pingu

Re: Windows cleaned from £2!
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 08:21:09 am »
Trust does seem to be a trust thing with customers and why not..

My flyers contain Landline/mobile, email, VAT number, equivilent of Companies house number..my bank account number.

Very rarely is the mobile number used ...mostly the landline.

As for this guy and his flyers...let sleeping dogs lie beause if he were to work for those prices it will prove very hard to survive....if your paying yor dues.

Cheers
Dave.

easy

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 08:36:38 am »
He done a good idea putting prices ''from'' on his flyer.He will get the calls and name his real price on the job,clever!!

I'll do this myself when new customers phone me for a price...

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 09:09:21 am »
No address.
Only a mobile number.
That will put off at least 80% of potential customers.

I only have a mobile number on my leaflets no address either and have built my business up on that, I have thought of getting a second line at home for business but it would mean extra cost at least with just putting mobile number down the customer has direct call to me,

I wonder how many more calls I would get if I put down a landline number?

How many of you on here get calls on landline and how many on mobile?

If you were to put a landline number and an address, I reckon you would get a much higher response rate.
I've changed my leaflets recently.  As well as my (3.5ppm) 0845 number and mobile number, I also have my geographical landline number.

drive surgeon

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 09:23:54 am »
some gypsies are doing them for less by us. and 5 quid for a four bed gutter clean  :o

ftp

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 11:00:59 am »
Blimey, that's a bit cheaper than you with your gutter vac I bet.

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 12:08:56 pm »
Why would you not put all contact information on your leaflets or any business correspondance?
It shows a sign of running a legal business if you do...cowboys or dole cheats use the mobile number trick....proper businesses provide proper details.

I'll run a legal business with my mobile is the main number...BTW I'm not a dole cheat/cowboy....
Get real and dont speak rubbish....

Been doing window cleaning a long time with my mobile,easy as you can be in touch with your customers or new at once.....If you need the landline,divert calls to your mobiles when you out working...

Of course by disclosing all your contact details  the potential customer portrays you as a real and legitimate business....obviously i am not pointing the finger at anyone on here...so no need to get to defensive ::)
If you were in need of a service would you rather use the services from someone who discloses their full contact details or someone who just pitches their mobile.....well i know what i would do,but hey each to their own i suppose. 

paul beckett

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 01:20:07 pm »
whenever someone rings me and wants to know the price over the phone, i always say the price normally starts from  £7 and it always gets them interested then you see them and your half way there, i think hes being quite clever, but it could quite easily waste alot of his time a also bite him on the ass at some point. so i say just let him fight his own path, if he does well all for him.

regard
paul

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 01:31:40 pm »
The guys going in cheap to get the work are often doing us a favour in the long run. Some will stick with it and in time will offer a professional service at a sensible price,.. the others will move on to the next adventure. Either way, they'll be getting new customers who would never have considered using a window cleaner before, and will probably find the service invaluable in the long run. These new startups are expanding the market for us,... making sure window cleaning remains a thriving industry for many years to come.

As for the contact details,.. my opinion is that we work in an industry frequented by cowboys/gypsies and dole scroungers. If putting your full details on all your advertising helps you to stand head and shoulders above these, then why wouldn't you want to do it?

davids3511

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 08:10:54 pm »
Why would you not put all contact information on your leaflets or any business correspondance?
It shows a sign of running a legal business if you do...cowboys or dole cheats use the mobile number trick....proper businesses provide proper details.

One reason is the cowboy window cleaners. I was told two weeks ago I would be 'shot in the back of the head'. Now I know that is bullpoop but I was still better off not having my address on the leaflet as I could rest easy my windows were not going to be broken one night or my van trashed.

You don't need an address or landline,  I have built nearly 5k's worth of repeat business with a leaflet that has only a mobile number.