AuRavelling79

Re: Dangerous work
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 09:24:52 am »
Back in the day  good old fashioned window cleaners would not of though twice about  doing half the stuff talked about trouble is since w fp  was invented .a lot  of people have got  soft .won't even get off ladders off van  to get over gate.. that's the trouble when you have only worked in factorys offices ..and the like. I stiil do awkward stuff even climb gates evevev though I use W F P.

Back in the day  good old fashioned asbestos removers would not of though twice about  doing half the stuff talked about trouble is since face masks were invented a lot  of people have got  soft .won't even go into a dusty building without a mask.. that's the trouble when you have only worked in factorys offices ..and the like. I stiil do panel removal even though I use a mask if it's really bad.

Back in the day  good old fashioned chimney sweeps would not of though twice about sending their kids up chimneys trouble is since vacuums was invented .a lot  of people have got  soft .won't even get their kids brushing out the corners of the fireplace that's the trouble when you have only worked in factorys offices ..and the like. I stiil do awkward stuff like knocking a chimney pot off onto the pavement with my rods evevev though I use a power sweeper.

;D

It's a game of three halves!

NWH

Re: Dangerous work
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 01:44:42 pm »
Ive worked in agriculture, at home and abroad; landscaping for 11 years and window cleaning for 22. I'd say farming is by far the most dangerous job because of the machinery involved. However, window cleaning is where the risks were taken.

What Daz just said about frosty sloping rooves, hanging on to a window frame, been there, done that; its nuts.
Yeah have to agree I spoke to a bloke only this week about insurance and farm workers,they’ve paid out lots of times to farmers this particular company last one was 3 million the bloke was following a pile driver putting huge posts in,the pile driver  got caught on his clothing drove his leg into the ground and tore it clean off.