AuRavelling79

Cleaning an office block - which brush do you recommend?
« on: March 08, 2023, 04:32:21 pm »
I rarely clean office buildings but have conceded to do one for a regular customer with one helper.

Brush recommends please.

It is a grey clad stand alone building of 20m x 10m x 7m high with three small perspex roofs over door ways. It is only 3 years old so not utterly ingrained with dirt and although it is on an industrial estate it is away from factories and roads and outside any major conurbation so clean air by UK city standards.

Having tested a few spots with my standard Gardiner' window cleaning brush the dirt seems to come away with water and stubborn areas respond well to a bit of detergent and I will have some G101 to hand which I can dip the brush in or pump diluted with a backpack for stubborn spots of which there are only a few.

The choice from Gardiner's seems very exhaustive, but what would you use on the basis that I am costing in a pair of brushes solely for this job but if they aren't totally wrecked I will keep for future use. Would you go larger than standard W/C Brushes or not?

Thanks in advance.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

Re: Cleaning an office block - which brush do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 04:35:16 pm »
The large flocked Extreme if it’s very dirty I would also get the same brush in the DuPont version try that first if it does the job use that,it’s a tad lighter. 

dd

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 04:48:08 pm »
I find the standard super light flocked a good brush. Not as wide as some options but it has plenty of bristles and is good for scrubbing.

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 05:06:16 pm »
I would also go with an Xtreme flocked sill 35cm brush, probably put a swivel on it as well.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 05:52:12 pm »
Sorry yes that’s what I also meant the sill flocked Extreme.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 07:50:17 pm »
any of the brushes will do a great job - just get a mix of TFR on it first

To save your shoulders and neck go for as light as brush as you can and high water flow - with the soap on first you won't need much scrubbing

when I used gardiners I found the super lite medium mixed more than good enough

now its just a standard streamline brush

don't overthink it - its a real easy clean

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 08:19:34 am »

Exactly that. Its sweeping muck around glass. Nothing more.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2023, 08:26:15 am »

Exactly that. Its sweeping muck around glass. Nothing more.

Err. It's predominantly cladding.  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 08:26:56 am »
Yea, its sweeping plastic. Nothing more.

;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 08:48:54 am »
For my artwork  clean jobs I use an ultimate 35cm brush with 4 jets for wider coverage with controller on full blast
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 12:48:39 pm »
For my artwork  clean jobs I use an ultimate 35cm brush with 4 jets for wider coverage with controller on full blast

What's an artwork clean job?

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2023, 01:22:20 pm »
If only it was just sweeping glass etc tell that to the fool that helps me

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2023, 03:54:06 pm »

What's an artwork clean job?

Local artist paints pics and displays them on big boards on the main Rd near where I live so I wash all the traffic film off them every couple of months.... :)
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2023, 05:04:04 pm »
If only it was just sweeping glass etc tell that to the fool that helps me

You sound like someone id really like to work for.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2023, 05:37:41 pm »
I will disagree with anyone that says WFP is easy and can be learnt within days-weeks of picking up a pole,I’ve paid peanuts and decent money makes no difference no one cares or cleans anywhere near to my standards I’ve had before.
As for using a squeegee lol I wouldn’t even bother trying to teach some people there’s been no change over the years still the same kind of people going for window cleaning jobs,they all think it’s an easy you don’t need any skills or dexterity job end of 🤣🤣 it’s actually satisfying when I see some of these fools attempting to clean a window.

dd

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 05:49:43 pm »
If you have low expectations of your employee Nigel they will probably just match them.

If you dealt with Grippa in such a derogatory manner I am not surprised you got nowhere with you hosereel complaint.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2023, 05:59:28 pm »
Oh right ok so sending emails and videos and speaking to receptionists that are stationed all over the country is wrong you say countless times,press 1 if you want to be put through to some bloke called Peter in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 that will just forward your enquiry,press 2 if you want to be put through to Aisha in probably Aberdeen lol 😂.
Wave 50£ notes down the phone to be got back to immediately 🤣🤣

deeege

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2023, 06:09:26 pm »
I will disagree with anyone that says WFP is easy and can be learnt within days-weeks of picking up a pole,I’ve paid peanuts and decent money makes no difference no one cares or cleans anywhere near to my standards I’ve had before.
As for using a squeegee lol I wouldn’t even bother trying to teach some people there’s been no change over the years still the same kind of people going for window cleaning jobs,they all think it’s an easy you don’t need any skills or dexterity job end of 🤣🤣 it’s actually satisfying when I see some of these fools attempting to clean a window.

Contradicting yourself again Nigel.

Wasn’t the quote you used to use “it’s just colouring in the glass?” and now all of a sudden only the most intelligent workers can figure it out.  Make your mind up.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2023, 06:13:15 pm »

A bad workman always blames his tools.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2023, 06:25:37 pm »
Yeah and I’ve certainly employed some tools in my time all useless.

Slacky

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2023, 06:39:32 pm »
You should hear what they say about you.

Only got yourself to blame. No one made you employ them.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2023, 08:32:51 pm »
They are not worthy of me being bothered about what they’d think why would I be bothered about some fool that can’t stop himself from dribbling,I’m going to see old man Aspinal tomorrow see if he can lend me a monkey 🙈 for a few months.

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2023, 12:24:10 am »

A bad workman always blames his tools.

A bad boss blames his worker!

With only one exception - everyone ive employed can has learnt the basic technique of water fed pole in 2 working days -after that its about repeating the process until its second nature and learning the different conditions throughout the year (refining the technique - just like your round)
However there are those that don't want to put their best effort in or think the job is beneath them - these types do and consistently do bad cleans - even tho they know how to do it correctly

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2023, 08:51:08 am »
⬆️ so true if they can do the job once they’ve had a Bollo**ing for a few days straight and then all of a sudden the works crap it’s  down to attitude.