Moderator David@stives

job vacancy
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:59:41 pm »
I have a job vacancy.

prefer someone  experienced, pay and conditions to be discussed

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: job vacancy
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:03:54 pm »
my post disappeared.....i hope you got a chance to read it dave.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:06:21 pm »
i did, rent around here starts about £850 a month for a terraced house.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:19:49 pm »
flippin heck......i could get a mortgage for a detached 6 bedroom house with at least an acre of land for that up here. :o

i checked rightmove and i spotted a nice country house just west of redruth for 500 quid....only 2 bedrooms in a converted barn though :-\

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:06 pm »
thats cheap scrimmy, i pay 600 for a 2 bedroom semi detached in st stephen,  i think you would love cornwall it like dr martin

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 06:31:11 pm »
i was down in st ives last may...went to port isaac and saw them filming doc martin.......we really do like cornwall....but rent is pricey....dont know what the wages are like down there (non window cleaning).....cant be that much higher than up here....the av wage is around 400 quid a week for a regular full time manual job.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:34:30 pm »
average wage in Cornwall is the lowest in the country, most people are on minimum wage.

It is also the highest house price to wage ratio, its something like 15 times annual wage

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 06:39:18 pm »
that just dont make any sense........how are folk expected to get on the property ladder with such low earnings? ???

i dont mind renting for a bit...but at these prices i would def have to buy somewhere.....500 quid is mortgage money in my book.

i sold my house not long ago and the mortgage was 215 quid a month.......mind you i bought it for 34k and sold it five years later for over double.....scotland is still way behind england in house price tables.......the average up here is now around 120k for a 3 bedroom......and around 70k for a flat in a tenement.

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 06:48:51 pm »
that just dont make any sense........how are folk expected to get on the property ladder with such low earnings? ???

i dont mind renting for a bit...but at these prices i would def have to buy somewhere.....500 quid is mortgage money in my book.

i sold my house not long ago and the mortgage was 215 quid a month.......mind you i bought it for 34k and sold it five years later for over double.....scotland is still way behind england in house price tables.......the average up here is now around 120k for a 3 bedroom......and around 70k for a flat in a tenement.

Youd be lucky to get a flat in the south for 120k

daz1977

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 07:15:50 pm »
scrimmy

the people in cornwall, who r cornish either buy on a local person scheme, where they are cheaper, or rent off ocean housing for people who arnt cornish u can buy a cheap house but the criteria for this is a joke, (one of the criteria is that you have had to had a job in the village for 5 years with another guaranted 5 years of employment) 

a lot of people buying homes down here are londoners, and the locals hate it  as they say they are taking homes from local people  (think league of gentlemen lol)

the wages are crap ur lucky if you earn more than 6 a hour,  the village i live in a lot of the cornish dont work as they get more on the dole and i dont blame them,  as my misses has just been finished up in a job and it works out we are better off not working, as they will pay my rent and council tax and this 180 a week, and give us 220 in dole a week

the are selling house price ranging 1 bed to 4 bed is about 80 grand to 150 grand other than that its a lovely place

cozy

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 10:40:35 pm »
Daz, sorry to be a pain, have I understood this correctly? If you don't work, the government pays your council tax and rent AND pays you 220 quid a week? Thats the same as you earning 400 quid and don't have to do anything?

I'm in Germany mate, that's why I'm asking. If that's the case, someone employing you would have to pay you at least a hundred more a week to tempt you to take the job.

Have I got this right?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 11:24:34 pm »
cornwall job centre plus here i come

daz1977

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:38 am »
yea me my miss and two kids would get 220 a week of the gov, and they wil pay our rent and council tax,  i didnt think it was right till i checked, it made up of 110 dole and 96 tax credits and child allowance, i only found out as my misses was finished up at work

when she was working we got 330 a week in tax credits plus our wages, her working 16 and me working 

of the 330  157 was for child care, the rest 173 was working tax credit and child tax credit

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 07:06:56 am »
i applied for child tax credits and should do ok out of them  for a year as my first year wasnt so good in wc

my mate with 4 kids and works gets £1000 a month nearly :0

doesnt motivate you to find more work does it, if he earned a little more, nowhere near that amnount, the credits wold stop and hed lose thousandds of pounds a year!

daz1977

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:24:30 am »
i know what u mean sean,  my misses did a load of over time in the summer and they took money off us, it is only that high because of child care  it roughly works out to be about 40 a working adult and 50 a kid each week,  i only went wc as when i moved to cornwall in march, i could only get a child minder for 3 days a week, so need a job that worked around it,  just glad for tax credit when the weathers crap.  the only problem you get with tax credits is that you cant get a discount on rent or council tax, as basically they pay you so you got enought money to pay it

council tax and rent are classed as priority bills, if your working 

daz1977

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 07:32:32 am »
labour has made it easier and better not to work than work, i got a mate whos in the pub every day from when it opens, as he is to ill to work, yet when he needs a loan just applies for one from the social fund and pays it back at 6 a week, gets his rent and c tax payed and gets 90 a week in incap benefit

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 07:50:50 am »
yea me my miss and two kids would get 220 a week of the gov, and they wil pay our rent and council tax,  i didnt think it was right till i checked, it made up of 110 dole and 96 tax credits and child allowance, i only found out as my misses was finished up at work

when she was working we got 330 a week in tax credits plus our wages, her working 16 and me working 

of the 330  157 was for child care, the rest 173 was working tax credit and child tax credit

This is one reason why I find it hard to beliueve the predictions that the Tories will sweep to power at the next election.  Gordon Brown has rigged it so that large parts of the country - even relatively well off workers - are benefitting from benefits by another name.  I would have thought that enough people are benefitting from working tax credits and/or child tax credits to keep the Tories out for a generation.  Surely no-one expects the Tories to keep this system or anything remotely like it.  They just have no empathy with the working/lower-middle class.

JSMC

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 08:29:24 am »
tories ar eutte ridiots. I remember growing up as a wee boy in thew 80's. thatcher killed scotland off and then the north of england. when that auld sleeper goes many  aparty will be had in mining villages and other places across the UK.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 10:28:49 am »
working tax credits are a life line to those who are self employed.....you dont need to have kids and as long as you work over 30 hours per week (no kids) you will probably get a payment from them, and remember they base your payment on your PROFIT after expenses not TURNOVER.

take a minute to see if you would get anything from them...(working tax credits are also tax free)

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 05:19:01 pm »
tax credits are a safety net, its not a matter if your better off its there for those who need help