johnnye

help, please guys
« on: May 19, 2004, 06:51:30 pm »
ive just been layed off from my job have the cash and enthusiasm 2 start a window cleaning round. any help or tips are appreciated guys, cheers ::)

Pete_Riley

Re: help, please guys
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 07:26:26 pm »
Best tip I can give mate is to read as much as you can on this forum.I only started a few months ago and have found the advice on here invaluable.Best of luck.

johnnye

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 09:07:29 pm »
cheers mate ;), but wot would b the average cost would a round b to buy?

Philip Hanson

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 09:44:42 pm »
cheers mate , but wot would b the average cost would a round b to buy?

A decent round will usually cost approximately 3 times it's monthly value.

Be very careful buying work, if its not up to date (as most rounds that are for sale arent)  you will lose a good proportion of the customers straight away as they will already have someone else.

Buying a round is always a big gamble, and the work will never ever be as good as you canvass yourself, in the areas you want at your prices.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

replacement

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 09:54:27 pm »
Totally agree Philip.

Best way is to get your own work and your prices. Buying a round is a total waste if you ask me.

Justin

johnnye

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 10:00:17 pm »
yeah, thats good in theory. but how do i know which areas to go at or if im treadin on anyones toes?

replacement

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 10:10:06 pm »
There is no area. If the window cleaner is doing a good job then he will not lose that house. KNock on or advertise in what every area you want.

Dont go charging silly prices thou like £3 per house as this is stuip and your soon see what a big mistake you have made. Just read alot of posts on this forum and others the time spent reading will come in very handy.

Justin

billozz

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 08:59:46 pm »
i agree with all of the above, but especially the bitabout charging the right price. we  work on about £26 per hour ...thats for 2 of us ..so about £13 per hour each....so if a house takes 1/2 hour charge £13....15mins charge £6.50....this is for domestic....commercial charge more around £30 per hour.
be nice to know what others charge....but dont be drawn into charging lower to get the business...it doesnt work
regards
bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

qwerty

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 10:32:09 pm »
Had a lovely conversation with a polite old lady she phoned to see if I could clean her house.................
anyway at the end of what she wanted from me
it entailled she wanted all her house cleaned inside and out for £5 per hour as the advert she had looked at stated from £5 per hour which inluded walking her dog.

nearly fell off my chair I was looking for that little man jeremy beadle to come out from behind the door....

made my day