yvette macdonald

Communal Clean
« on: April 14, 2011, 02:33:39 pm »
Hi everyone

I am new here so please be gentle.

I have been asked to quote on a communal cleaning job.

The job description is brief - 109 flats over 6 buildings.

Thats all it says. I am viewing on Saturday for a better idea. From what i can tell on the link they sent me the buildings are about 6 years old and are 3 story high.

I would imagine there is a window between floors.

I am in Aberdeen. How much aprox would you charge for cleaning the 6 of them weekly?

Many Thanks and look forward to more posts. :)  ;D

Yvette

suffolkclean

Re: Communal Clean
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 06:45:12 pm »
Hi Yvette
Not sure anyone could really give you a price without knowing lots of different factors which would have to be allowed for when pricing.
When you go on Saturday there will be a lot of things to look out for. You may find this hasn't been cleaned at all & could be in a bad way, therefore you should give them a price for the 1st clean which will obviously take a lot longer than maintaining them on a weekly basis.
Seems a really basis thing but check you have access to water & electricity. The water may be only available in a cleaners cupboard in one of the 6 buildings which means time going backwards & forwards getting fresh water. Also you need sockets on each floor for vacuum. Do you clean the front doors of the flats? Is there parking for you or the cleaner?
Work out how long you think each floor/building will take to clean x hourly rate you would like.
Barbara

yvette macdonald

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:00:29 pm »
Thanks Barbara,

Yes I have many questions for them. I did however not think of adding extra time for the initial clean.

I am hoping with meeting the person directly that it will be my charm as well as my quote that will land the client. :)

Many thanks for the reply.

Griffus

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:14 pm »
Do you know what has happened to the existing cleaners?

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 05:04:33 pm »
hi there

number of floors, number of stairwells, lifts etc, long landings or short,

all of these are questions that need to be answered before any costing can be given.

regards

martin