HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

benefit cheats
« on: August 17, 2009, 11:02:21 am »
was watching a programme this morning about benefit cheats on the beeb.......2 window cleaners were featured, scamming it...50k worth of fraud.......gives the other honest guys a bad name....... >:(

niceandclean

Re: benefit cheats
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:10:57 am »
What was the name of it? Will see if i can watch it on iplayer.

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:45:49 am »
saints and scroungers

the problem with programs like that is people think we are all the same and are on 50 grand a year, i use to be a plumber and people always thought that you was ripping them off so that you could earn you 100 grand a year as all the papers keep saying that we earnt,

Richard Holt

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 01:00:10 pm »
I know a guy who got caught out like that.
He was claiming full benefits and was secretly filmed whilst working, the program was aired across the region.
I think he got three months inside for it?

Helen

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:15:11 pm »
was watching a programme this morning about benefit cheats on the beeb.......2 window cleaners were featured, scamming it...50k worth of fraud.......gives the other honest guys a bad name....... >:(
It may do, but on the other side it does show that some do get caught aswell :)

John Walker

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 02:23:45 pm »
Interesting program and really wound me up. 

I believe the £50,000 was the amount they had fraudently claimed in various benefits including invalidity.  There was the guy going up ladders like a monkey on speed.

Still - he did end up in jail and has to repay all the money claimed - assuming they make it stick!
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 05:34:59 pm »
that is indeed the one.....the window cleaners come on at 20 mins onward. ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 06:12:27 pm »
Fantastic!

"Anything but squeaky clean" so at least it's not our very own Roger! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

eclipse

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 06:44:13 pm »
dont know about anybody else here but if i catch wind of any scammers in my area i will grass them up to the benefits office too    >:(   people like this really get my goat

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 08:11:46 pm »
dont know about anybody else here but if i catch wind of any scammers in my area i will grass them up to the benefits office too    >:(   people like this really get my goat

Shhhhhhhhhhh eclipse......people will think ya doin a bit of farming on the side  ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 08:22:19 pm »

is this yours then  ;D

tony talbot

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 08:51:10 pm »
arrr poor thing, hurt his leg needs help walking, what a kind man for helping :)

eclipse

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 09:16:07 pm »
some nice looking goats there....  :P :P

tony talbot

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 09:18:12 pm »
some nice looking goats there....  :P :P
does that mean we is gonna get goat flu now ;D ;D ;D

eclipse

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 09:24:30 pm »
 ;D ;D

mark dew

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 01:09:47 am »
I don't see the point of grassing anyone up. It's not as if the cash saved means life gets cheaper for us.
Better going to some skanky street scrote than to some skanky politician to spunk. At least the street scrote might spend it on something that could end up in our pockets eventually.
If there is a benefit to grassing i might be up for it. But there hasn't been. Isn't. And won't ever be!!

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 08:02:59 am »
I suppose, thinking about it, that if you grass someone up they have their benefits stopped.

Then they go to court and are ordered to pay back everything theyve decieved from the state, this in turn means they have to work harder, thus taking more and more of your potential customers in an attempt to try to build a round big enough to be able to subsidise their court fines and fees.

I think we should encourage them  :D

eclipse

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 08:46:55 am »
its stealing whatever you think of it
why the hell should i work hard to pay my taxes and insurancses etc for some scrote to come along undercut me and POCKET every penny

Its wrong full stop

pingu

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:32 pm »
Is'nt it all the way...those who pay their taxes are chased the most...and more effort is expaneded when they are a little late, yet any scumbag that wants to claim and then work without paying taxes...seems to do so without much chance of being caught.

And from personal experiance I have found that people with jobs that allow an additional work stream seem to be ble to get away with non payments of taxes.

Whilst I do hate paying the amount of tax I do...33% income tax, 19% VAT...and all the other taxes etc, etc...I hate even more those who steal from those of us who do the right thing.

Cheers
Dave.

ps I would loose no sleep whatsoever turning in anyone for suspected non payments of taxes.