wightsurf

Just orderd
« on: October 14, 2008, 02:19:48 pm »
I have just orderd a Emporium ultra-lite  46ft in reach pole.Due to not being able to get another type in time !
So i gave them a call and they where very helpfull .
The pole wieghts 1.5kgs @ £555.00 including vat and p&p ,which i thought was very good price.You can also buy add on sections to get extra lenght,if need.

Jeff Brimble

Re: Just orderd
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 02:31:23 pm »
Have you uised any modular before ? Its a lot of £££
iIhave an Ultralight and still use the original F16  fishing pole - 3 years on.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:51:14 pm »
I have just orderd a Emporium ultra-lite  46ft in reach pole.Due to not being able to get another type in time !
The pole wieghts 1.5kgs @ £555.00 including vat and p&p ,which i thought was very good price.You can also buy add on sections to get extra lenght,if need.

what was the other type?

stevieg

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:04:41 pm »
i guess he means gardiners.  Before you use the pole for the first time put some electrical tape on each section to stop the poles compacting too much when in use!!!!!By this i mean put each pole together just enough for the joint to be rigid enough but not too far ,at this point ,on the male part put a few layers of tape to stop the female part from going too far as i have already mentioned.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:53:56 pm »

Personally, if the SL2 was out of stock and I needed one now,.. I'd buy an F16. Half the price, just as light, and judging by the reports so far, just as strong (Though still not very) as the emporium pole.

:(

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:58:37 pm »
ive got a SL2, but I think after holding jeffs map f16, if i ever needed a second modular i would buy the f16!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

s.w.c

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 05:07:48 pm »
i use a shimano powerloop it just over two years old and got lots of life still in it picked it up secondhand for 60 quid best buy ever but you really need to know your poles and there ratings some have thicker an better thickness of walls of carbon, jeffs f16 was a good buy, there is lots in sales.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 05:37:37 pm »

lol and i`ll say no more,wait till Ian Botham walks past your house and give him the money. ;D ;D

cybersye

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 05:57:14 pm »
i guess he means gardiners.  Before you use the pole for the first time put some electrical tape on each section to stop the poles compacting too much when in use!!!!!By this i mean put each pole together just enough for the joint to be rigid enough but not too far ,at this point ,on the male part put a few layers of tape to stop the female part from going too far as i have already mentioned.
this is very good advice wightsurf, definately do it, wish I had to begin with.
Also, be very careful lifting it from horizontal, I would'nt suggest doing this with any more than 3 sections if you can help it, build it up against a wall whenever possible. I should know mines broken on section 5 twice. Not trying to put you off, its a super lightweight pole but in my experience damages and gets chipped far too easily, look after it right from the beginning and maybe it will last longer than mine did.
Simon

NWH

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 06:02:12 pm »
Even if you had spent half of the money you posted above it would still be a massive amount for that pole,i snapped 3 sections just getting it upright and lowering it,it`s simply not strong enough for WC mine didn`t last 5 mins and i had to get extra sections.I have an SL2 and it is a totally different product in every way thinkable.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 06:11:56 pm »
Alex said it was still available (SL2), but wasn;t advertised on the web page until "stocks" are in, which can be sold en mass.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 06:20:36 pm »
Alex said it was still available (SL2), but wasn;t advertised on the web page until "stocks" are in, which can be sold en mass.

I have updated the Website this afternoon (14th October) and the Super-Lite can once again be ordered.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 06:22:36 pm »
See, you should always phone them if its what you really need, websites tend to be outdated :D

* Chris Galloway still waiting for the SL-X :P

clean

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 06:36:51 pm »
I bet he`s gone off to be sick  :-X

wightsurf

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 07:03:24 pm »
Hi all thanks for the reply,,,no not sick and yes i did phone the other supplier..The pole is not ready from the other supplier and i have a very large job to do and needs a pole to do it.
The pole i'm getting has a roller on the back of the brush so that it can roll up the side of the building,and also did think about the fishing pole but did'nt go with that option!
Whilst looking at the DIY site i think i read jeffs review on this pole and am i right in thinking that this pole has had a slight change from the earlyer ones,
Have a look at there site see what you think!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 07:54:53 pm »
The top 5 sections have been completely re-worked to the 88ft standard.
NWH had a pre production pole.

prestigeclean

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 08:05:06 pm »
mine is still going strong and it is an early one , ive seen the reworked pole and its much better , so don,t worry it will serve you well regards alan

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 08:06:47 pm »
The SL2 is good for lifting 6 assembled sections straight from the ground, straight onto the glass without the need to assemble it from a lower height using the walls/windows section by section. It's a good pole for high work except on days when it's windy (the erratic gusty type of days that are unpredictable).

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 08:09:08 pm »
Hi all thanks for the reply,,,no not sick and yes i did phone the other supplier..The pole is not ready from the other supplier and i have a very large job to do and needs a pole to do it.
The pole i'm getting has a roller on the back of the brush so that it can roll up the side of the building,and also did think about the fishing pole but did'nt go with that option!
Whilst looking at the DIY site i think i read jeffs review on this pole and am i right in thinking that this pole has had a slight change from the earlyer ones,
Have a look at there site see what you think!

Can you buy the rollers to fit on the brush separately and if so where from please? Similar to the the roller used on the Bentley brush.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 08:12:11 pm »
i use a shimano powerloop it just over two years old and got lots of life still in it picked it up secondhand for 60 quid best buy ever but you really need to know your poles and there ratings some have thicker an better thickness of walls of carbon, jeffs f16 was a good buy, there is lots in sales.

Its nearly 4 years since I went round shopping for fishing poles and yes some have thicker wall sections, after many months I picked the f16 because you could get extension sections as you can now with other makes like the Garbollino. Its (f16) a good compromise between strength and lightness for only £250 and I had it to 80ft . There may by now be better poles out there like the Maver, Daiwa, Browning. Some of the earlier models were thicker and ideal for use up to 40ft.
They all cross match somehwere along the length and for instance the Garbollino extensions fit into one model of the Shimmano.
Used gently and they last, I still use my f16 after 3 1/2 years over the emporium because the joints are smooth running .
through your hands.
Tape the joints to stop ccompression and strengthen the poles. ps I have made another discovery about c/f pole wear but more on that later.
ps they will still go up in price as the air industry is making blooming wings out of c/f.