Kevin R

Re: hot water wfp systems
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2008, 11:06:14 pm »
The thing I find amusing is that the people who have hot love it and those that dont have it shun it.

Just like when wfp started  ;)

I have the Varitech System - It cost £5-6 to run a day. The temp at the brush head is 52 degrees. In the box its 80 degrees but you lose that heat via your hoses etc. This is on Max setting.

I have only had the hot system a few months but its advantages are clear once you use it, it makes the job easier and quicker. The hoses are a pleasure to use and are kink free, and its cleaning power is much better than cold especially on spiders / fly poo, cobwebs, sap, road traffic film etc. Every few days I used to turn mine off and try cold to see if I was imagining things but the difference is clear,  and I keep it on all day for every job. I do more work a day too.

I am on DI only so to see the difference I filled my tank with hot water straight from the tap and thats what convinced me. If you can try it for your self  ;D

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 03:17:53 pm »
Good post kev, be carefull with the temp diff early morns as it gets colder, this is how glass is cracked.(temp difference, not hot per se ;)

wightsurf

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 07:21:25 pm »
Nathanael
Where did you get your lpg water heater from? Also for the time being could i get away with heating the water up as filling the tank and hoping it stays warm through out the day . Its just winter mornings thats the worst and it would make life alot easyer with that bit of wormth? I could insulate the tank if needed.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:22 pm »
I got my heater off ebay,....  :)

Defo  worth trying it out by filling with hot water in the morning. It costs nothing, and you get to have a trial run. If you like it, then go out and buy a heater!

Dave Turley

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 03:16:14 pm »
on topic, I love my diy hot water system (nathaneal stylee) and will never go back to cold. it's just beter and costs less than £1.50 a day extra

Your DIY hot water system, how warm/hot does it actually get?

having cracked 2 windows at approx 45 degrees, I now run it at 37

alanwilson

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2008, 09:20:56 pm »
I'm quite interested in hot wfp- anything that makes the job easier and quicker has got to be a good thing in my book.

Nathanael - what about the exhaust?  Is it through the roof of the van or have you extracted it some other way?
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

LWC

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2008, 09:45:04 pm »
Its all on ACS forums

what forums sorry mate?

alanwilson

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2008, 09:51:11 pm »
avondhu cleaning services
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 10:26:04 pm »
The exhaust goes out through the roof, and a 2nd vent is needed to leave fresh air back in.

Its all on ACS forums

what forums sorry mate?

It'd be bad manners to post a link to another forum here,... e-mail me or check my profile if you want the link.