37 (34.9%)
Yes £15
12.3%
13 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 87

LHill

Do you have a minimum price? -Poll-
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:53:19 pm »
If yes and your answer isn't listed please select the nearest option.

king marko

Re: Do you have a minimum price? -Poll-
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 12:01:12 am »
Had to quote/clean a flat yesterday 4 windows - just can't justify a £10 minimum charge

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:22:48 am »
I don't, tho have since thought about it after reading comments on here. but all our work is close even if It's only a small job its always within eye sight of another customer. I just try to make sure its a good price to make it worth setting up, and try to do it on a day when my wife isn't working with me.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:53:07 am »
Yes I have a min price its 2 pound 50p.as this is the lowest price I charge.this is for 35 one bed granny flats all next to each other.my min price on 3 bed semi work is 3quid fronts/6pound whole house.this is on very compact small domestic.

Work outside these estates is 10 pound bare minimum.

regards

Dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Steve_c

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 10:07:23 am »
Just put mine up to £12.00. Done a end of tenancy clean Friday, i got a late call as the booked window cleaner hadn't turned up, I said to the bloke my minimum charge before i started 4 windows and a glass front door. I charged him £15 he gave me £20 keep the change chap and please come and quote our new house. My point is what do you get for £10? Two pints of beer and soft drink if your lucky.

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 10:13:59 am »
Dazmond, you should increase those flats a little. I do 36 one bed retirement flats for £7 each. Thats my cheapest job. Actually it takes more time to collect the money from each flat than it does to clean the windows. Pension are no less up where you are.

I took that job over from a bloke who was charging £8 a flat and wanted to put the price up so I did what everybody on here says you shouldn't do and undercut him at £7. I do it on a friday every 8 weeks and its the nicest job I do.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:15:29 am »
Well if your working for beer money Steve you need more than a tenner  for a proper binge! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 10:21:36 am »
Vincent they have 2 windows and a door each flat.im happy with 30quid an hour from these old dears.no need to be greedy.most come out and pay before ive cleaned and i get good tips at xmas.I'm happy!

Steve_c

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:50 am »
Well if your working for beer money Steve you need more than a tenner  for a proper binge! ;D
Price higher work harder? your having a laugh. Stick  your prices up mate and you will be able to come to the Pub with me. ;D

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 10:43:47 am »
Vincent they have 2 windows and a door each flat.im happy with 30quid an hour from these old dears.no need to be greedy.most come out and pay before ive cleaned and i get good tips at xmas.I'm happy!

The ones I do are a bit bigger than that, they have four biggish windows and the ones on the end have six. They are ex American Air Force officers accomodation now OAP flats

sparkleglass

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 10:45:30 am »
250 your giving us a bad name put your price up man  ??? ???

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »
damn right at 30 an hour sounds to me like you have priced exactly right 50p per min thats how i do it, and im some boy

Dave.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »
For a standalone job £8 min charge, but I've got some small holiday lets in groups that I do for less, but I group them together so they don't count as a single job - bit like the OAP places

birdymiller

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 09:51:31 pm »

The ones I do are a bit bigger than that, they have four biggish windows and the ones on the end have six. They are ex American Air Force officers accomodation now OAP flats

£7 for 4 windows! how do you sleep at night

wpclean

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 10:06:36 pm »
If is good to be flexible

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 10:10:47 pm »
fair play if you have a minium of £12 steve,but i tell you somthing you wouldnt get that around here on some of are houses.you probaly get one or two but you wouldnt build up a great round.

and charging that then you be very like to lose a few if they got flyered with a cheaper price.

birdymiller

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 10:22:04 pm »
steve might be one of the owners of qpr with the prices he charges £12 for min must be pushing 60-70 an hour

John F

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 10:26:18 pm »
no i dont. i have a few shop windows and only take about 40 to 50 seconds and they are all really close to eachother. why do i need a min charge?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »
Dont have a min price but my lowest priced job is £3 for 2 windows about 60 - 90 seconds work. its in a road where i do alot of fronts only right next to it and I do £50+ an hour here A min charge would be cutting off my nose to spite my face.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

tompoole

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 07:28:52 am »
£15 min charge if I take any new cleans, books full
But I do take on the odd good priced clean.
Don't apply charge to oaps and next door neighbours of
Jobs I'm already doing

Londoner

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:55 am »

£7 for 4 windows! how do you sleep at night
Thats cheap, the previous window cleaner was charging £8 and wanted to put it up and that was about five years ago.But they are all in blocks of six or eight flats so you can whistle along

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 08:59:58 am »
these flats take me just under 3 hours that includes collecting and the odd chat with the old dears(albeit while working!).they are in a poor area.one or two are £3 as they have an extra side window.£90 for 3 hours is ok for run of the mill domestic.ive been cleaning them for 15 years.

i dont care what you guys think!my overheads and bills are low,i dont have any kids and steve i dont drink anymore mate so  itd be a diet coke if we went to the pub together!! :P :P :P ;D ;D.

i have lots of different types of work and some good paying commercial with nearly all of it in affluent areas.some unbelievable runs of very compact work as well.

charge what you like.if you can make a half decent living without having to bust a gut 7 days a week and you can pay your bills and have some left over your doing well!!

very little chance of being undercut.good payers most pay on the day.cant see a problem!

run your business the way you see fit for your own needs.dont worry about what others are charging as long as your making enough for your family and loved ones.

regards

dazmond

roundbuilder

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 09:13:40 am »
these flats take me just under 3 hours that includes collecting and the odd chat with the old dears(albeit while working!).they are in a poor area.one or two are £3 as they have an extra side window.£90 for 3 hours is ok for run of the mill domestic.ive been cleaning them for 15 years.

i dont care what you guys think!my overheads and bills are low,i dont have any kids and steve i dont drink anymore mate so  itd be a diet coke if we went to the pub together!! :P :P :P ;D ;D.

i have lots of different types of work and some good paying commercial with nearly all of it in affluent areas.some unbelievable runs of very compact work as well.

charge what you like.if you can make a half decent living without having to bust a gut 7 days a week and you can pay your bills and have some left over your doing well!!

very little chance of being undercut.good payers most pay on the day.cant see a problem!

run your business the way you see fit for your own needs.dont worry about what others are charging as long as your making enough for your family and loved ones.

regards

dazmond

Its upto u daz if you want to work for peanuts and mug yourself off with quotes of  work harder and price higher on your profile.

id chuck all that work in the bin, i do a massive estate of granny flats and still get 10 per pop with 4 windows and a door, for this sort of work i hit my highest hourly rate of my round. if you have been cleaning all these years why have you not put them up???. whether you have a family or not to support those prices are the lowest i have ever heard of. fact

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:42 am »
I'm personally with daz, I know of local window cleaners that are complete rip off .merchant's, and now have a rep for it. I think that's fair what daz is charging, and a decent hourly rate I'd certainly be happy with.

unless daz u shud change your signature to: rip off more, have less customers!

there seems to B a lot of boasting on here of how much ppl make or charge, nice to see some humility and honesty for a change!

keep it up dazmond 8)

colin purewater

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 10:04:41 am »
Dazmond is saying he earns £30 and hour on this job,
Which to me is bang on, nice custys, good payers, easy job,
And most important not robbing old people

You shower of sh#te
keep it simple

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:03 pm »
my workday figures are between £150-£250 a day(usually 9am-4pm)sometimes i finish at 3pm depending what work im doing.

this thread is about minimum prices!!i have a fair bit of better priced work as well.also i live in manchester where the cost of living is a lot lower than in the south for example.

i have put the price up a few times mick.i used to clean them for £1-20 when i started!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

i can also clean them a bit quicker with wfp.

chuck the work in the bin mick?i dont think so!!we ll all be old one day and im not into ripping off old dears in council flats!!its not my style!!

personally i think some of you have a bad attitude towards your customers.

price higher,work harder!i do sometimes and especially for newer work in affluent areas but i wont be putting up my elderly tenants prices up thats for sure as im happy with what i earn from them.

best wishes

dazmond

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 04:21:00 pm »
I generally have a minimum charge of a tenner.

But I am flexible - sheltered groups of granny flats, terrace fronts in compact areas. But my minimum for a small house for a new custy is a tenner.
It's a game of three halves!

john k

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 04:56:20 pm »
Some of you windys must be millionaires with some of the prices on here

Pope vader

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »
what u got to remember besides you and dazmond,  ever other wc is making 500 a day,  and that is how they manage to get so many posts,  give it a few weeks and some will be moaning they are skint

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 06:15:11 pm »
It never fails to amaze me the lack of focus on what we do.The reason we need a minimum charge is to make sure you cover your costs and make some profit and an income for yourself.There is NO rip off on this forum as the customers are paying and they can go were they want and get it cheaper if they so feel.Only those paying can say they are been ripped off.
If our customers came on here a heard how small minded and petty we were in our business they would get the gardener to clean there windows.
All business is based on the scale principal of "value verses price."
There for if you cannot get more maybe you are not worth more.
If your customer feel you are worth your fee they will pay happily. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 07:07:18 pm »
Hehe all this dreaming,lying and boasting(honourable exception daz and some others).
I know someone who sells cleaning stuff,some of the boasters on this forum sometimes turn up.
He says they all have awful wrecks of cars and can't afford his prices!

Richy essex

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 07:26:24 pm »
half the forum have other jobs and i am of no exception so they aint doing that great it is very misleading m8 smetimes
 :P :P :P :P

Frankybadboy

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 07:26:55 pm »
you lot make me laugh.full of billy bull pooptxrs

i do a few old peoples bunglows at £5 a pop,about 35 of them,i do about 4-6 a hour and this is trad.
these get done in all weather and allways paid on the day.i do get a few drinks on the way around,and this isnt rushing,trad at a steady rate.

i tell you what i few of you that say you wont touch them,if i say have them for free you snap me hands off.
at the end of the day works work,
you normal find that the ones who price high are the ones that only have 1 house here and 2 there,and end spending more time driving then cleaning,caus ethere work in compact..........FACT

birdymiller

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »

i dont care what you guys think!my overheads and bills are low,i dont have any kids and steve i dont drink anymore mate so  itd be a diet coke if we went to the pub together!! :P :P :P ;D ;D.

regards

dazmond

Its upto u daz if you want to work for peanuts and mug yourself off with quotes of  work harder and price higher on your profile.

id chuck all that work in the bin, i do a massive estate of granny flats and still get 10 per pop with 4 windows and a door, for this sort of work i hit my highest hourly rate of my round. if you have been cleaning all these years why have you not put them up???. whether you have a family or not to support those prices are the lowest i have ever heard of. fact

your on £120 an hour then mick when you are mugging these old dears

Jackal

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:07 pm »
i also think some lads on here need get a grip and stop talking poop,with that many people claiming to be

earning so much money others just follw suit now an add some bulls*it to there hourly rate,

if dazmond is taking £90 for 3 hours work he is doing very well for himself in my opinion FACT!

we are just window cleaners after all, the scum of the earth  ;D

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:47 pm »
I use to know a window cleaner (while I was window cleaning) who had a blinding day (once) but that was the daily figure he gave for every day.... Madness.. He convinced him self! However the rest of the time he earned the basic amount.

Pope vader

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:46 pm »
i dont know about the rest of you but if i make £100-£120 i am happy, i start after 9  finish before 3  every day,  stress free (when working on own) and cant do as much or as little i want,

roundbuilder

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 11:10:30 pm »
Im hardly conning grannies am i by charging my minimum price of a tenner which i learnt to charge from this forum by many? im sure if they didnt like the price they would go with some1 else.
what is wrong with my way of thinking here:

3 hours work doing 35 flats at £2.50 a pop.
3 hours doing 9 flats at £10 a pop.

yes same hourly rate but my god you must have to rush that to get done in 3 hours..how much poncing about must that be waiting for them all to find change and all the having to give them change and we all know how much the oldies like a chin wag so yes id bin that work if was me but hey just my opinion isnt it. I dont see why that makes me some sort of conman??? all i said was if it was me and had a full round id bin that work and replace with better.

roundbuilder

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 11:22:27 pm »
Yes big man there dazmond well done ::).
Im a willy shuffler for having an opinion and a min price and talking about it on a min price thread.
 ;D

StockClean

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:22 pm »
My min prices are

£16 for monthlies
£18 for bi-monthlies
£20 for quarterlies

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 12:16:37 am »
That bloke who boasted he earnt so much that on fridays he invented vac gutter cleaners? He was in west country?? The pic of his proud inventions, looked like a bit of a dodgy estate, the sort where rich entrepeneurs wouldnt live. Why do people keep living in cloud cuckoo land? :-\

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 04:26:18 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

because some window cleaners are dreamers!some are just getting by topping up their income fitted around another job,some are actually charging and earning a very good wedge,others are doing well(like me!)but dont take the pee!........and some should change their names to WALTER MITTY WINDOW CLEANING as their "business" or "round" is mostly in their head!the sad fact is their only kidding themselves!!

best wishes

dazmond

Frankybadboy

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 07:25:29 am »
My min prices are

£16 for monthlies
£18 for bi-monthlies
£20 for quarterlies

yawn yawn yawn

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 11:25:07 am »
That bloke who boasted he earnt so much that on fridays he invented vac gutter cleaners? He was in west country?? The pic of his proud inventions, looked like a bit of a dodgy estate, the sort where rich entrepeneurs wouldnt live. Why do people keep living in cloud cuckoo land? :-\

I remember that chap!!

Dave Willis

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 04:07:53 pm »
Had to quote/clean a flat yesterday 4 windows - just can't justify a £10 minimum charge

Can't justify a minimum of £10 could also mean you must charge more than that

You have minimum cost if you run a business, so you either know your minimum charge to your customers or you don't know

If you are unable to work out what it should be.

A starting point would be a combination of your hourly rate cost, customer cost, and the average customer price and what ever minimum margin you are willing to work for can give you your own minimum price

For most the minimum price is always or should be similar to a moving average, if you are growing the business

Well said Ewan!

Clear as mud.  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 08:06:20 am »
Some of you windys must be millionaires with some of the prices on here

I AM A MILLIONAIRE BELIEVE IT OR NOT, So my accountant tells me. But thats not unusual round here. Most of my customers are millionaires too. If you own your own house, even a small one you are half to three quarters of the way there. Add a bit put away long term from inheritance and redundancy plus whats in the pension fund and its got to be over a million.  A million is nothing round here. Doesn't make you rich, still struggling to pay the bills and put kids through University.  You can't spend money you are living in or has to be put away in investments.

clarkson

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 09:05:14 am »

i dont care what you guys think!my overheads and bills are low,i dont have any kids and steve i dont drink anymore mate so  itd be a diet coke if we went to the pub together!! :P :P :P ;D ;D.

regards

dazmond

Hi
i have a minimum charge of 10.00 pounds, but we are switching from commercial to domestic. we have large overheads and are vat registered.

As we are canvassing and buying up work it is  spread out so there is travelling wages and fuel involved.

I know dazmonds work is very compact and i would work for a lot less  if i was picking up work in the middle of a run.
These are old dears after all so good on him i say.

he is probably making more on his 2.50 biddies than iam making on 30 quid detached all things considered.

cheers

john

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 12:25:57 pm »
would of said yes i do,but after yesterday no i dont!
i will now take on everything and everything its all money in the pot.
I was cleaning a house yesterday, it was only a few windys on the front, what i have done for the last few months at £5. When the owner came out & asked if i would price the whole house.?? I said " Yes not a problem". walked round the house & with the small con it was £35. She was well happy with the price & i now do all the house for £35 a month instead of £5  :D
Just goes to show you never know what things could turn it to. Also you never know who they may know  ;)

Sparkkadian

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »
My lowest priced job is £3.50, but starting february my prices are going up, long overdue too.

Time to refine my work so im not selling myself short, fuel prices are going through the roof, so are energy prices etc, everything goes up regularly nowadays.

They will be £5 absolute minimum for a front, and £10 minimum for a house on its own. For my compact work, like others on here i know this kind of work is the most ideal so im willing to be more flexible on that, im still however going to try my best to stick to a £10 minimum. I feel the service i provide is more than worth those prices.

I also think that it can depend on area as to the prices we can charge, some little communities are absolute tight arses and want everything for nothing. Others are fine.

Im canvassing new work fairly regularly so any old work i lose wont worry me.

If any of my customers went of their own accord and asked another cleaner for a price thats fair enough, but i definitely dont agree with taking other peoples work by going to someone else's customers and undercutting, i think thats wrong and if i caught someone doing it on my work id show them where to get lost.

-Mike-