Moderator David@stives

job vacancy
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:59:41 pm »
I have a job vacancy.

prefer someone  experienced, pay and conditions to be discussed

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: job vacancy
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:03:54 pm »
my post disappeared.....i hope you got a chance to read it dave.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:06:21 pm »
i did, rent around here starts about £850 a month for a terraced house.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:19:49 pm »
flippin heck......i could get a mortgage for a detached 6 bedroom house with at least an acre of land for that up here. :o

i checked rightmove and i spotted a nice country house just west of redruth for 500 quid....only 2 bedrooms in a converted barn though :-\

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:06 pm »
thats cheap scrimmy, i pay 600 for a 2 bedroom semi detached in st stephen,  i think you would love cornwall it like dr martin

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 06:31:11 pm »
i was down in st ives last may...went to port isaac and saw them filming doc martin.......we really do like cornwall....but rent is pricey....dont know what the wages are like down there (non window cleaning).....cant be that much higher than up here....the av wage is around 400 quid a week for a regular full time manual job.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:34:30 pm »
average wage in Cornwall is the lowest in the country, most people are on minimum wage.

It is also the highest house price to wage ratio, its something like 15 times annual wage

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 06:39:18 pm »
that just dont make any sense........how are folk expected to get on the property ladder with such low earnings? ???

i dont mind renting for a bit...but at these prices i would def have to buy somewhere.....500 quid is mortgage money in my book.

i sold my house not long ago and the mortgage was 215 quid a month.......mind you i bought it for 34k and sold it five years later for over double.....scotland is still way behind england in house price tables.......the average up here is now around 120k for a 3 bedroom......and around 70k for a flat in a tenement.

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 06:48:51 pm »
that just dont make any sense........how are folk expected to get on the property ladder with such low earnings? ???

i dont mind renting for a bit...but at these prices i would def have to buy somewhere.....500 quid is mortgage money in my book.

i sold my house not long ago and the mortgage was 215 quid a month.......mind you i bought it for 34k and sold it five years later for over double.....scotland is still way behind england in house price tables.......the average up here is now around 120k for a 3 bedroom......and around 70k for a flat in a tenement.

Youd be lucky to get a flat in the south for 120k

daz1977

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 07:15:50 pm »
scrimmy

the people in cornwall, who r cornish either buy on a local person scheme, where they are cheaper, or rent off ocean housing for people who arnt cornish u can buy a cheap house but the criteria for this is a joke, (one of the criteria is that you have had to had a job in the village for 5 years with another guaranted 5 years of employment) 

a lot of people buying homes down here are londoners, and the locals hate it  as they say they are taking homes from local people  (think league of gentlemen lol)

the wages are crap ur lucky if you earn more than 6 a hour,  the village i live in a lot of the cornish dont work as they get more on the dole and i dont blame them,  as my misses has just been finished up in a job and it works out we are better off not working, as they will pay my rent and council tax and this 180 a week, and give us 220 in dole a week

the are selling house price ranging 1 bed to 4 bed is about 80 grand to 150 grand other than that its a lovely place

cozy

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 10:40:35 pm »
Daz, sorry to be a pain, have I understood this correctly? If you don't work, the government pays your council tax and rent AND pays you 220 quid a week? Thats the same as you earning 400 quid and don't have to do anything?

I'm in Germany mate, that's why I'm asking. If that's the case, someone employing you would have to pay you at least a hundred more a week to tempt you to take the job.

Have I got this right?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 11:24:34 pm »
cornwall job centre plus here i come

daz1977

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:38 am »
yea me my miss and two kids would get 220 a week of the gov, and they wil pay our rent and council tax,  i didnt think it was right till i checked, it made up of 110 dole and 96 tax credits and child allowance, i only found out as my misses was finished up at work

when she was working we got 330 a week in tax credits plus our wages, her working 16 and me working 

of the 330  157 was for child care, the rest 173 was working tax credit and child tax credit

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 07:06:56 am »
i applied for child tax credits and should do ok out of them  for a year as my first year wasnt so good in wc

my mate with 4 kids and works gets £1000 a month nearly :0

doesnt motivate you to find more work does it, if he earned a little more, nowhere near that amnount, the credits wold stop and hed lose thousandds of pounds a year!

daz1977

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:24:30 am »
i know what u mean sean,  my misses did a load of over time in the summer and they took money off us, it is only that high because of child care  it roughly works out to be about 40 a working adult and 50 a kid each week,  i only went wc as when i moved to cornwall in march, i could only get a child minder for 3 days a week, so need a job that worked around it,  just glad for tax credit when the weathers crap.  the only problem you get with tax credits is that you cant get a discount on rent or council tax, as basically they pay you so you got enought money to pay it

council tax and rent are classed as priority bills, if your working 

daz1977

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 07:32:32 am »
labour has made it easier and better not to work than work, i got a mate whos in the pub every day from when it opens, as he is to ill to work, yet when he needs a loan just applies for one from the social fund and pays it back at 6 a week, gets his rent and c tax payed and gets 90 a week in incap benefit

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 07:50:50 am »
yea me my miss and two kids would get 220 a week of the gov, and they wil pay our rent and council tax,  i didnt think it was right till i checked, it made up of 110 dole and 96 tax credits and child allowance, i only found out as my misses was finished up at work

when she was working we got 330 a week in tax credits plus our wages, her working 16 and me working 

of the 330  157 was for child care, the rest 173 was working tax credit and child tax credit

This is one reason why I find it hard to beliueve the predictions that the Tories will sweep to power at the next election.  Gordon Brown has rigged it so that large parts of the country - even relatively well off workers - are benefitting from benefits by another name.  I would have thought that enough people are benefitting from working tax credits and/or child tax credits to keep the Tories out for a generation.  Surely no-one expects the Tories to keep this system or anything remotely like it.  They just have no empathy with the working/lower-middle class.

JSMC

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 08:29:24 am »
tories ar eutte ridiots. I remember growing up as a wee boy in thew 80's. thatcher killed scotland off and then the north of england. when that auld sleeper goes many  aparty will be had in mining villages and other places across the UK.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 10:28:49 am »
working tax credits are a life line to those who are self employed.....you dont need to have kids and as long as you work over 30 hours per week (no kids) you will probably get a payment from them, and remember they base your payment on your PROFIT after expenses not TURNOVER.

take a minute to see if you would get anything from them...(working tax credits are also tax free)

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 05:19:01 pm »
tax credits are a safety net, its not a matter if your better off its there for those who need help

daz1977

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 06:41:50 pm »
i know what you are saying dave about tax credits being a safety net, but the way that tax credits are set up, the less work you do the better off you are,  i am a prime example of the system,  the more work i do the more money they take off me, so might as well do the miminun and spend more time with my kids, and have the same money coming in

for me to go and get a proper full time job as they say so that i didnt have to relay on tax credits i would have to earn 660 a week, to cover my bills,  this is one of the reason why this country is a magnet for immigrants

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 07:27:46 pm »
daz

what about self respect and dignity knowing you are supporting yourself.

no one is ever worse off working harder.

I would rather work for my money than sit on my backside and let the rest of society provide for me.

sod that for a game of soldiers

BORBRYCE

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 07:34:13 pm »
Also their comes a time when all your kiddies are no longer your responsibility and you no longer qualify for handouts, then you are trully up crap kreek without a paddle unless you have had the foresight to build for the future. Without child tax credits your wages alone may not even cover the running of your vehicle should something major go wrong with it.

LWC

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 07:35:10 pm »
We've come to a stage where we get very little or no help now. We just rely on our wages alone.

What happens when the day comes when you dont get any help and you havent got a full time job?

Fun times ... NOT

daz1977

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 07:44:45 pm »
i know what u guys are saying, but before i came a wc, i had my own pumbing business and use to work 7 days a week, and basically make the same money now that i did then,  i will be honest i wil get good tax credis for about a other 18 months, till my youngest starts school (2 and 4 year old) and to be honest i would like to spend time with them as that was one of the reason that i moved to cornwall,  fair enought some people wont like it, but i know people who have never done a days work and get 97 a week sat on the back side

i got 18 months to build up a good business and am going to take the extra help and less stress y i can

p1w1

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 07:51:55 pm »
i know what u guys are saying, but before i came a wc, i had my own pumbing business and use to work 7 days a week, and basically make the same money now that i did then,  i will be honest i wil get good tax credis for about a other 18 months, till my youngest starts school (2 and 4 year old) and to be honest i would like to spend time with them as that was one of the reason that i moved to cornwall,  fair enought some people wont like it, but i know people who have never done a days work and get 97 a week sat on the back side

i got 18 months to build up a good business and am going to take the extra help and less stress y i can

Fair play to ya...

Paul

Sean Dyer

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 11:31:22 pm »
i would take them and use them

but not neglect work for it or depend on them where possible, im gonna bank mine and use it for my wife/daughter and anything ledft for work but they wont last long, when my next return goes in i will probably owe them money as my wage has sky rocketed in last 12 months and only realized about credits recently!

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 12:05:57 pm »
I wish I was the prime minister 'cause if I was I'd stop benefits for all but the most needy. On my estate, during the summer, I get home from work around 5/6pm to be greeted with young (20's) lads and lasses all sitting in their gardens, topping up their tans and enjoying a beer or five. They've yet to do a day's work and why should they when there's no incentive to do so.

The earlier poster was correct when he said that the more he worked the more this government take from him. Personally I'd only help those who are willing to get off their arses and help themselves; if you want to earn money and feed your kids work for it; end of story >:(

I'm sorry if that seems harsh but I hate spongers with a vengance and bigrudge them every penny they receive from my hard earned income tax. Only the most very needy would get benefits if I were in power, and they'd have to prove they were needy first to get it; and they'd be checked every so often to ensure that they were still needy.

Thank you, rant over :(
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 12:35:40 pm »
i dont think its wrong that some people get benefits when they are working , ie tax releif for families, and those who work long hours

why shouldnt you be entitled to less tax

its better than the people who dont declare there earnings,

if you dont work and can, and get paid for it i.e doleys - then that is immoral

but relief from tax or repayments - itd be stupid if you dont avail yourself, and in so doing you do nothing wrong!!

daz1977

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 12:37:29 pm »
i agree

but i work, my misses has just been finished up at a job and starts a new one next week, we are only getting what we are legally entitled to as well as every one else in the country who is working,

the problem with this country is that it pays not to work,  if you ready my previous post, i was just pointing out that if we decided to get dole as my misses was finished up, i would be entitled to 220 a week,  when compared to what i have to earn to live and what we get, we would be better off not working,  i was trying to point out to scrimmy what it was like in cornwall, as he said that the locals must not be able to afford houses down here as they are expensive and the wages crap, as when i moved down here 9 months ago, i was amazed at how many didnt work, and found out y they didnt, and to be honest i dont blame them, but i am looking long term, i want to build a busines that last and grows each year, not be some cowboy who works 5 days a week and signs on then, vanishes n the winter

but i am in a catch 22, if i work i have to pay child care  of which the gov will pay 70 % (every one in the country is entitled to this)  if you have kids, you get child tax credits and if you work as long as you earn less than 56 grand a year you should get working tax credits

the problem i see is that if you work and get tax credits, you seem to be classed as a dole scrounger who is letting the gov pay for you and all your kids,  

cozy

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 12:45:05 pm »
It's gone a bit off topic, sorry about that.They had all this over here untill some polititions had the bottle to stop it getting out of hand. It's a sort of "Means Testing" and if you are unemployed for over 12 months, they put you on the minimum step. This means your rent gets paid and gas etc, but you only get about 400 quid a month to live on.
 From what I can see on Brit TV, there doesn't seem to be anyone with the polititcal nerve to take the problem on.

Anyway, back to topic. Any one looking for a job at Dave's? ;D

daz1977

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 12:49:30 pm »
i think we would all love a job at daves,  u should see cornwall in the summer, greatest place in england,

is this job the same job that was advertised a few weeks ago, or becasue you broke your shoulder dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 01:10:16 pm »
same job ish,.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 05:54:40 pm »
bump

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 06:10:02 pm »
Is it that hard to get someone to work for you Dave? (I don't mean you personally just in general)
I thought there were loads of people out there looking for work! I mean they are all on job seekers allowance!
I may be looking for someone to work for me in new year and hope it isn't that difficult to find someone

ronnie paton

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:28 pm »
difficult to find some one .......not a chance.......but some one reliable and worth while...........very difficult

cozy

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 09:03:16 pm »
difficult to find some one .......not a chance.......but some one reliable and worth while...........very difficult

That's the truth of it.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 09:04:03 pm »
i only seem to find good staff

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 09:26:02 pm »
well that rules me out of the job then ::)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 01:10:01 am »
Where R you WHAT HOURS HOW MUCH
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 11:20:04 am »
bump

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 11:33:28 am »
ouch :o

that hurt, dave...ya big bully :'(

Jason Atwell

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 01:10:19 pm »
bump

Not another accident! ;D

Sorry couldnt resist!

Hope your healing well!
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 01:41:09 pm »
working tax credits are a life line to those who are self employed.....you dont need to have kids and as long as you work over 30 hours per week (no kids) you will probably get a payment from them, and remember they base your payment on your PROFIT after expenses not TURNOVER.

take a minute to see if you would get anything from them...(working tax credits are also tax free)

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

I've just had a look at the working tax credits bit.  I was surprised to find that for someone in my situation (single with no dependants) the cut off point was as high as £13,261 for the relevant accounting year.  That's profit rather than turnover of course.  It's still no good to me because I earn more than that but thanks for the link anyway.  Of course it does bring up the question of why I should be effectvely subsidising employers who pay less than this amount as gross pay - employers many of whom have far better lifestyles than I do.

daz1977

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 01:55:08 pm »
hi leaps

a cut of point of 13 grand is ok if ur single, but you get a lot of young couples with kids where only the man works and women is at home, this is where tax credits helps out   i think labour brought it in  to encourage people to have future tax payes, sorry i meant kids

Window Washers

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 02:08:00 pm »
bump
Dave maybe advertise local, just a thought ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2009, 02:28:30 pm »
ian

#someone from here was interested in the job, i am giving them the chance to see this before i make a final decision

daz1977

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2009, 03:08:56 pm »
is the job manily commercial, what would be the start and finish times, days pf work  as i am intrested in the job just trying to work out if it is worth applying for, rather than waste your time

if you want you can email me at daz1977@live.co.uk

cheers

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2009, 03:54:20 pm »
Hi Daz

the job is totally flexible with hours to suit, pay is dependent on experience etc

I will email you tomorrow