wezzy32

undercutting what would u do???
« on: September 10, 2009, 04:02:09 pm »
got to clean a ladys guttering etc and her window cleaner charges her 30 quid per clean every 4 weeks but iv looked at it and it shud only be 18 quid at the most. he as over priced quite a few in the street why i dont know but i was thinking off giving her a fare price what would u do??????????????
keep on smiling

jakeandmia

Re: undercutting what would u do???
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:06:21 pm »
cant really say there is such a thing as overpricing,the guy went in with a price that he was happy with and the customer accepted.You say you can do it for your price which is considerably lower,not a problem.If you go get the job youre a new custy better off and the customers better off,you may have an irate window cleaner to deal with but thats business.

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 04:06:44 pm »
got to clean a ladys guttering etc and her window cleaner charges her 30 quid per clean every 4 weeks but iv looked at it and it shud only be 18 quid at the most. he as over priced quite a few in the street why i dont know but i was thinking off giving her a fare price what would u do??????????????

No such thing as overpricing or underpricing, its what you charge.

Some people are more expensive than others.

Customers sometimes like paying over the odds as you may put it, because they feel they are getting a superior service than next door that pays a fiver..

Do what you like at the end of the day its the customers choice. regardless if your cheaper that guy may have been doing for years and is reliable and regular and has a good reputation - whereas you may be a new starter and currently not so.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:08:18 pm »
If she asked for a quote give her a fair one. that's not undercutting. that's market flow dynamics  ;D ;D ;D
if the price you give is what you would normally give, then that's fair enough.

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 04:11:54 pm »
you might think the guy is under charging but others would dis agree, why cut yourself short charging £12 less??

you run a business not a charity if someone is willing to pay £30 then you would be a fool to take less,

just think about it, if you was to underprice each customer on your round by £3, and you did 200 jobs each month then you are potentially losing six hundred pounds a month

no point in undercutting whatsoever

wezzy32

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 04:12:38 pm »
the house is only a 3 bed semi with con and he doesnt do the window above that.
keep on smiling

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 04:37:40 pm »

What experience do you have that the other cleaner does not have? How long have you been a Window Cleaner? Why do you feel you know what a fair price is and he does not?

amberini

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 04:40:19 pm »
all is fair in love & war... but my take on this is,   if the cleaner does a good job then leave it be,  if he does a poor job then take it off him as he deserves that at the very least?

during the course of business we all come across this subject wether it is done by us or too us! it's the ability to rise above temptation (unless they are crap) and let each professional window go about his job in any way he chooses & this way the same respect should be shown to us when vise versa. ???

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 04:42:43 pm »
If the customer has asked this window-cleaner for a price temptation has nothing to do with it.

Hes been asked for a price, it would be  inappropriate, unprofessional and rude not to give one.

What the custy decides to do once the second price has been given is irrelevant., whether the price is more, less or the same as the original price. Its their call.

Craig - CW Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »
If your happy with that price and the potential new custie is then its money in your pocket.

wezzy32

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 05:30:45 pm »
iv been working on my mates round the last 3 yrs and hav now decided to start up on my own in my area.so as for pricing i think i know wat a fare price is.
keep on smiling

wezzy32

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 05:34:44 pm »

What experience do you have that the other cleaner does not have? How long have you been a Window Cleaner? Why do you feel you know what a fair price is and he does not?

iv worked with my m8 the last 3yrs and now im starting on my own in my area.
keep on smiling

Rob_B

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 05:44:55 pm »
I usually like to charge more than the last window cleaners.

(i) No accusations of undercutting
(ii) I earn more
(iii) Makes me feel better

If I had a job and found out another window cleaner used to get more than me for the same work it would really pee me off.

jonnyald

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 05:53:54 pm »
never undercut .        otherwise sure as hell one day your tyres will be slashed .

JSMC

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 05:57:46 pm »
30 quid for a 3 bed semi with con. Jeezo charge that round her ean dyou wouldn't last long. I get 9 quid for a 3 bed detached and that was pushing it. fair play to ye for getting those prices but in scotland wher ei live you have no chance. I quoted a hpouse on one of the poshest streets in my town for 20 quid. house was huge and i reckon my 100m hose wouldn't go right round it at all and she said last guy only charged 9 quid. I said no chance will i be cleaning it for 9 quid and left

simon knight

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 06:09:21 pm »

I think undercutting is plain daft and lowers the earnings potential for all window cleaners. If the other guy is charging £30 and the customer is happy to pay then bloody good luck to them. They're both happy!

You might do better to examine your own pricing structure.

EZclean

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 06:10:20 pm »

if your gonna undercut why would you do it for 18 when you know she pays 30.
does the other guy do a mint job. does he spend time doing the frames, wiping the sills down, is it leaded? etc. would you do the same quality job for £18
you'd be mad to undercut by so much, but then again i never undercut anybody (knowingly)
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

C.C.S.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 06:12:34 pm »
my opinion do the gutter clean and don't bother with the windows.if the customer is happy with the clean then leave it.i never take a job if the customers is happy with the quality with their curent  window cleaner .i don't ant bad eyes from anyone.there is enough work available

R W C

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 06:13:23 pm »
sounds like hes snowed under with work which is why he couldnt do the gutters, why not contact him and ask him to pass on extras to you, its good to make friends in this trade  ;)

wezzy32

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 06:36:19 pm »
im going to just do gutters and leave the windows.then hope to get  his number as i could perhaps get sum more off him as this is my 3rd job in this area.i think it would be best to make friends.
keep on smiling