Jackal

who sends cards
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:22:12 pm »
do many of you send cards to your custys? just thanking them or wishing them a good xmas

or is it a bit tacky and sad

TomCrowther

Re: who sends cards
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 01:36:18 pm »
I do. Get them made up, wishing them a Merry Christmas etc and thanking them for the business through the year. I am an old fogey when it comes to this type of thing and will always send Christmas cards to every customer I had that year, even if it was a one off gutter clean or pressure washing job.

geefree

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 01:43:17 pm »
I used too ,but there are too many and ,they all send one back....cant be having xmas cards all over my van  ;D

Jackal

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 01:52:22 pm »
iv got 270 to wright out only done 10 and i see why you can t be arsed  ::),im not doing 70 of them as i only had them on the books for 2 months plus wont see them again till after xmas now

LSB

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »
i send personalised cards and diarys to all commercial customers .
i used to send cards to domestic customers years ago when i first started , but too many of them thought i was only doing it for tips , which i wasnt ! , and now i have too many of them to send cards to .

bad trippy

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 07:15:41 pm »
I only send a card to frank, but he never sends one back
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 07:31:20 pm »
cant imagine sending 340 xmas cards out every year!! ::) ::)

its bad enough doing the xmas shopping and sending the odd card to family and friends!! ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 07:47:34 pm »
I have nearly 200 window cleaning customers and i send each of them a card with a lucky dip lotto ticket in. They love it and it's an inexpensive way of saying thanks to them for their loyalty

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 07:54:54 pm »
I have nearly 200 window cleaning customers and i send each of them a card with a lucky dip lotto ticket in. They love it and it's an inexpensive way of saying thanks to them for their loyalty

tell me your having a laugh mate???!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 07:56:35 pm »
Not at all. Why would I lie about such a thing?

Dave Anderson

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 08:05:00 pm »
I like that lucky dip idea...very different.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 08:08:21 pm »
Started doing it 3 years ago when I only had about 50 customers (I carpet clean aswell) - xmas tips trebled!! ;)

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »
Well Dazmond............

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »
i usually get £500+ in tips and bottles of wine etc etc and ive never given any customer anything apart from clean windows!!but spending £200 just to give them a ticket and then you have to pay for 200 xmas cards?nah not for me!i just wish them all the best for xmas and the new year and leave it at that!

dazmond

Jackal

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »
iv delivered half my xmas cards now,took ages and think i wont be doing it again,not because its a pain but because custy proberly think your hinting for tips and i dont want them thinking that,wish i didnt bother now

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 10:13:54 pm »
Works for me!  ;D If it dont work for you then good for you - do whats right for you. Nobody has ever suggested that I'm hinting for tips - some give and others dont but all my customers I respect and give a polite and reliable service and I get respect back in return.
Daz, when you made the transition months ago you were so happy to receive any advice on offer and from what I remember those early days were tough when you made the switch from trad to wfp. I remember raising many an eyebrow whilst reading your daily diaries (which you flooded this forum with) - some of which I found quite boring. Others may have found them interesting to read so I abstained from passing my comments.
Just remember it's horses for courses and just because you have been doing wfp for a few months it doesn't make you the any better or knowledgeable than others.
Good luck.

chopsie

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 10:21:00 pm »
i would be gutted if i bought all my customers a lottery ticket and one hit the jackpot!!
chopsie

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 10:25:28 pm »
one did!

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 10:29:43 pm »
just kidding  ;D however one of my custys did win the jackpot with a ticket he purchased. 10.5 million!

chopsie

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 10:35:30 pm »
you still his cleaner?
chopsie

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 11:07:34 pm »
steve i think if i tried sending cards etc up here (manchester) people would automatically think i was creeping for tips!and thats what i think as well!custies are just cashcows to most of us with a few good custies here and there that we are fond of but not enough to send them a xmas card!!

its brown nosing in my view.a bit like people who sponsor charities but the real reason for their interest is gaining more business!!

dazmond

magic1

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 08:55:54 am »
giving out cards is a marketing tool. I give all customers a card with a small slip reminding them of our rain grantee. just it time for winter. reinforce that light rain makes no diff. Builds customer loyalty. Lets them know last clean before xmas. I write out all my cards. i dont write to who or house num just form all the staff.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 09:22:42 am »
Daz if a chariry were to approach me asking if I could sponsor them and my business could benefit from it I would jump at the chance. The charity would benefit and so would I. Dont see anything wrong or immoral in that at all.

craigR

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 11:47:05 am »
1st year at wc but am going to do it this year hopefuly to consolidate the fresh business I,ve got????

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 12:01:58 pm »
steve i think if i tried sending cards etc up here (manchester) people would automatically think i was creeping for tips!and thats what i think as well!custies are just cashcows to most of us with a few good custies here and there that we are fond of but not enough to send them a xmas card!!

its brown nosing in my view.a bit like people who sponsor charities but the real reason for their interest is gaining more business!!

dazmond
Yeah, that's how I'd see it.
If I started giving cards out they'd wonder why...