Alex Wingrove

Re: DIY diesel heater.....
« Reply #300 on: November 11, 2019, 08:59:13 pm »
Hi

I know its slightly off topic,

But before you dismantled you heater, did you notice if comes with a frost stat? Or can be programmed to fire up when below a certain temperature?

Thanks

Alex

P @ F

« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2019, 09:26:04 am »
It doesn’t come as standard with the usual controller , but there is an aftermarket controller  that does all manner of stuff including what you ask .
It’s called  “Afterburner “ and I think it sells for about £70
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2019, 09:26:30 pm »
Here they come chaps   ;D

zesty

« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2019, 09:28:44 pm »
So when are you sending me one out! Money’s waiting!

Looks good though mate 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

P @ F

« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2019, 01:04:18 am »
I’m fitting mine up tomorrow , have to change the whole van as I have gone from horizontal to vertical with the design , it’s had a few weeks of long run bench testing so far but this doesn’t give a true measure of heat capability unless it is connected to a full system and reel full of hose , looking promising so far though.
The cost has risen a fair bit though as it’s  now in full double skin stainless, what I built the complete original model for 12 months ago is what it’s costing in parts and labour for the heat exchanger alone !
It’s still looking at being a quarter of the cost of the other diesels though ,

Nice new full ally frame though , not like the cheapie in the pic  ;D

zesty

« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2019, 09:14:29 am »
Sounds good!

What’s the cost looking like? I’ll be first to buy once you’re ready mate (bare in mind winter is fast approaching)

P @ F

« Reply #306 on: November 17, 2019, 10:00:23 pm »
This can only mean one thing.  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #307 on: November 17, 2019, 10:04:44 pm »
it broke ???
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #308 on: November 17, 2019, 10:38:09 pm »
No , but I feel some glass may well do tomorrow, MK3 is a serious kick arse machine ,  ;D :D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2019, 12:10:09 pm »
The magic number !

nathankaye

« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2019, 12:48:55 pm »
Yea 👏👊

So after further testings, do we get some figures for us kean buyers....production time, waiting time n prices......oh and a very simple diagram how to connect up
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2019, 05:40:46 pm »
It doesn’t come as standard with the usual controller , but there is an aftermarket controller  that does all manner of stuff including what you ask .

Thanks for the info.

I have had a look around but can't find where they are sold. I have emailed the guy who makes it but he hasn't replied.

Can you point me in the right direction please.

Also, I may have missed it from the thread, what's the fuel consumption per hour and do you have to keep it running all day?

Thanks

Alex

P @ F

« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2019, 05:51:30 pm »

Thanks for the info.

I have had a look around but can't find where they are sold. I have emailed the guy who makes it but he hasn't replied.

Can you point me in the right direction please.

Also, I may have missed it from the thread, what's the fuel consumption per hour and do you have to keep it running all day?

Thanks

Alex
They use about 400ml of fuel per hour at full power it has to run all the time to get hot water , or until the tank water temp rises enough to switch it off , but that is normally at the end of the day !

Splash & dash

« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2019, 05:51:38 pm »
The magic number !

Ime sure all heaters will produce 60 degrees with a foot of hose off the reel when you get 100 meters down the road it will be a bit less ,

P @ F

« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2019, 05:59:31 pm »
That 60 was direct from heater after 3 hours running ,
First thing today with a 15 feed I was getting 35/40 at the brush head with  about 75m or abouts off the reel , which I feel is more than enough to start the day, I don’t want to break any glass do I  !

P @ F

« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2019, 06:02:19 pm »
Alex I will see what I can do about the afterburners, I know a man that knows THE man  ;D

zesty

« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2019, 06:02:47 pm »
First thing today with a 15 feed I was getting 35/40 at the brush head with  about 75m or abouts off the reel , which I feel is more than enough to start the day, I don’t want to break any glass do I  !

Yes mate, anything is better than 3 or 4 degree water!

As Nathan said, what’s the cost looking like? How far off are you on sending them out, we’re waiting! 

P @ F

« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2019, 06:10:23 pm »
I could start production tomorrow to be honest , my fabricator is waiting to go
I just need to road test mine a little bit more
Few little bits are to be changed as well to make it easier and cheaper to produce as it will need less bits from less companies

Splash & dash

« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2019, 06:15:41 pm »

You won’t break any glass at those temperatures that’s for  sure , unless it’s already damaged we have been using 60+ degrees at the brush in winter for over 5 years with 50 meters of hose out , with 100 it’s a bit less and only ever cracked 2 one was already damaged with a big chip the other was a new pain of glass that had been overpacked by the installers and they said that it would have cracked with sun on it due to the faulty way it was fitted , we do sometimes turn the heat down but generally don’t bother

P @ F

« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2019, 06:28:30 pm »
I can still go a bit higher yet , I run at 5 Hz but can go up to 5.5 Hz , in fact you can go to 8 Hz but that is meant to be for the 8Kw model , the 5Kw glow plugs don’t like it as I found out  ;D