Pete_Riley

Wakefield Area
« on: March 30, 2004, 06:18:02 pm »
Is there anyone in the Wakefield or surrounding area wanting to sell off part of their round.I aint doin too well with the canvassing.(Everyone seems to already have a window cleaner)
Thanks.
Either post on here or email me at
peteriley@fsmail.net.

replacement

Re: Wakefield Area
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 06:22:56 pm »
Takes time to start an wc business up i think. I have been going for an month now and have not got loads of work. I can see why wc come and go so quick.

Keep trying dont give up i am sure you will get there.

Justin

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:25:47 pm »
Hi Pete,

Have you tried any new estates being built near you? Contact the site agent or show house to get your foot in the door - literally! Remember to ask the site agent where his next job's going to be once that one's finished.

Look in the property pages of your local paper for the new ones opening up.  It might be worth going in at a cheap price to keep the show house sparkling, if you can get the nod for when buyers are taking on their new house.

Thankyou - that'll be a fiver  ;)
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Pete_Riley

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 10:44:42 pm »
Thanks guys,yeah I was thinking about new estates.
Suppose Im just getting a bit impatient,been doing it over a month now and only got 10 clients.And yes I am doing cold calling but they all say same,(sorry luv we already have a cleaner).

fez

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 01:14:18 am »
Hi Pete.

I struggled a bit at first, why don't you try a leaflet on a hospital notice board?
I did (my wife works there) and got around 20 new customers all over town. From those 20, when I started doing them (always clean new customers on a Saturday) I picked up at least three times that on each street.
On one street, I started with one house and now, six months later I do over 30. All from a free poster!

Oh and I've always found I had poor results from leafleting.

Keep trying.