suds window service

Re: did you work today ? ? ? ?
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 10:27:30 pm »
Monday and today written off temps low as-7 .
static tank frozen in my garage with 900l of water in it.
 decided this morning to cancel rest of the week,we will do two days next week then start the catch up properly from the 2ND.
                        merry Christmas Dave.

john green

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 12:24:27 pm »
Hi , It never ceases to amaze me how some of use leave our van which is only a tin box overnight in weather up to 7-8 below freezing and think we can work the next day !My work means I start 5 am for 4 days and if I miss  days due to weather I will not make up the time ,so this is what I do and in years have not lost work
1. Leave fan heater in van  on  a timer coming on for 15 mins every hour from 11 pm on
2. Use a old electric blanket over items you cannot remove from van,pumps,filters etc
3. Bring indoors hose  & poles
4. Use rock salt on high traffic areas if water freezing on floor
5. Use a hot water system to heat your water to keep you working even if freezing
Using these tips has helped me to continue despite weather conditions ,and one more,, buy some snow boarding gloves!

pingu

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 01:23:22 pm »
Today is the 8th day for me of no work...only worked Monday of last week...hoping to be able to get back to work come Monday...

Happy Christmas one and all.

Dave.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2009, 01:50:32 pm »
Ive been out for the first time this week, I am now finished for Christmas yippeeeee

Matt

p.s. just started on the vodka and redbull lol
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

C.C.S.

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2009, 02:31:24 pm »
i managed to work 7-13.30 today.haven't been out since last thursday,sorry out for 2 hours monday aswell.also managed to get £60 tips.feel a bit better now.merry xmas to all and happy new year

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2009, 04:09:27 pm »
Hi , It never ceases to amaze me how some of use leave our van which is only a tin box overnight in weather up to 7-8 below freezing and think we can work the next day !My work means I start 5 am for 4 days and if I miss  days due to weather I will not make up the time ,so this is what I do and in years have not lost work
1. Leave fan heater in van  on  a timer coming on for 15 mins every hour from 11 pm on
2. Use a old electric blanket over items you cannot remove from van,pumps,filters etc
3. Bring indoors hose  & poles
4. Use rock salt on high traffic areas if water freezing on floor
5. Use a hot water system to heat your water to keep you working even if freezing
Using these tips has helped me to continue despite weather conditions ,and one more,, buy some snow boarding gloves!

All good tips but surely the water will still freeze on the glass - even if it starts out hot?  Have you managed to overcome that?

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 04:10:54 pm »
I did about 8 till 3 today.  It got up to +5 at one point.  Got a few more tips as well.

suds window service

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 04:48:26 pm »
i have all equipment covered , but road conditions and other h/s issues as well as water freezing in the poles or at the brush head or on the windows....all made this week a none starter.
  sometimes it is not possible to work,so enjoy the rest.
                            all the best dave.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 05:12:29 pm »
Weather conditions up here have been horrendous, even with hot WFP it has been freezing on the windows, impossible to get ladders sited safely, this week has basically been a write off bar a few commercial low level jobs.

Merry Christmas to one and all and hopefully next week will be better.