Si

Payment Slips
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:28:26 am »
Hi my 1st notification on the sight and new to the trade.

1. Can anyone advise on what to put on the slips you post through the door when the customer is not around to pay?

2. Any ideas on how to get payment rather than having to call around one evening a week?  

Many thanks in advance

Si

replacement

Re: Payment Slips
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:41:23 am »
If you search the forum, all your questions will be answered.

Justin

Ps By doing this you will find so much more information as well.

Si

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 11:49:43 am »
Any ideas where I might find them, I have viewed the forum over the last 3 weeks, but have not come across the question?

Many Thanks

replacement

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 07:47:14 pm »
You need to help yourself abit, it took me 2 mins to find the answers from previous posts. Alot of people will help you but you need to really help yourself abit no one is going to spoon feed you the informataion. Ill give you a tip look on page 4 and look for the heading Collecting Money.

Justin

Ps sthing is ment to be s p o o n. Stupid thing.

WavieDavie

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 01:23:23 am »
Hi Si

Read all the way through the Welcome Message on this board http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Startingwindowcleaning;action=display;num=1080386153 and all (well, some!) will be revealed.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 01:01:24 am »
Customer contact is important. Although its a real pain in the bum i make sure I get round and collect every Thursday night and get the money from the not ins. Always give em a couple of minutes. Ive only lost 2 or 3 customers in the last 3 years

Duke

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 07:49:19 pm »
If my Customer is out (and most are at work) I leave a stamped addressed envelope and an invoice. This reads to the effect of...'your windows have been cleaned today'...........include name, address,date, and a little message on the bottom saying 'your prompt payment is most appreciated', dont forget the price...and importantly, use a first class stamp ! Never devalue your business or the importance of payment by using a second class stamp ( all it sais is pay me when you get round to it ) I use a PO Box...I call every day to collect mail and pay the cheques into the bank. I draw it out on Friday....simple. Anybody doesn't pay by the next time they are due...doesn't get done again until they have paid. Tunes the round, trains them up !