paul beckett

wfp cant be that bad can it ?
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:19:31 pm »
what i have noticed alot of lately window cleaner has stopped with custy they ring me to the windows. when doing these windows i notice the top frame of the window they are really dirty like they have never been done. and they always seemed to have had i pole system wfp, i notice it because im traditional .   is this just users fault or is normal for wfp ?  im noticing it more and more.

regards paul

GWCS

Re: wfp cant be that bad can it ?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 10:47:15 pm »
the wfp user should be doing the top frames, or they are just bad or lazy operators.

stephen s

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 11:06:38 pm »
I cant make out what your saying ??????????   your talking in riddles

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 11:10:17 pm »
I do top frames with WFP i think it lots awful when leaving this part of the window.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 12:09:31 am »
WFP is quicker than than trad so if a wfp WC doesn't  clean all of the frame then they are taking the p1ss IMO, I often clean more than what's expected  I,E plastic above or anything that may drip down or even spoil the appearance of the job, oh and gutters on conservatories   ;D.
Some just see WFP as a way of making quick money and do the minimum that is required, but some are more concerned with providing a good service. but its the same with trad, there's good and bad at both.          
Sussex by the sea

andyjm1

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:27:01 am »
Some wfp users may not clean the top of the frame but a lot of trad. cleaners don't clean any of the frame.

cybersye

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:16:10 am »
the only reason i can see for not cleaning the top frame is if it has vents in it, but even so with the right method and practice they should'nt present a problem with water fed pole.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 09:31:52 am »
I stopped cleaning the top of the frames as I was getting runs of dirty water after i had finished and left. This was after advice from the more experienced users on this site.

Not down to being lazy or sloppy  ???

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 10:47:35 am »
Some wfp users may not clean the top of the frame but a lot of trad. cleaners don't clean any of the frame.

Too true mate. I might, just might give the sill a quick wipe if I'm in a good mood. But the frames?...Nope!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 11:01:04 am »
what i have noticed alot of lately window cleaner has stopped with custy they ring me to the windows. when doing these windows i notice the top frame of the window they are really dirty like they have never been done. and they always seemed to have had i pole system wfp, i notice it because im traditional .   is this just users fault or is normal for wfp ?  im noticing it more and more.

regards paul
Maybe they ave moved on to better work, I have never needed to clean the frames unless they pay me extra, for the last 12 years.(Same loyal customers) I am here to make money, its a business and do not intend to give my skills and know how away for nothing.
Good luck to you, go waterfed and save your life.

paul beckett

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 12:00:19 pm »

i know what you are saying. you are right trad dont always do frames, i deffinately do the frames, if the frames are dirty, the window looks dirty, i always pride myself on doing a good job for recommendations

paul

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 12:00:39 pm »
Then you're only doing half a job. Frames, sills, glass, they're all part of the window and all need cleaning. When they're not all cleaned it just looks crap; and you don't notice the nice, clean glass, just the filthy sill or frame. :-[

And if you charge extra you're a crook as it's really only on the first visit  that you have to actually clean the whites, the rest of the time they only require a quick wipe over with the brush.

I guess that why, after twenty years, I'm still very busy with existing and new work; quality speaks for itself ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 12:01:38 pm »
Oops, that was aimed at Mr Brimble  ;)

ronnie paton

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:41 pm »
i dont clean top of the frame regular, it has always caused to many problems with or without vents.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 12:15:50 pm »
Practice, practice, practice  ::)

A decent window cleaner can do it properly  ;)

Robin Ray

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:26 pm »
On many jobs wfp the frames regulary is impossible as it will leave a runs some wooden windows etc. However on 90% of windows there is no problem as long as you get it right the first time. This will take longer the first time however it will be much quicker in the long run. Why?

1/ A large proportion of of dirt on the window comes from from the frame and sill between cleans therfore the window wont be so dirty next time.

2/ As the frame is now clean you dont have to be accurate with your cleaning and rinsing. Which can be time consuming particualy at difficult on different shaped windows and at hard angles.

3/ As you know the frame is clean you do not need to spend as much time or even any looking and worrying if you have touched the top edge, and there may be some spots or a run.

Dont get me wrong there are times when the frame just cant be cleaned but as maintaining a frame regulary take about two seconds each time why not do it. Its quicker and looks 100% better, after all thats the whole purpouse apart from money.

Rob

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 03:02:16 pm »
well seems i do a descent enough job considering iv run my business for less than 4 years and were are going from strengh to strengh.

with work coming out of ears.........so please dont worry your self.

seandyer2003

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 03:14:22 pm »
How'd the assessment go Ronnie??

Had mine earlier :)

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 03:52:45 pm »
I find the way to do the top bar of a frame is to have a wet brush but with the water flow turned off and sweep the brush backwards and forwards across the top bar, cleaning it but with this method not too much water gets on the frame to run down behind the opener (which can run down teh glass below once the place is finished)

macmac

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 05:29:27 pm »
well seems i do a descent enough job considering iv run my business for less than 4 years and were are going from strengh to strengh.

with work coming out of ears.........so please dont worry your self.

Ditto, Never clean a top frame & hardley any part of the frame either (unless it really sticks out like a sore thumb!)
Guess what?  I've more work than I can handle & it still keeps pouring in! ;D

You've either got it or you ain't, Eh Ronnie ;)