P®oPole™

Omnipole tanks on Ebay?
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:21:31 am »
Just found these two tanks for sale on ebay, they look like good tanks and from what I can make out one is the same as omnipole source from there supplier and the other has been through Omnipole as it has there sticker on it.

Item No's.

"This tank new cost over £700.00, and are the same tanks that Omnipole fit (so that must tell you something about the quality of them)."

Anyone looking for a good tank I would recomend them as a better alternative to simply strapping down ibc's or alike. However I just cant work out why they are so cheap when compared to the systems Omnipole sell, which I dont think look that much different.
Does anyone have an omnipole system? What else do you get for 6-8k+VAT other than £700 worth of tank? It is a very fancy yellow tank though. One is on ebay for £50! were's the rest of it? Im not knocking Omnipole as I think there systems look quite good but they are very expensive.

I think Tucker are extremley expensive for what it is. It just looks like a black tank to me. Also I have never heard such waffle from a company in all my life. That Alan lays it on so thick, I cant stand the fella.

Is it wrong to use heated pure water? and would it damage windows?

ProPole

TennetClean

Re: Omnipole tanks on Ebay?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:38:26 am »
I think Tucker are extremley expensive for what it is. It just looks like a black tank to me. Also I have never heard such waffle from a company in all my life. That Alan lays it on so thick, I cant stand the fella

Spot on there propole mate, a simple black plastic tank, a pump and a resin bottle.  That is it.  And that Alan guy simply does not have a clue. I spoke to him at windex.  oh my god!  He was repeating the same thing over and over again for the whole day.  All he kept going on about was how terrible hot water is which was a puzzle until I realised why...they dont do a hot system!  LOL also - TOUPE!  I asked a few questions about using it for different types of window cleaning and it became apparent that he and his boys know diddly squat about window cleaning.

And that system in the 4x4, hilarious.  £33k for that and it was totally inappropriate for window cleaning IMO.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

P®oPole™

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 11:55:46 am »
Hi Tennet,

You noticed too then mate ;) I never actually went to Windex this year but in the past have been unfortunate to meet this Alan character (Marketing Director of Tucker) He's very annoying and not a very clever guy if you ask me, unless he thinks your gullible and have money.

Its a shame because they were first in the game. However they have in my opinion sat still, when others moved foward.

ProPole

TennetClean

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 02:05:57 pm »
What I found highly hilarious is at the last windex, the same alan guy was banging on and on about carbon poles and how "they shatter if you drop them" (his exact words).  What a load of chuff.  And now low and behold they are selling guess what.... carbon poles.

I pointed this out to him and he said "ah yes but these carbon poles are different..."

Lost all interest then, it became obvious that he will say ANYTHING whether its true or not to try to sell gear.

P®oPole™

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 07:50:42 pm »

Tennet,

When I tried talking to Mr Matthews about there pole range he quickly moved onto someone else and was only interested in selling and promoting his black tank range. I must admit I do like the pole holder on top, brilliance!

I have just found these skid tanks at chic cleaning reachandclean.co.uk/acatalog/Super_Baffled_tank.html

They look very familiar to the Omnipole. I cant get over the prices of these tanks, they seem very cheap for how good they look. However closer inspection of the pics and it looks like the metal straps are only held with small hooks, I may be wrong.

Pro

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 08:23:45 pm »
I think Tucker are extremley expensive for what it is. It just looks like a black tank to me. Also I have never heard such waffle from a company in all my life. That Alan lays it on so thick, I cant stand the fella

Spot on there propole mate, a simple black plastic tank, a pump and a resin bottle.  That is it.  And that Alan guy simply does not have a clue. I spoke to him at windex.  oh my god!  He was repeating the same thing over and over again for the whole day.  All he kept going on about was how terrible hot water is which was a puzzle until I realised why...they dont do a hot system!  LOL also - TOUPE!  I asked a few questions about using it for different types of window cleaning and it became apparent that he and his boys know diddly squat about window cleaning.

And that system in the 4x4, hilarious.  £33k for that and it was totally inappropriate for window cleaning IMO.

You asked him questions about using his toupé for window cleaning or did I read that wrong?   ;D ;D ;D
No wonder he wasn't very helpful.  Scrim is much better   ;D

TennetClean

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:40:47 pm »
Hooray for the Toupe!

P®oPole™

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 09:58:27 pm »

Lol  ;D

Tennet,

Can you load the tank picture from chic cleaning on this site, I dont seem to have any joy with it.

Cheers,

Pro

TennetClean

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 10:14:54 pm »
This one?