE!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

bobby p

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:46:44 am »
its a mistake to come over as a "good ol boy" , folk take it that you are open to negotiation

i sometimes write "new price" but most times just write in the new price on their slip .

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:47:40 am »

i would not even write "do not hesitate to contact us" or anything else.just keep it short and sweet and PLEASE DONT USE THE OLD WINTER EXCUSE!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

like that trading name  ;)

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:49:12 am »
yup dont ask em tell em

like it or lump it

no likee no cleanee

simples  8)

brynley

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 09:49:27 am »
this is mine

Dear Customer,

WINDOW CLEANING – PRICE CHANGE

We have increased our price for the cleaning of your property for the first time in a number of years.

to £ ________. This increase will be effective at our next clean.

This is a reluctant price change due to increased costs. It is hoped that this will not deter you from being one of our valued customers and if you wish to discuss the above account. please do not hesitate to phone me.
Bryn

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:53:43 am »

like that trading name  ;)

Agree don't use the winter excuse, use "increased costs" if you must. Or tell them the truth. My wife wants to go on a cruise next year.

g.brookes

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:55:10 am »
why do none of you mention inflation? its the main reason you need to increase your prices, because the value of your price reduces year after year.  i just tell my customers face to face that im having to increase prices to match the rise in inflation and the rise in living costs.

gary999

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 10:05:38 am »
i think inflation comes under increased costs :)

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 10:09:17 am »
why do none of you mention inflation? its the main reason you need to increase your prices, because the value of your price reduces year after year.  i just tell my customers face to face that im having to increase prices to match the rise in inflation and the rise in living costs.

advoid it on purpose as then they may make the link to wage increae in their heads and if they not had a wage increase they may start talking percentages ie £10 to £12 is 20% etc etc etc ............... tenious but possible

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 10:28:21 am »
and the bit about bad winter,well for me tosh the winter just gone was the best i had for some time.lol ;D ;D ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 10:49:30 am »
Dear Custie,

The cleaning of your windows seems to have fallen below my projected hourly earnings of £60ph, therefore I shall be Increasing the price to whatever I feel necessary with immediate effect ( no notice required as I run this show).

Any problems, please feel free to moan about them to the next poor sod who decides to clean your windows for peanuts.

Tosh, please feel free to use my draft, however I think you're is better, but without the winter excuses. A custie couldn't care less (and it's not their problem) if you struggle with the harsh winter conditions.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

H S and Son

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 10:56:37 am »
this is mine

Dear Customer,

WINDOW CLEANING – PRICE CHANGE

We have increased our price for the cleaning of your property for the first time in a number of years.

to £ ________. This increase will be effective at our next clean.

This is a reluctant price change due to increased costs. It is hoped that this will not deter you from being one of our valued customers and if you wish to discuss the above account. please do not hesitate to phone me.
Bryn

That's everything it needs to be.

sunshine windows

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 11:27:51 am »
This is all I normally write at the top of their billing slip. If they're in I tell them in person.

Hi, as from next month I will be increasing my prices. Your new price will be £....... Hope this is ok. Regards, Lance

I've done a few recently where I've put them up a considerable amount  £15-20 bi-monthly, £25-£30 monthly and £35-£40 bi-monthly. With these I've just added a line of, sorry it's a big rise but I haven't increased my prices in a number of years .
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

j timms

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »
My customers received letter years ago telling them go up every two years (roughly ten per cent). Same ones moan same ones don't but u have to put up or u stand still.

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 10:45:01 pm »

Funnily enough, those two stuck out to me.
I wouldn't apologise or mention the two winters.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 11:27:52 pm »
Firstly read the title carefully Tosh!  ;D

Now the letter:

Dear Custy,

It is a long time since I increased my princes - I started in 1948 with Charles and then in 1960 I increased my princes when Andrew was born - the last prince increase was in 1964 when prince Edward arrived.

So now I need to increase them again but now I am celebrating my Golden Jubilee and even Phil the Greek's getting a bit old for that sort of hanky panky!

I do admit that Charles did his bit with Diana and we had two extra Princes in the nineteen eighties but his latest bird is a bit past it and so the mantle has been passed to William.

Fortunately he married a fine filly last year and so we're hoping he might bump out a Prince or two very soon.

I do hope you understand the need for all these Prince increases to keep the old family firm going.

Kind regards,

Her Maj. the Queen

Hope that helps Tosh!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 11:34:05 pm »
I've always put my prices up using a letter, with good effect, and it's that time for a price increase.

Can any of you word smiths improve upon this:

--------------------------------------------------------------

With effect of the next clean the price of your window cleaning will increase to £_________.  Sadly the effect of inflation, inexorably rising fuel costs, extra bank charges and the need to have facilities to harvest water in a responsible way has meant that putting up our prices is something we need to do to make our business viable.
We would like to remind our customers that we are fully insured (for your protection), work to current health and safety regulations and wish to provide a friendly, hassle free and professional service.

If you wish to discuss any of the above, or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Wayai Banzai Window Cleaning

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance!
It's a game of three halves!