colin purewater

united utilities neighbours reported me
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:47:19 pm »
so gets home today and there is anote on the floor from united utilities saying

''we need to gain entrance to tour property''

and  at the bottom there is a hand writen note saying

''one of you neighbours has made a complaint that you are sourcing water from your property illegally''

please contact us blah blah blah

so what do you guys think i should do???
i wasnt to sure if i had to declare it or not as im paying for water anyway

any one had this before??

im only trying to feed me kids and wife gob poope nosey neighbours cant stand anyone who aint on the dole or trying to make something of the selfs.
any advise would be most help full
people who just want to get on ther high horse need not reply

many thanks

colin

keep it simple

Steve Sed

Re: united utilities neighbours reported me
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:38 pm »
If it were me I'd call and ask how to go about sourcing water illegally. That should be interesting. Water divining? Sunk own well? Just plain daft. Call them.

stuart mc

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 06:55:01 pm »
I would imagine your neighbour has implied that you are bypassing the meter some how, just phone and let them come out and check and they will see all is fine, what is the worst that can happen, put you on a commercial meter, no big deal really

steve rix

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:58:29 pm »
You will have to ring them. But dont some people make you sick, for a few gallons of water. You know what to do if you see them washing their car with a hosepipe.

Steve Sed

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »
Can they force someone to go onto a meter? 

colin purewater

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 07:04:12 pm »
should of said we aint on meters in this street 4 or 5 houses share a main so thats why we dont have them, i dont mind paying for what i use but you right some people do make you feel sick,
im propa ped of a about the said neighbour.
we live in a mid terrece so i have to fill my tank from a pipe that comes under my front door
 not ideal but it works, the wife if on the net looking for a new house, shes really ped!!
keep it simple

steve rix

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 07:05:42 pm »
Yep, I think so

EandM

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 07:09:13 pm »
If your paying for the water I can't see an issue.

S

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 07:33:58 pm »

I had an issue with the water company once. One of my neigbours shopped me.  I did not tell the water company I was using some of my house water for WFP.

In the end, the water company stuck on commercial water rates for all my water. Which are a lot higher than normal rates.

SO BE AWARE

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 07:34:40 pm »
Dont worry about it mate if you share the mains supply with other houses the water company will have to go to the expense of installing meters for each house in your street .

speak to them in the morning everything will work out mate . MIKE

Mike #1

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 07:35:18 pm »

I had an issue with the water company once. One of my neigbours shopped me.  I did not tell the water company I was using some of my house water for WFP.

In the end, the water company stuck on commercial water rates for all my water. Which are a lot higher than normal rates.

SO BE AWARE

How much more typically

S

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 07:38:17 pm »

SO BE AWARE
I cannot remember now, this was 4 years ago. Been kicked out since then-).

How much more typically

JSMC

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 07:41:57 pm »
you need to start ordering pizzas, hookers, taxi's, double glazing salesman, electric/gas salesman to ye rneigbours house

colin purewater

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »
weve got a top gossop in are street
if any one nos who it was she will
keep it simple

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:47 pm »
If a water company finds you are using water for commercial purposes, they will fit a meter (and charge you for them fitting it) and charge you more for the water than for domestic use.

It nearly happened to me at my last house but as we were in the process of moving house, which we did 2 months later, the water company (Southern Water) didn't have enough time to pursue it legally.

If it was me, I'd let them come round and have a look but remove all your RO stuff before they arrive and say to them that you are a trad window cleaner which is what I should have done. As I found out to my horror, as soon as you deny them access, they assume you are 'commerial or business'.

Also, I would think the term 'sourcing water illegally' means using domestic water for commercial purposes.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

steve123

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »
If it was me I would post a letter to everyone in the street saying.
"thank you to whomever told the water company that I was sourcing water ilegaly" Even though I am not.
They have suggested we ALL have to go on meters.
So would the person responsible please make themselves known so we know who to blame for costing us more. ;D

colin purewater

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 08:41:31 pm »
thank you for your replys gents
think i have my plan of attack

cheers to all
keep it simple

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »
i would not phone them.i would wait until they found you,

its not you job to phone them,just wait for the letters

bobplum

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 08:45:54 pm »
just taking this further,i am on a meter,should i be paying a commercial rate for the volume of water i use?
bob

Pope vader

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:08 pm »
yes and no,  if on a water meter then you will be paying a fortune anyway,  they will probabbly think you have bypassed the meter,  phone them let them come out,  if you dont they will get a forced entry which you will get to pay for, or could just turn up and switch off your meter  on the pretence it might be faulty and along with this your water