Sapphire Window Cleaning

Sales pitch at the door
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:14:50 pm »
What sales pitch does everyone use when knocking doors?
I ask this as I am going out tomorrow afternoon and evening knocking doors, I am not gaining enough work quick enough through my leaflet dropping.
I am looking at trying to gain 300 customers by Christmas, I am currently on 62 customers.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Murdie window cleaning

Re: Sales pitch at the door
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:32:54 pm »
My pitch is
"Hi there, I'm trying to expand my window cleaning business in this area, I was wondering if you would be interested in my services"

it was working fairly well untill today when I scored a duck. But good luck Matt. You have always got the fact of being an experianced cleaner with a few years experiance.

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:35:44 pm »
"can I interest you in a professional window cleaning service"

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:40:53 pm »
Thanks guys, this will only be my 3rd time out door knocking, in the past I have only ever gained 4 customers from it as I am a nervous wreck the moment they answer the door.

Matt

Richard 01903

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:51:38 pm »
 Hi Matt
Dont be nerves just remember the person that opens the door does not no what your meent to say !so you cant get it wrong and every time you get a no!! you are 1 nearer a yes .
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:54:02 pm »
I'm actualy starting to enjoy this door knocking lark, especially if I gain a customer early on. Yesterday door 1- no one in leaflet through the door, doors 2&3 customer gained, that just set me up nicely and ended up getting 6 in total.

What does wind me up though is even after having gained over 20 custies in this one particular part of town is when you knock a door and the person tells you "windy cleaner does ALL the houses round here" or "this is cleaner X's area" I normaly quip back with "they don't do them all as I've got a good few of them".

The other one is why do some folk feel the need to apologise for already having a cleaner, I've had do many say " Oh I'm realy sorry I've already got one, sorry son(son, I'm 40 in a couple months).  

daz1977

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:55:56 pm »
murdie window is a good one

it is all just a numbers game,  i have knocked streets and got none then knocked an other and got half of them, more nos you get the nearer you are to a yes

i take it the flyers didnt work out ?

TC1

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:00:24 pm »
Hi Matt,
was only wondering today how your leaflet dropping was going. The pitch i've been using is :

"Sorry to disturb you, I'm a local window cleaner and wondering if you wanted your windows cleaned regulary?"  

But I have recently dragged my Mrs out with me and she has been more succesful using this line:

"Hello sorry to disturb you, my, name is Kirsty and i'm from a local window cleaning company and was wondering if you needed your windows cleaning?

Not sure if its coz she's female thats shes more succesful or if its her slightly different line?

Anyway hope this helps you  and good luck for tomorrow, i'm off out "knocking" aswell so we'll have to have a tally up tomorrow night!

Tony

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 09:05:01 pm »
Anyway hope this helps you  and good luck for tomorrow, i'm off out "knocking" aswell so we'll have to have a tally up tomorrow night!

I'll join in, gives a little extra motivation to keep going. But honest answers only ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 09:14:10 pm »

I'll join in, gives a little extra motivation to keep going. But honest answers only ;D

Shall we say the tally is to take place at 9pm? lol

Matt

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 09:16:55 pm »
murdie window is a good one

it is all just a numbers game,  i have knocked streets and got none then knocked an other and got half of them, more nos you get the nearer you are to a yes

i take it the flyers didnt work out ?

The Flyers are working but just not fast enough. I use A6 flyers and this size has been proven to be the optimum size for customers to hold on to.
My next batch should go out a week on Monday. 10,000 leaflets.

Matt

TC1

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 09:20:47 pm »

I'll be finished by 4.30 as I won't  knock in the dark, but I'll happily wait until 9pm for your results! lol

Matt

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 09:24:23 pm »

Virtual pint for the winner ;D

I'll be finished by 4.30 as I won't  knock in the dark, but I'll happily wait until 9pm for your results! lol

Matt

simon smith50

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:25:21 pm »
hurray it's not only me , just had the honda syndrome in swindon another 500 going to be out of work .
so more competition in swindon .
i'm moving out .
13000 claiming out of work in wiltshire , 6000 of those in swindon alone .
according to the local radio yesterday . out on the knocker tommorrow also
bring it on . by the way to all good luck for tommorrow
simon
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

ccmids

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 09:30:52 pm »
I ask this as I am going out tomorrow afternoon and evening knocking doors, I am not gaining enough work quick enough through my leaflet dropping.
I am looking at trying to gain 300 customers by Christmas, I am currently on 62 customers.

Matt

matt my mate if you get 300 by crimbo i'll eat my hat , hope you do it though :)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 10:40:50 pm »

Matt

matt my mate if you get 300 by crimbo i'll eat my hat , hope you do it though :)

Thanks cc, i'll bring the salt and pepper lol  ;D ;D

Matt

cozy

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 06:50:05 am »
Hi Matt. You could always practice what you say at the door before you go out to knock. Just keep saying your intro over and over in your head. It will come out automaticaly when the custy opens the door then. Worked for me.

The harder you work, the luckier you get. ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 07:52:37 am »
Hi Matt. You could always practice what you say at the door before you go out to knock. Just keep saying your intro over and over in your head. It will come out automaticaly when the custy opens the door then. Worked for me.

A scene in the life of cozy canvassing...

Knock Knock

Lady of the house: (LotH) Hello?

Cozy: (Grinning madly) Joowantme?

LotH: Ai beg your pardon young man?

Cozy: Joowantme missus? I know you do! Eh? Eh?

LotH: How often do you come?

Cozy: How often joowant me to? As often as you like lady!

LotH: You can start right now! How much do you charge?

Cozy: 12 euro's a time missus.

LotH: OOH lovely! Would you like a cup of tea?

Cozy: Yes please.

So she gave him one.

And that dear readers is how it's done!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 08:14:57 am »

A scene in the life of cozy canvassing...

Knock Knock

Lady of the house: (LotH) Hello?

Cozy: (Grinning madly) Joowantme?

LotH: Ai beg your pardon young man?

Cozy: Joowantme missus? I know you do! Eh? Eh?

LotH: How often do you come?

Cozy: How often joowant me to? As often as you like lady!

LotH: You can start right now! How much do you charge?

Cozy: 12 euro's a time missus.

LotH: OOH lovely! Would you like a cup of tea?

Cozy: Yes please.

So she gave him one.

And that dear readers is how it's done!  ;D

;D ;D ;D

combat1

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 12:11:36 pm »
Hi Matt, You are probably out now and I hope its going well for you.
I was going to post a serious response but how can you after the last contribution, brilliant!
I always look at canvassing as a numbers game, which has been said, the more doors you knock the more customers you will find.
You are a professional, your posts prove that and there is no way you should be quaking on the doorstep.  You are offering them the opportunity to partake of your professional service. The worst that can happen is that they say ' no thanks', in that case thank them politely and move on to the next opportunity.
Every door is an opportunity.
I went out the other day, I have a little boy of 15 months and we share the looking after of him.
So out we went for one hour and did a whole estate, result a couple of possibilities. I knocked every door and if they were in just gave the wording as already on here ' Hi my name is Chris from Combat Cleaning, do you have a window cleaner at the moment? if not I just gave a short precis of my service. If they were out I left a leaflet.
Anyhow the next day I got a call from one of the leaflets: in and out on the first clean and then monthly after.
Thats £130 for my one hours work! initial clean and 11 others in the year.
Try to see every new customer as 12 or 6 times the price depending on monthly or bi monthly cleans.
You are motivated, we know that because you have set a goal, 300 by crimbo so as Nike says ' just do it'
It gets better with practice and as the results come in your income grows so just see each 'no thankyou as a step nearer to an acceptance, the next house could be another towards your goal.
I think you are in Hinckley, my  inlaws live in Stoney Stanton so ' up the knitters!'
All the best.