Slatercleaners

Rubber - soft or hard
« on: March 01, 2004, 11:33:50 am »
I've worn out my first ettore rubber!!!!!

I'm working North of Inverness, should it be the soft or hard type that I replace it with?
Slater Cleaning Services

fez

Re: Rubber - soft or hard
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 04:14:26 pm »
Hard rubber is designed for warm climates, so you'll probably need soft.

However, it is a personal thing so if I were you I'd get a couple of hard rubbers as well to try them out. I bought a 10" squeegee recently that came with a hard rubber and I found it to be great, it lasted a lot longer. Having said that though, I still buy soft.

I hope that this is a help. :)

Paul@FreshView

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 12:32:18 am »
I used Hard rubber for about 5 years as it was the only thing my boss ever supplied.

Since taking the tentative steps of starting up on my own Ive moved over to soft, I found it took a little while to get used to but now wouldnt go back to the hard stuff.

Just to confuse the issue though I have just bought some Unger 3star rubber http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=190

Not tried it yet though, anyone know anything about this type of rubber???

stevekennedy

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 12:25:26 am »
Paul, I think theyre made from silicone ??? They wear at the point where they touch your BOAB.

GaryS, We use soft Pulex or Ettore. We have tried them all.

Paul@FreshView

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 12:53:46 am »
Thanks for that Steve.  

Was a touch dubious when I ordered it as it was priced cheaper than Ungers other rubbers.

Thought it may be sub-standard to those. But hey, only a couple of quid extra on my order.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 11:14:26 am »
They wear at the point where they touch your BOAB.

I have had exactly this experience with unger soft rubbers.  They do seem to glide a little better though.

Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton