CraigBlues

Doorknocking, building round...
« on: January 02, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »
Well Day 2 of door knocking and leaflets.

Spent all day, door knocking. Got 2 new customers and a few maybe's today.

But in my mind the ratio is poor, am. Doing it wrong? Or just an idiot for wasting my time.

I don't mind doorknocking, especially when you just keep hoping for a good outcome, but starting from scratch again after moving and selling my previous round is hard work again I must say.

Pope vader

Re: Doorknocking, building round...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 04:30:52 pm »
what u saying on the door

CraigBlues

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:38:10 pm »
Hi/Morning/Afternoon. Then. "Do you currently have a window cleaner?" or "I was wondering if you currently have a window cleaner?" along those lines.

Then go from there.

Pope vader

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 04:42:11 pm »
just say

sorry to bother you, i am starting a window cleaning rounds and was wondering if you was intrested

yes, ok, blah blah blah

no, just say ok, sorry to bother you bye

CraigBlues

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »
That's near enough what I do. :-)

I think my area is sown up with another local cleaner unfortunately.

Pope vader

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 04:46:59 pm »
try that word for word, 

i bet you get lots of i have a window cleaner, thanks

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 04:50:32 pm »
Hi
First things first people buy people not services, so make the right first impression. Smile and say hello while standing back from the door, then ask whatever you like, all the ones mentioned will work fine.

And secondly no area is totally covered, you will find streets that are tough but just try the next and keep smiling, the first impression is everything.....

tom cronin

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »
Knock on door...

(smile) hi, sorry to both u, I do a local window cleaning round, I do houses bla bla bla, wondered if you if you might be interested in yours being  done each month when we come round,

No worries, thanks for you're time (smile )

I use this and it works.

the more knocking you do, you ll learn to read people's reactions/body language, and learn respond accordingly

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 05:14:33 pm »
Hi
First things first people buy people not services, so make the right first impression. Smile and say hello while standing back from the door, then ask whatever you like, all the ones mentioned will work fine.

And secondly no area is totally covered, you will find streets that are tough but just try the next and keep smiling, the first impression is everything.....

Good advice -  no area is totally covered ! - dress smart casual as well ( thats shirt or polo shirt ) trousers & shoes NOT jeans and trainers and have a shave

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 05:16:44 pm »
First impression is a balance, not too smart or too scruffy. Your own branded polo shirts or jackets always look good too....

tom cronin

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 05:16:54 pm »
Gd give us a bell if u want, I'll give you a few tips, don't want too give too much away on here;)

tom cronin

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »
Gd give us a bell if u want, I'll give you a few tips, don't want too give too much away on here;)

Craig I mean

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
Lol tips? I do just fine thanks, helping others never hurts...

Steve kiff

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51:20 pm »
Craig,  I have been out today door knocking and leaflet dropping and I got nothing! I wish I had 2 that would have softened the blow a little.

I dress smart, have my window cleaning T shirt on with my high viz window cleaning jacket all sign written with my business name. I am polite, friendly, and have read every post & internet/ website page on the correct words to use etc....... etc........

Dont get me wrong I do get customers, however today was a bad day and very demoralizing. To be honest i would love to spend a day with these people that say they get 30 customers a day and canvass 150 quids worth a day. Unless i see it i just find it hard to believe! Maybe its just the area i live in i have no idea.

Anyway moral of the story is. you have good days and bad days. The way i see it, there are more than 10,000 houses in my area. If i cant get 300 of them houses on my books as regular monthly cleans then there is something definitely wrong.

I think patience is the key. I know i will get to the 300 mark its just a matter of time. word of mouth, friends & family etc.......etc........

I wish you all the best with your round and dont give up. keep smiling   ;D ;D

Pope vader

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 05:54:38 pm »
dump the hi viz jacket,   i wear jeans, t shirt and a jacket, with company name on,  and then just knock

what type of houses are you knocking,  what you saying

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 05:57:13 pm »
Steve
I will come down for the day if you want and just pay me for what i get, i will show you the ropes and train you up as we go....

Steve kiff

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 06:03:19 pm »
Seriously? well that is an offer I cant refuse. I would love to see how you do it & yes I would be happy to pay you for the work you get.

Could we arrange it for a couple of weeks time?  that would be great.        :)

Johnny B

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 06:03:53 pm »
Craig,

I am in a similar situation to you. I had to relocate (to Ireland) for family reasons and leave a good established round behind, and start again from scratch.

When you are canvassing, try to be relaxed, friendly and polite (not in an apologetic way).  

You got 2 new customers today. Well done. That's 2 more than you had, so look at this as a positive and build on this success. Some days will be better than others.

Try to approach each door as if it is your first. If you get 100 no's, you will see why I suggest this! It's important to try to be positive at all times. If this starts to wane, take a break and try again later.

Best wishes,
John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »
Hi steve,
Fuel will be 40 and first clean paid once done, then second clean paid once done. Sound fair?

sean84

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 06:21:47 pm »
Well Day 2 of door knocking and leaflets.

Spent all day, door knocking. Got 2 new customers and a few maybe's today.

But in my mind the ratio is poor, am. Doing it wrong? Or just an idiot for wasting my time.

I don't mind doorknocking, especially when you just keep hoping for a good outcome, but starting from scratch again after moving and selling my previous round is hard work again I must say.

Craig, how many customers do you have now? Im about to start canvassing this week, just got to setup my business account and pay for public liability and im ready!