A & J Owen Window Cleaning

Re: Doorknocking, building round...
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »
you need to get the point over quickly what i say is "im sorry to disturbe you my name is alan and i have established a windowcleaning service in this area would you like me to give you a price for cleaning windows on yoiur property" then give them a leaflet whether its a yes or no sometimes people want to think about it a bit

Johnny B

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »
When cold calling, it is important to get to the point very quickly, as people in general don't like uninvited callers, or are busy or whatever.  ;)

You give yourself a better chance if you keep your introduction to around 8 seconds (or less), so I would suggest not starting with an apology. Simply introduce yourself and why you have called on them  politely, but confidently and in a friendly way. If they say they are not interested, a simple 'no problem, thank you for your time' will suffice.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

John F

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 07:15:40 pm »
When cold calling, it is important to get to the point very quickly, as people in general don't like uninvited callers, or are busy or whatever.  ;)

You give yourself a better chance if you keep your introduction to around 8 seconds (or less), so I would suggest not starting with an apology. Simply introduce yourself and why you have called on them  politely, but confidently and in a friendly way. If they say they are not interested, a simple 'no problem, thank you for your time' will suffice.

John

good advice.

CraigBlues

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 07:27:42 pm »
Today I battled the rain and cold wind. I used the line "Morning/Afternoon I am a local window cleaner, I was wonder if you currently have your windows cleaned professionally?"

I picked up 4 definite new customers and gave 10 or so additional quotes of people who wanted to think or is cuss with partner. Good day I would say considering the time of year.

Johnny B

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 07:51:20 pm »
Today I battled the rain and cold wind. I used the line "Morning/Afternoon I am a local window cleaner, I was wonder if you currently have your windows cleaned professionally?"

I picked up 4 definite new customers and gave 10 or so additional quotes of people who wanted to think or is cuss with partner. Good day I would say considering the time of year.

Well done Craig. Keep at it and you will get there!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tom cronin

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:39 am »

And I bet with more practise you'd of signed up another 3 of those ten ;)

Klean07

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 09:50:10 am »
remember my first day, door knocking and nobody wanted to know . by the afternoon i was on point of giving up when somebody said yes and i cleaned hers there and then,by end of afternoon id done 5 more and was on my way.  
   press on matey , i used to just say "hi,want your windows cleaned chief/ma"am ? "

Followed by "get off your horse and drink your milk"
Pmsl  ;D ;D

John Wayne fan by any chance Bobby?  ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 09:53:57 am »
you need to get the point over quickly what i say is "im sorry to disturbe you my name is alan and i have established a windowcleaning service in this area would you like me to give you a price for cleaning windows on yoiur property" then give them a leaflet whether its a yes or no sometimes people want to think about it a bit

I've been saying something very similar to this for 24 years and its worked for me!!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Ian101

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 10:30:52 am »
Dump the hi viz jacket as they will think your a pikey offering to tarmac the drive.

Never say "sorry to bother you" or anythink like that.

The 2 best lines that worked for me when I canvassed up my round was.

Morning ... Do you need a window cleaner ?

or

Morning ... Im THE local window cleaner ... I clean a few in this area and just looking for a few extra customers ... would you like me to add you to my list ??

Both will get a yes or no straight away which is exactly what you want with canvassing for window cleaning.

Usual stuff ... smile ... eye contact ... step away from door ... polo shirt ... no smelling of fAgs or booze ... note book in hand or clipboard.

Dead easy to canvass but numbers game and I canvassed every Saturday and most evenings for 6 weeks anf got just under 100 customers .... then I cheated and bought a round or 3  ;)