Wayne Thomas

Re: hot water wfp systems
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:08 pm »
Buying a hot wfp system is a waste of money. Don't buy one ;D

Roger Slater

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:48 pm »

We all know Hot water is better at cleaning than cold water will ever be.

And yes, it will keep your hands warm in the winter, and also your van :P

Hot water ionics systems dont make me laugh you really dont need them, i presume because you use one you have to justify to your good lady why you wasted thousands for no reason ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cold water works just as well on glass as hot water does. Ive had no complaints from any custys so why would i want to spend my hard earned cash on silly hot water systems.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 10:41:54 pm »
Seriously,.. try hot,.. just for a week,..... (If you're DI only, just fill your tank in the morning from the hot tap in the kitchen).

You will never go back.

It cleans better, quicker, easier, more consistently, stubborn marks just melt away,...

But,... I'd probably be better telling you not to buy one. I've found something special and I want to be the only guy (in my area at least) who uses it!

;D ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 10:44:59 pm »

Hot water ionics systems dont make me laugh you really dont need them, i presume because you use one you have to justify to your good lady why you wasted thousands for no reason ;D ;D ;D ;D

I only spent £250 ish,... no need to justify anything,..

Cold water works just as well on glass as hot water does.

LMAO,.. you couldn't be more wrong.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 10:48:05 pm »
You forgot to mention hot water turns a stiff microbore hose into a soft and kink free, hassle free hose to reel in everytime ;D The thermal minibore hose works a treat at keeping the water hotter as less heat is wasted through the insulated hose. Only problem with it is when it's new it's sticky as hell until it's been used several times.

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 10:51:35 pm »

Cold water works just as well on glass as hot water does. Ive had no complaints from any custys so why would i want to spend my hard earned cash on silly hot water systems.

I dont have an Ionics sytem or have a hot system. I know hot water cleans better, just by doing the washing up myself! Try doing the washing up with no fairy liquid.. first with cold then with hot.. hot wins hands down.

Just like a hot wash on the washing machine, cleans the whites better than a cold wash.

Roger Slater

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 10:52:03 pm »

I only spent £250 ish,... no need to justify anything,..

Cold water works just as well on glass as hot water does.

LMAO,.. you couldn't be more wrong.

You obviously didnt read the post correctly youngin, you have a diy system i was referring to and ionics system,

And yes everybody knows hot water cleans better but you really dont need it, when cold works just as well, your spending money on heating the water, you should concentrate on cutting costs, did you not know energy prices are going up have you been on button moon. ;D :D ;) ;D ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 10:54:37 pm »
I agree spending £1000's on a hot system could be a big mistake if you're business isn't in a position to handle the costs.

A diy system costs less than £1 per day to run,...

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 10:56:28 pm »
I use a diesel heater which costs about £5-6 if run all day and I can easily justify spending that for the heater as I can get through more than £6 worth of extra work a day using hot water.

Roger Slater

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 10:56:39 pm »

I dont have an Ionics sytem or have a hot system.

Chris if you dont have an ionics system then why are you advertising one on your website.
If im not mistaking thats an ionics logo obscured by im presuming is you, on the side of a van.

Ambient Services

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 12:19:10 am »
So come on then people,

What are the huge advantages of having a hot water system over cold, obviously one springs to mind if you live in the north pole.

What do you clean (or what does the missus use) to clean the dishes? the family car? etc?

Hot water!

You've been suckered my friend!

You won't get hot water out of one of those systems! At best it'll be luke warm. Real hot water cracks glass, will scold you and split hoses so it could in fact be a safety hazard. It's mildly warm water at best and the novelty wears off very quickly!

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 08:51:30 am »

I dont have an Ionics sytem or have a hot system.

Chris if you dont have an ionics system then why are you advertising one on your website.
If im not mistaking thats an ionics logo obscured by im presuming is you, on the side of a van.

My brother has the Ionics machine, for our commercial work. The residential work is what i like doing, I have built my own system, however i do use Ionics filters, poles etc.

Why is the new guy getting a flaming all of a sudden, is this the mentality of the board?

All ive said is that hot is better at cleaning than cold, its scientific fact. Ive never said anything about using it for window cleaning - however the option and methodical approach is there to be used, but yes there is a safety factor for "hot" water.

People are all to eager to read (or perhaps not read in some cases) and reply to a previous post, without actually reading the whole thread.

I'll have to think twice about getting involved in "debates" around the board in future. I'll just use it for information purposes and just read without contributing.  >:(

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 12:42:56 pm »
Yes it is the nature of the board.

I have a hot system and like many others would never go back, but what point is there in arguing which is best, i'm happy with my lpg on demand as is nathaneal etc.Many use ladders to clean windows and they too are happy. Some call back on a friday night for payment, and they are happy.So it takes all sorts. What's obviously easier and better to some people isn't to others.

Roger Slater

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 01:35:55 pm »

Why is the new guy getting a flaming all of a sudden, is this the mentality of the board?

Not mentality of the board, it was just your answers to some previous posts were perceived as arrogant for a newb.

These topics have been debated many, many times before on this board, we all want to help each other and learn from our experiences but when you try to tell your granny how to suck eggs then your going to get some backlash fella.

Trying doing a board search and most of your questions will be answered somewhere there.

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 02:04:06 pm »

Not mentality of the board, it was just your answers to some previous posts were perceived as arrogant for a newb.

These topics have been debated many, many times before on this board, we all want to help each other and learn from our experiences but when you try to tell your granny how to suck eggs then your going to get some backlash fella.

Trying doing a board search and most of your questions will be answered somewhere there.

What questions have a asked? How do you do your washing up, hot or cold water? why would i need to use the search function  ::)  and in relation to that question, it was merely pointing out why would someone use hot water rather than cold to wash with - answering your question in the thread with a question..

So come on then people,

What are the huge advantages of having a hot water system over cold, obviously one springs to mind if you live in the north pole.

Obviously you asked a question that you probably already know.

So i have not asked any question which leads me to quote myself

People are all to eager to read (or perhaps not read in some cases) and reply to a previous post, without actually reading the whole thread.

The only questions i have asked on this forum are regarding PDA's, which are not in this thread.  :-\

Just because im new to the board, im supposed to be a novice in life and know nothing? Im supposed to have no common sense or education of life?

Unfortunately, its all too common, in any forum that "some" senior users will down trod on all newbies who come to ask questions (which i haven't regarding this topic).

Its a fact that questions will always be recycled, the same ones appear time and time again. Ive been admin on a forum had over 20k posts and have seen the flaming new guys get when they ask questions that have been about just 4 months ago, and previously 4 months before that etc etc.

Anyway, theres no point going on about this.. This has clearly become off topic through no fault of my own.

Lets actually get back on topic to debate about the pros and cons of using the hot (or in fact luke warm as someone has said) systems, rather than turn this into some kind of personal attack..

Roger Slater

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 02:08:54 pm »

Anyway, theres no point going on about this.. This has clearly become off topic through no fault of my own.

lolololololololol your just like my wife: have to have the last say. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dave Turley

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 02:44:23 pm »
on topic, I love my diy hot water system (nathaneal stylee) and will never go back to cold. it's just beter and costs less than £1.50 a day extra

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 02:51:38 pm »
on topic, I love my diy hot water system (nathaneal stylee) and will never go back to cold. it's just beter and costs less than £1.50 a day extra

Your DIY hot water system, how warm/hot does it actually get?

beecleanlondon

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 10:26:07 pm »
Hi guys including softlads who are all whining about those who have hot water systems.
im well keen on trying to do my own hot water but was looking at a eberspacher way, thought it may be cheaper, but is not as cheap as yours. any advice on how to set one up would be greatly appreciated. if you dont want to post it please mail me on james@beecleanlondon.co.uk
thanks in advance for any help

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »

Your DIY hot water system, how warm/hot does it actually get?

As hot as I want!! It has the potential to boil the water if I disabled the overheat sensor,.. but I normally run mine on minimum power, about 40 - 50 deg Celsius.