HampshireWindowCleaning

Power Up HD remote controlled
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:01:19 am »
I know there's another thread at the moment discussing electric reels but I don't think anyone's mentioned the radio controlled Power Up. Has anyone on here got one and if so is it any good. It's quite a bit more than the standard Power Up so I wondered if it was worth the extra cash.
Also how easy are they to install?  It says they run off the  van battery which I've never done before, is this do-able for someone that knows very little about wiring etc?

Clever Forum Name

Re: Power Up HD remote controlled
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 12:20:17 pm »
I had a play with one yesterday and the remote system is pretty dam awesome.

I don't know if Jordan has released info on it but he has a new feature on the reel and its a very handy one for guys with roller systems like me. The feature is remote controlled :)

scott

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:08:08 pm »
I know there's another thread at the moment discussing electric reels but I don't think anyone's mentioned the radio controlled Power Up. Has anyone on here got one and if so is it any good. It's quite a bit more than the standard Power Up so I wondered if it was worth the extra cash.
Also how easy are they to install?  It says they run off the  van battery which I've never done before, is this do-able for someone that knows very little about wiring etc?
Hi.ive had mine set up now for about a week.Its fine using the rewind button when feeding the hose onto the reel.But when using the remote and walking back to your van as it reels in ,the hose reels in on the centre of the reel and builds up until it slips off and causes a birds nest effect on the reel which is hard to unreel

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:20:01 pm »
i have the standard version, didn't really see the point in the remote control. They are great reels though.
And they are very simple to install.

Roy Harding

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 08:09:30 am »
I have the remote, used it a couple of times as said hose will tangle.

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 08:21:03 am »
Until you get a reel with hose that is self guiding then a remote reel is pointless.