Re: New website,.. constructive criticism please!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 07:24:35 pm »
nice looking site nathanel, the van looks fine as it is ;)

when you get these templates how are they supplied? how do you customize it for what you want??
via email or download, or some will send a disk, you open up a prgram to change them Steve

Steve CM

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 09:39:07 pm »
i wouldn't know Ian as i build mine from scratch. i didn't know if you used a guided programe on a site, or what hence why i asked ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 05:20:16 pm »
i wouldn't know Ian as i build mine from scratch. i didn't know if you used a guided programe on a site, or what hence why i asked ;)

I get the templates from www.templatemonster.com
They are delivered via download, and you can use most web authoring software to modify them. To modify the animated bits you need macromedia flash,.. and personally I don't think anything beats dreamweaver for building the rest of the site.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 10:16:44 pm »
Since your comments were so positive last time, here's another one for you guys to critique!

www.dorset-window-cleaning.co.uk/

This one looks simpler, but it actually took twice as long to complete!

And while I'm at it,... here's the next one,... only started working on it today, not even hosted properly yet:

www.avondhucleaning.com/bluez/

seandyer2003

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 10:31:18 pm »
Since your comments were so positive last time, here's another one for you guys to critique!

www.dorset-window-cleaning.co.uk/

This one looks simpler, but it actually took twice as long to complete!

And while I'm at it,... here's the next one,... only started working on it today, not even hosted properly yet:

www.avondhucleaning.com/bluez/

where do you find the tabs nathanael, i am really unhappy with my site its a bit boring, i want it to be a bit more dynamix and sort of contemporary like yours are there, what do you reckon is best to do ??

Thanks

sean

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 10:40:54 pm »
I get templates from www.templatemonster.com and find I get a much better looking site in much less time that way. If you have the time you can build from scratch,... but it's a much bigger job.

If you already have a website and just want to freshen it up then its an easy job really!
Don't forget the search engine optimisation though,... no point having a really pro looking site if no one can find it!!

*cleanking

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54:53 pm »
Nat your sites are well good man  ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 07:40:15 am »
I get templates from www.templatemonster.com and find I get a much better looking site in much less time that way. If you have the time you can build from scratch,... but it's a much bigger job.

If you already have a website and just want to freshen it up then its an easy job really!
Don't forget the search engine optimisation though,... no point having a really pro looking site if no one can find it!!

im always 1st page yahoo, was top of google last week for a few days then disappeared off it into obscurity again later :( drives me mad!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 08:42:20 am »

im always 1st page yahoo, was top of google last week for a few days then disappeared off it into obscurity again later :( drives me mad!!

Your keywords and description meta tags could use beefing up, which would prob improve your ranking a lot.
List all the places/area's you work in in your tags, and on every page of your website too.
Also, Page titles containing keywords boost rankings. eg. "Dolphin window cleaners" will do ok if someone searches for you specifically,.. but if someone is searching for a window cleaner in your area then a page title like "Dolphin Window Cleaners | Covering area1, area2, area3, area4, area5" will help you catch much more traffic.

You have to think what the general public will type into google,.. most will type the area they live and "window cleaner",...

:)