madlaine1981

Hi
What you do if you make a cleaning job but the person doesn't want to pay you?Doesn't pick up a phone from you and when pick up says that it will come at particular time and pay but doesn't appear?

www.mandccleaning.co.uk

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

Re: What to do with a customer who doesn't want to pay for cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:01:25 pm »
Hi
What you do if you make a cleaning job but the person doesn't want to pay you?Doesn't pick up a phone from you and when pick up says that it will come at particular time and pay but doesn't appear?

www.mandccleaning.co.uk

I would go round to them and ask them them for the money or if they say they will drop it off write a form out so they can sign saying they will drop off the money then you have a payment agreement??

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:02:04 pm »
and then if they don't pay after the agreement...?

Kris McCulloch

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:02:49 pm »
I know this is an old thread, but here goes....

The answer is really defined by whether you want to keep the client or not but remember a client who doesnt pay is worse than no client at all, as you have outlays to pay.

I would suggest you look at going down the small claims court route.  This is a very easy and cheap route and generally people will pay when they get the court papers.

On the other hand, if its a small amount you could write it off and chalk it up to experience.

Kris

Adam P

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 03:51:14 pm »
recently been recommended these guys http://www.thomashiggins.com/

been told 99% of customers pay after getting a letter through the door from them.

JandS

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:35:22 pm »
Don't clean for them.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Simon Payne

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »
tjb@ccmatters.com

Email the lady above, she might be able to help you, she collected old debts for us with ease, her rates are very fair and she is a very nice lady

Trudy Buckman is the name of the lady

yvette macdonald

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »
If you bank with Barclays bank I think they have a free collection service for customers that do not pay. Can't remember if it is free I haven't had to use it yet.

Speak to you Business Bank manager. Everyone should be with Barclays I have found them so helpfull :) I also have computer back up software that I pay 3.30 a month for but least if  I break my laptop I can access it easier again.