Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

Re: I've just cleaned this...
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 02:41:36 pm »
The Smurf might but that wouldn't be for work purposes, more self pleasure!

Risk
Assessment
Method
Statement

waterforce

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »
 ;D
Thank you

waterforce

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2016, 02:53:44 pm »
Risk assesment ...working alone at that height must be dangerous, I would not feel confident.
Would the "metheod statement" allow this ?

Matt.

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2016, 03:54:01 pm »
Of course the method statement allows it. I have just finished 3 roof jobs and done the majority of it on my own, just brought staff in as and wen I needed
Anything is permitted as long as it's done safely, and u put it in ur rams. If there was a problem the job would of been stopped.

The worst thing about doing big jobs like this is wen u r on the roof/cherrypicker or whatever access ur using, and suton goes wrong at the van, it can take a while to go sort a 2 second problem and then get back to were u was.

jobjetting

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »
Had a good read through this thread. Cheers for asnwering questions etc, helps the industry as a whole. The more of us out there pressure washing professionally the more work we will get (you'll be amazed at how many companys/people don't even see pressure washing/soft washing as an option. For example my local college had mold running down all of the render and was looking at getting it painted!

Ive done a couple of jobs for large companys and havn't been asked if i was LTD or not, suppose some might. They did want me to write method statements, health and safety and made sure i was insured and had the relevant qualifications/experience .

Ive also been caught out a few times waiting for payment. Ive had to pay cherry picker higher out of my own pocket becuase they've took forever to pay me, had instances like this couple times.

Smurf

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2016, 05:16:51 pm »
Of course the method statement allows it. I have just finished 3 roof jobs and done the majority of it on my own, just brought staff in as and wen I needed
Anything is permitted as long as it's done safely, and u put it in ur rams. If there was a problem the job would of been stopped.

The worst thing about doing big jobs like this is wen u r on the roof/cherrypicker or whatever access ur using, and suton goes wrong at the van, it can take a while to go sort a 2 second problem and then get back to were u was.

So what happens if you need urgent help for whatever reason. How is that covered when working alone in your RAMS Matt?

waterforce

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2016, 05:24:45 pm »
Apart from the safety side of things..it must be easier on a job of that size if there are two of you. What happens if you need a wee or go for dinner. If it was up here in somebody would steal all your gear,

Matt.

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2016, 05:35:11 pm »

So what happens if you need urgent help for whatever reason. How is that covered when working alone in your RAMS Matt?

What does urgent help consist of ??

Let's be honest an not daft, if u assess the job and see that there could be problems then u allow for them.

But this is ciu an no matter how u word it, u guna get pulled apart, rob only just came back an he's prob thinking wot for.

No hypo permitted on this site, so only things that can go wrong r as follows. ( all work had to go through h&s )
Machine runs out of petrol
A
Go the garage

Hose may burst
A
Replace hose by ringing Rutland pumps

Building falls down due to earthquake
A
If still alive have an early dart go to a&e get checked out

Ok so 1 things did go wrong on the job over the last 6 weeks, my unloader on jet wash worked it's way loose an I had a leak, posted pic on here and Ben and Chris pointed me in the right direction.
Disaster over

Smurf

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2016, 05:43:26 pm »
My point is it seems human nature to a lot of firms to cut corners to keep the costs down to remain competitive.

Matt.

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2016, 06:11:40 pm »
On some jobs ye defo but not wen u av h&s all over u everyday.

I think wen u taken jobs on like wot rob has just done, it's never a case of just put rams together an away ya go.

waterforce

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2016, 08:08:24 am »
Please take it easy on me...... I am new to this and  I hope that one day I am at the top of my game (as Rob obviously is) this is just my own personal thoughts.
I keep re-reading this...whilst I understand that Rob does this day in day out and he is very experianced in his field .
I can see no justification for doing something like this alone.
I also understand the LTD company part ...but If I owned the company (whose building it is) and I had just read the RAMS which stated 1 person working alone ,alarm bells would ring .
a) From a H&S point of view
 b) The duration/quality of the work to be carried out
c) The integrity of the company carrying out the work (to send a sole operative)

jobjetting

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2016, 11:09:49 am »
Please take it easy on me...... I am new to this and  I hope that one day I am at the top of my game (as Rob obviously is) this is just my own personal thoughts.
I keep re-reading this...whilst I understand that Rob does this day in day out and he is very experianced in his field .
I can see no justification for doing something like this alone.
I also understand the LTD company part ...but If I owned the company (whose building it is) and I had just read the RAMS which stated 1 person working alone ,alarm bells would ring .
a) From a H&S point of view
 b) The duration/quality of the work to be carried out
c) The integrity of the company carrying out the work (to send a sole operative)

i definitely think big company's are going to be a bit funny if your doing the job on your own but with pressure washing you need water pressure so if you got more then one jetwash you either need a  huge water tank to keep up with them or run straight from the mains, then you need someone who knows how to pressure wash (especially on cladding), so really max people you can have on the job is 4, 2 jetwash's two laborers. When i serviced lorrys we had to work in pairs. Every place is different though.

When ever i get a big job i always get some one to help me, i pay £100 a day and just price it into the job. But i could definitely do most of them on my own, its just mainly for when i'm up the cherry picker.

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2016, 11:45:38 am »

Just off to get my dinner

Smurf

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2016, 12:06:02 pm »
You look rather dapper Rob I must say.
 I'm sat in me string vest and stained underpants eating me bacon toasties  ;D

BDCS

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2016, 12:24:01 pm »
Bloody coffee machines ! I now have two posh things that are broke and I have just bought a £15 jobbie

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2016, 12:38:43 pm »
I forgot about this but I'll put it out there.

Someone phones you up.

We have a major supermarket roof that needs pressure washing, the store is open and there will be heavy footfall into the store. You will be working directly over the store entrance while all this is happening. There will be no hoarding or canopy erected. You will then go onto clean the rest of the roof, one side that is high street, there can be no pavement/road closures.

You will have to contend with pedestrians and traffic.

Oh the H & S nightmare - feasible. I'd like your thoughts?

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2016, 12:42:12 pm »
The coffee is excellent.

Carl - are you grinding your own beans or one of those pod things?

Ian101

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »
Ian

Did you see them?

seen Lees video ... im honoured to be in his secret group that I cant mention  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2016, 01:15:51 pm »
Rob ... interesting what you have to say about you would give all this up tomorrow if you could have your window cleaning rounds back ..... im just at the end stage of winding mine down and selling up to do more big building cleaning / pressure washing but defo don't want my window cleaning back  ;D

interesting way how u have yours structured with no employees.

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2016, 02:20:32 pm »
Ian

And people wondered why 'the secret group' came about!