wtatum

Just got started
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:53:45 pm »
Hi guys,

I posted a note 2 weeks ago to thankyou all for the help and advice offered on this site, i was on holiday last week and today dropped my first flyers through some doors, 29 to be precise, i didn't have time to drop anymore as i had potential customers phoning me up straight away, desperate for some help, from these 29 i have 4 regular cleans with 3 needing an initial deep clean and an education centre. I know full well that if it were not for this site i would not have had the confidence to go self employed.

I am fully aware that i have well and truly fallen on my feet and do not expect the same conversion rate elsewhere, it was just right time and right place. It also helps that i had the headteacher of the centre which is need of a cleaner.

Once again thanks for all thehelp and advice that you guys constantly provide for the newbies.

"It is better to have lived 1 day as a tiger than 1000 years as a sheep!"

Mr T Walker

Re: Just got started
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 06:09:36 pm »
ey up wtatum, were did you get your fliers form did ypu print them yourself or use a firm, me and our lass are thinking of starting up a cleaning busness, can you give me some advce on what to put on the fliers, we both still do office cleaning for other companys and stil will til we get up and runing, we are stil thinking off names for our busines.

cheers Tez

Mr T Walker

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:05:53 pm »
wtatum, ive got all night im staying in just email me if its easyer

wtatum

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:09:28 pm »
Hi tez,

I did the flyers myself using publisher and then printed them out, i spaced it out so i could get 2 flyers per sheet and cut the A4 into A5 using a guillotine, it looks proffessional enough.

I can only say don't over complicate the flyer make it short sharp and get your message across, you have to make it catchy because 99% of people will have a quick look before throwing it the bin. You have to make them want to read it.

I'm not sure though tez why you need flyers if you want to concentrate on office cleans, i'm sure somebody will correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think a flyer suffice, there are plenty of words of advice and help in the previous posts on this forum, just trawl through them all, you will be amazed at the knowledge imparted on here.

wayne

"It is better to have lived 1 day as a tiger than 1000 years as a sheep!"