laddermonkee

Re: Are you content ?
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 10:26:22 am »
50,000 is only 40 hrs per week @ 25quid per hr
'Ladders isn't a shiner he's between jobs'

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:29 am »
yeh!yeh!whatever ladderchimp!!nobody works 40 hours a week window cleaning "on the glass".certainly not 52 weeks a year!! ;D ;D ;D

just wait in a few months when youll get lots of window cleaners on here moaning their skint!!!because of a few weeks of bad weather!!!

theyll be restless,irritable and DISCONTENT!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

H S and Son

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 10:38:01 am »
No-one who window cleans for a living works 40 hours a week. They also wont work 50 weeks a year. It simply is an impossibility.

laddermonkee

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:38 am »
According to some on here 50,000 a year is easily achievable
'Ladders isn't a shiner he's between jobs'

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
Nice one Daz
 100%  SPOT ON MATE  ;D
My words exactly

Steve

Pope vader

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 08:03:43 pm »
According to some on here 50,000 a year is easily achievable

you dont believe what they say on here do you,  they are making all that money and got all these big contracts  yet 1 week of bad weather and the house is getting repo

james51174

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 08:17:00 pm »
its easy to do if you own the business though...esp with employees or subbies :)

TomCrowther

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »
What is life, but a dream within a dream? {fao Tosh}.

Tom White

Re: Are you content ? New
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2011, 09:14:18 pm »
What is life, but a dream within a dream? {fao Tosh}.

No, I don't think it is.  If life was a dream (even within a dream), then nothing would really matter would it?

Buddhism doesn't teach this.  It teaches that things aren't inherently real, and neither are they non existent.

It teaches the truth is in some subtle area between these two extremes (the extremes being, everything is real, and nothing is real); that's why it's called The Middle Way (also the middle way between the two extremes of eternalism and nihilism).

It's too complex for me to fully explain - I don't fully understand it myself - I'm just working my way through a commentary on the Heart of Wisdom Sutra (which explains this stuff), and it's tough going; though it's analytically razor sharp.  The Buddha geezer was definitely a radical thinker; though he didn't invent any of this; he just explains the way reality is and has always been and; a direct perception of which (which is far deeper than mere intellectual knowledge) is Enlightenment itself.

But as to the dream analogy you gave, I've heard a similar Buddhist one that doesn't explain the nature of reality, it just asks us to question what our innate belief of what reality is.

It says something like, when we're dreaming, we think the 'dream world' inherently real.  If we knock an object in a dream, it'll feel real.  If we're 'with a woman' in a dream, she will feel real.  But then we wake up, we realise it was all a dream.

And it goes on to ask 'isn't our 'waking world' a little bit like that?'  It basically points out that in the dream, everything in it feels real, but it's our mind that creates it.  In this vein, another word for Enlightenment is 'Waking Up'!

But Buddhism does not teach that everything is a dream.  This would be classed as a wrong view; big style.  Thinking about it, I think Buddhism teaches that things exist LIKE a dream; just they're NOT a dream. 

Hope that helps.  ;D

Now wake up!  ;D