dave.e

Re: Should i shell out for an aqua dapter?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 04:44:07 pm »
Why will you remove it in the winter?

i don't know whether you have had water freezing on the brush head but i have so if you get water on to the aquadapter what going to happen is your pull the hose and it will break. with a tap you can cover that with your hands and stop it freezing just something i thought off when i sent mine back. Dave

ps i mite be wrong and i hope so for them ones that bought it.

Lee GLS

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 05:27:18 pm »
Dave, I used mine all winter with no problems.

dave.e

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 05:47:06 pm »
Dave, I used mine all winter with no problems.

ok mate i was wrong but you do know it could happen and unlike the taps witch are only £6 the aquadapter is a dam site more. dave

wellclean

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 06:16:32 pm »
I changed from a trigger on pole, going back to a trigger, great bit of kit, but many times with pole extended the water wont turn on or wont turn off, have to waste time bringing pole back down
 with water wasting out, used more water with it on than with the trigger.
shame when it works its great, and cleaning 30-35 houses a day the trigger gives me painful
cramps my hand

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 06:23:46 pm »
personally i think it looks to clunky, and does the trigger do the same thing though. will think its a bit easier to control a trigger. not seen one in action to pass judgement. u ok dave

dave.e

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »
personally i think it looks to clunky, and does the trigger do the same thing though. will think its a bit easier to control a trigger. not seen one in action to pass judgement. u ok dave

Hi mate i am ok what about you. i use a tap on the end of the pole yes the loop dose give me agrow but i can live with that the only thing i felt with the aquadapter is the weight i bought a light pole slx the last thing i want to do is add weight too it. when the pole starts to ware with the aquadapter on the end it will cause more strain on the pole sections so for that reason I,m out.
dave

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 11:44:32 pm »
Hi wellclean,

great bit of kit, but many times with pole extended the water wont turn on or wont turn off
That shouldn't happen, please contact us through the order messaging system, or send us an email so that we can help you sort it out.

Paul

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 02:55:42 pm »
im very happy with mine now ive got used to it.its great that i havent got a loop of hose at the bottom of my pole.their pole hose is fantastic and it doesnt twist inside the pole.all in all i think its a great bit of kit.

i personally cant see it lasting more than 12 months though.i also think they are way too expensive.with vat and delivery( it was £70+).they should be around £35.i think a lot more window cleaners would try them if they were cheaper.

Couldnt agree more with your last words...I am not shy about spending on decent nescascary kit. but this is A..NOT NESCASCARY and B..TOO EXSPENSIVE! £30 tops is what i would pay for something like that.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

steven ainger

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 03:02:48 pm »
i have a mk2 a/d and it works fine, where as when i had the mk1 it kept sticking.
 but through all the feedback i have read on the a/d, i think most people like it, but most agree it needs to be slightly cheaper and alot lighter,
 so please mr aqua-dapter, get the design team on to this and make it lighter pleeeeease.

edward1

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 03:24:49 pm »
jonboy,

that made me laugh .
you should try a bit of yoga to loosen you up a bit ;)

i"llgo with your sugestion tosh and gove it a miss .you kno waht your talking about ;)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 04:16:12 pm »
we ok here dave just got soaked on a gutter clean. chucked it down here. as i see it adding weight to the pole specially at the top end will put strain on the pole down the long run.

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »
Why bother with something you did not have before and if it is just to turn on and off water well the simpliest way is to use a tap at end of hose reel connector to your pole then you will be able to turn it on and off and regulate flow too.. ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »

i"llgo with your sugestion tosh and gove it a miss .you kno waht your talking about ;)

It's the easiest way and no messing around.  It's quicker to work like this too because it's easier to extend and shorten the pole.

It may take a little bit of practise to get used too; I don't know; I've done it for that many years it's second nature to me.  Easier and simpler than a tap at the end of your pole hose too - no bending down!

But I like to rest the bottom section of the pole on the ground and shorten the pole (you can use both hands, so it's quicker) and physically takes less effort to do (and I like less effort).

And if you want to stick something that makes life a lot easier at the top of your pole, buy one of these flip fasts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_axwGwCDCg

They are the bees nees; the cat's whiskers; the panda's pyjamas; a good bit of kit.  

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 05:29:58 pm »
Hi Steven,

i have a mk2 a/d and it works fine, where as when i had the mk1 it kept sticking.
 but through all the feedback i have read on the a/d, i think most people like it, but most agree it needs to be slightly cheaper and alot lighter,
 so please mr aqua-dapter, get the design team on to this and make it lighter pleeeeease.
The weight of the Aqua-dapter has always been a consideration for us.  It's only been recently that we've noticed it being mentioned as a negative point, as most users have said they hardly notice it, and loads of our customers use the very light CL-X and SL-X poles.  When using a heavier pole, then I doubt it would be noticed.

Please bear in mind that it's only just over 200g in total.  I've just done a couple of comparisons, 200g is about the weight of a small weekly newspaper (Chronicle) or my Finepix compact camera (which is really small).

This small weight only really becomes an issue when you're working extended and at an angle.  When vertical or on the glass, the weight is hardly noticeable. 

However, I'm not minimizing this, we are always looking at options to make the product lighter, but we also have to balance strength and durability against any reduction in weight.

The Aqua-dapter was designed, and is still being developed, by a Window Cleaner not "by committee", to make his working day easier and more profitable.

Re the price; of course, if we could reduce it, we would sell more.  However, we didn't want to compromise on the quality of the product, or the customer service, which is why we decided to use premium quality materials and a 12 month guarantee.

The bundle also includes a Screw Thread Adapter, Push-fit connector and 10m of our hose, which also gets a lot of positive comments.

In addition to the costs of manufacture and development, there are also many other overheads to consider for a small UK based manufacturing business, particularly as we want to be able to give each individual customer excellent customer service.  Rather than "piling high and selling cheap", perhaps having to use materials we weren't comfortable with and only being able to offer a short guarantee and basic after-sales service, we wanted to be able to make sure that everyone who buys an Aqua-dapter is looked after.

People work in different ways, so I respect Tosh's preference to have the hose on the outside (do you like the hose we supply Tosh?), but it's still the case that the majority of negative comments we read are from people who've never used or seen an Aqua-dapter.  Of course, we can't hope to convince everyone, but I'll keep trying ;)

Why bother with something you didn't have before?   Well, any new product takes some getting used to, but if it can save you water (even between windows), or save you bending down and searching for an inline tap, then you can be more profitable either by reducing costs, or by fitting in more jobs in the working day with the extra water available.  One customer tells us he is saving 150 - 200 litres a day, and has now bought an Aqua-dapter for each of his 5 poles.

We were winners of the Window Cleaning Category and Overall Winners of the Innovation Awards at the Cleaning Show, so hopefully we're doing something right! :)

If anyone has any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Paul

steven ainger

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 05:42:21 pm »
Thanks for your informative reply,
 I'm not knocking the a/d, as I use it everyday on my 18ft sly.
You say the weight is minimal at about 200 g but it's the difference between using a gardiners sl brush and a vikan sill brush.
As I said previously I do like the product but would like it half the weight.

david washbrook

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 05:45:00 pm »
i have a brand new 1 still in the box mk2 but carnt fit it to my carbon goose neck

so a/d do you have an attatchment for this

thanks

Lee GLS

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 05:48:05 pm »
they have an adapter on their website for this?

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 05:58:03 pm »
Hi, yes we have this on the site.

Is everyone else getting notified of replies, or is this feature broken? Did the new button and 'mark as read' features ever get fixed? I noticed today that 'Insert Quote' didn't work either :-(

Paul

david washbrook

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 06:08:51 pm »
yes seen these but it says still in production also i carnt see how the a/d will clamp to pole as the top of pole has a quick release clamp and the a/d wont fit into this

Tom White

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 06:43:28 pm »
as most users have said they hardly notice it,

I definitely noticed the difference in weight, and I'm about 13-and-a-half stone, so not exactly underweight myself.  Wor Lass noticed the difference too.

And Dazmond noticed the difference in weight also.

Maybe it's more pronounced when you use a SLX, I don't know, but when I took it off the pole, and started working without the aqua dapter, it was a bit like taking off a tight pair of shoes; the pole just felt so much better to use.

200 grams sounds very little, and if you held it in your hand it would feel light.  But at the end of an 18 foot pole it does make a noticeable difference.

Maybe I'm getting old, and for younger/fitter lads the weight poses no problems?