rg1

Re: Website help
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 08:47:57 pm »
Well you all know who I am now and what I do. I have no idea who any of you are.

If you saw one of my landys tomorrow you'd think hey there is that formb person.

If I saw one of your vans I'd think Oh there goes white van man

I don`t quite understand why you have gone for such a tacky website set up, when you must be loaded? ???

I mean you have all those landy`s & employees, & 3000 odd custys aswell? ???

He's from Scotland! :)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:16 pm »
He's a Jock is he?

That explains it.

rg1

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 08:56:29 pm »
Profile says Aberdeen but I don't think he's Scottish if you look at his posts.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 08:58:26 pm »
Well you know what they say, 'Walk like a duck, quack like a duck, $h1t like a duck'.

formb

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 11:32:03 am »
Profile says Aberdeen but I don't think he's Scottish if you look at his posts.

?

formb

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 11:35:33 am »
OK hows this....

I have designed a website for my company do any of you have advice on content etc this is my site

http://souterwindowcleaning.weebly.com/

Hi Mate,

It is pretty poor really!

You can`t see what your customers feedback is, as the pictures are tiny & can`t be enlarged in any way? ???

Are you a business or an army, judging by the other photo`s. ;D

Thanks for the feedback. I have changed the pics and feedback as suggested.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 04:27:58 pm »
I like it formb - it's got character and you look like a "solid" local company and that will reassure custies.

Just a personal thing - perhaps the pics of the guys with the hoodies would look better if their hoods were down? I think the landies make you stand out - good for you.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 05:19:50 pm »
he has obviously focused on the things that matter the most, getting customers. Your vans look great, and so does your setup. But to give you an honest opinion, the free urls never give a good impression in my mind, most people who would check your site are fluent enough to know it hasn't been professionally done.

I don't have a website, and I dont feel it is right for at the moment but have focused more on things like yell and google dirrectories with some success. I think the most effective form of advertising is vehicle signs, uniforms etc. Which I would focus on first if I was you.

Get the vans done in green with the oval logo, that looks good, something the says your a window cleaner on there with a number etc, also logo and number on the back of tshirts is a good idea.

formb

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2010, 12:16:57 pm »
he has obviously focused on the things that matter the most, getting customers. Your vans look great, and so does your setup. But to give you an honest opinion, the free urls never give a good impression in my mind, most people who would check your site are fluent enough to know it hasn't been professionally done.

I don't have a website, and I dont feel it is right for at the moment but have focused more on things like yell and google dirrectories with some success. I think the most effective form of advertising is vehicle signs, uniforms etc. Which I would focus on first if I was you.

Get the vans done in green with the oval logo, that looks good, something the says your a window cleaner on there with a number etc, also logo and number on the back of tshirts is a good idea.

Thanks for that. We are currently in the process of getting the ovals on the sides of the vehicles 2 down 3 to go.

As for the hoodies, I appreciate that it may not put out the perfect image but it's my third attempt at uniforms and the first one that I don't have to be jumping up and down every morning forcing guys to wear.

I am considering getting a pro photographer in to do the pics on the website but it wont be cheap. I have never really had much trouble growing the customer base so I'm not too keen on investing money in the website. I do however appreciate that having a professional looking website is important for any company who wants to look professional.

Thanks again for the feedback, I will continue to consider the best way forward.