jonboywalton75

Should i shell out for an aqua dapter?
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:43 pm »
I've been thinking of getting an aqua dapter and just wondered whether it would be good on my SLX 22.
i've loved using my SLX as it's so light and rigid compared to my CLX 27, which i was using as an everyday pole.
I heard Dazmond say it felt heavy on his SLX and just wondered if putting an extra 200 grams on the end of my pole was a good move.
The big benefit for me would be to untether (is that a word?) from my holster and tap and then get rid of the loop of pole hose and use the microbore as pole hose.
It's so frustrating at the mo when the pole hose gets twisted round the microbore, i feel it would speed me up once again, i'm already like lightning ;D
Any thoughts Guys?

Lee GLS

Re: Should i shell out for an aqua dapter?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 08:01:17 pm »
It does add weight and will make your slx feel heavier, but having an aqua dapter is more beneficial imho.

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »
I bought two of 'em and will be sending them back; I didn't like them.  They took the lightness out of the SLX; it was noticeably different and nicer to work with, with the aqua dapter removed from the pole.

I find it quicker to work with an external pole hose and just 'nip' the pole hose when you want to turn your water on or off.  It's like having a free and easy control anywhere you can grab a bit of hose.

It's also easier and quicker to extend or shorten your SLX with an external pole hose.

Unfortunately, the yellow pole hose that comes with the SLX is naff at being able to stop the flow of water when it's nipped, so you need to get some decent quality pole hose (the red stuff on e-bay will do) to work this way.

It also has the added benefit that you can remove your brush head very easily and work with just that, when space is tight.

Panorama

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »
I've got one and I think they're brill. I used to have a inline tap which was an absolute nightmare, used to snag on everything. Go for it , you won't regret it.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:17:28 pm »
I've got one and I think they're brill. I used to have a inline tap which was an absolute nightmare, used to snag on everything. Go for it , you won't regret it.

Yeah it's the inline tap that's doin me head in.
Cheers for all thoughts so far. :)

Slash

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 08:17:37 pm »
Just have a tap at the end of your hosereel ,that way it works with all poles :D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 08:23:31 pm »
Just have a tap at the end of your hosereel ,that way it works with all poles :D

I like to be able to stop the water easily, i'm 54 so bending down is not an option ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:53:17 pm »
jon move the tap to yr brush head
y piece end of pole hose
easy peasy m8 ;D ;D
and simple to do
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

SPE

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 10:10:32 pm »
no, do as slash says
tap on end of pole hose, keeps it simple
I dont smash mine up by dragging it on ground, I walk with it to furthest point and then hang it from a lanyard around my neck with a carbina. Just as easy to reach and turn on and off use with any pole at a fraction of the cost.

we could all go on spending and splashing out cash on our systems but at the end of the day we just clean windows.

boshravie

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 10:14:23 pm »
We had one which they replaced once, because the MK 1 type wouldn’t fit on our SLX and then when they send the second one MK 2 it worked for 6 months or so, and a crack  appeared on the side of it  and they wouldn’t replace it any more, so in my opinion they are not worth the money.

james stanley

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 10:47:44 pm »
I have one on the end of my glyder pole and it is true it does make the pole feel heavier, however it is really an excellent way to turn the water on and off, I would really miss using one but it would be great if they invented a carbon fiber aqua dapter.

GoodFella2006

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 11:25:50 pm »
Setting up a remote control to start and stop the pump would be better than an aqudapter i reckon.

We have to close so many upstair windows with our pole by pushing,tapping even slamming.

I don't think that would do any good to aquadapter.

Anyone using a good range remote control?

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »
I've been thinking of getting an aqua dapter and just wondered whether it would be good on my SLX 22.
i've loved using my SLX as it's so light and rigid compared to my CLX 27, which i was using as an everyday pole.
I heard Dazmond say it felt heavy on his SLX and just wondered if putting an extra 200 grams on the end of my pole was a good move.
The big benefit for me would be to untether (is that a word?) from my holster and tap and then get rid of the loop of pole hose and use the microbore as pole hose.
It's so frustrating at the mo when the pole hose gets twisted round the microbore, i feel it would speed me up once again, i'm already like lightning ;D
Any thoughts Guys?

jonboy, to answer your question: YES...........untether is a word. I don`t have a clue about the aqua adapter though  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TLC

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:36 pm »
Get one! It made my clx 22 a little more head heavy, but you soon get used to that, n it saves alot of time effort and water in the long run imo.

TLC

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 08:11:12 am »
im very happy with mine now ive got used to it.its great that i havent got a loop of hose at the bottom of my pole.their pole hose is fantastic and it doesnt twist inside the pole.all in all i think its a great bit of kit.

i personally cant see it lasting more than 12 months though.i also think they are way too expensive.with vat and delivery( it was £70+).they should be around £35.i think a lot more window cleaners would try them if they were cheaper.
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 10:07:25 am »
jon move the tap to yr brush head
y piece end of pole hose
easy peasy m8 ;D ;D
and simple to do

Don't u find it annoying not being able to stop the flow when yr pole is extended., Gav.
Ive only got a 350 ltr tank, so I don't like to waste water

the bfg

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 10:11:49 am »
do what ever you want,    its your life but dont come crying to me if it all goes pear shaped  :D

Slash

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 02:58:55 pm »
You can get tap holsters to fit on your belt,thats where mine is,you don't have to bend down to turn the water off!
As for a tap at the brush head :o :o :o :o :o ???...WTF.............!!!
I can see you turning the flow off at 2nd and 3rd story buildings!!!!!!!!!! ???

dave.e

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 04:06:47 pm »
the aquadapter is a good bit of kit but wait till the winter then your all be taking them off trust me

Lee GLS

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 04:26:43 pm »
Why will you remove it in the winter?