BORBRYCE

But I bet you would if I let you!
From behind only, f ook lookin at that puss on the job.
Your wfp woes, I dunno, if ever someone made a simple job complicated it was Tosh. Alex Gardiner post is probably the best to refer too.
Good luck.

mci services

Man u ugly.

But I bet you would if I let you!  ;)

So, because I've taken the wires off the pressure switch, that little screw thing is pointless now?  That makes sense because I've screwed it in, and screwed it out, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

So, it's just the calibration of the flow controllers that I've got to sort out?

yes if you disconnected the pressure switch there is no point turning it any direction as it will do nothing,

by the way my advice would be go tank- pump- hose- pole no controller or by pass ;)

Lee GLS

What's it doing when you put it in auto cal mode?

Tom White

What's it doing when you put it in auto cal mode?

It doesn't go into auto cal mode.  

I'm to connect hose and brush to the pump and turn on the controller by pressing the up or down button.  Then keep the up or down button pressed till "30" is in the display.

Then I'm to press and hold "Up" and "Enter" together to go into calibration.  "Cal" is shown on the display, but then it goes different to the instructions.  The instructions say I'm to press "Down" to select Autocal, then enter to start, but Autocal doesn't appear in the display.  I get "C30" and if I keep on pushing up or down I get a number prefixed with the letter "C"; which I think is manual calibration.

I'll do a youtube and show you tomorrow!  ;D

Lee GLS

After you push up and enter together the it says cal, you then need to push the down button so the number goes down untill you see auto, then hit enter with your flow on and it will do the auto cal

Tom White

After you push up and enter together the it says cal, you then need to push the down button so the number goes down untill you see auto, then hit enter with your flow on and it will do the auto cal

I'll do that tomorrow, thanks, Lee; in fact sod it, I'll go and do it now.  ;D

Lee GLS

Oh and once the auto cal is done hit enter to save the setting

Tom White

Done!  Simple! ( :-[).

Thanks, Lee, you're brilliant too!  ;D

Tom White

I'm really looking forward to getting to work on Tuesday now; I wasn't prior to sorting this out since Thursday was a complete nightmare.

Thanks everyone; this is a brilliant forum.

Lee GLS

Tom White

by the way my advice would be go tank- pump- hose- pole no controller or by pass ;)

Wor Lass couldn't work like that; not yet anyway. 

groundhog

Thats exactly what I said!! by far the easiest way to work and far less that can go wrong... I can't understand why you all seem to want to make something so simple.. so very complicated!!!!!!  ::)

Londoner

Tosh, This may be a red herring but hear me out and disregard if you think its rubbish.

You are using 1/2" hose. The flow of water through that amount of hose is incredibly slow. Air gets trapped at the top of each loop on your reel and the flow of water is insufficient to flush the air round the loops.

When I first started on wfp about 4-5 years ago a very knowledgeable person (who we all know) who gave me a lot of advise said use microbore otherwise you will always have trouble with airlocks. I followed that and have never had 1/2" tube so I cant say whether it is true.

A lot of the vans I see around have yellow hose but I think they are hard plumbed in.

dd

As far as I am aware all the professionally installed systems - Ionics, Pure Freedom, Aquafactors etc all use !/2 inch hose.

Londoner

Thats right but they are also hard plumbed in which I don't like and is an inefficient method of working for domestics because you have to physically drag the hose all the way to the back of the houses each time. OK for commercials but not for houses snagging on dustbins and knocking over plantpots.
Besides, my microbore is now well into its 4th year and still as good as new, dirty but still OK. Who can say that with 1/2" I'm comvinced they only fit that stuff on new installations because it cheap,

dave0123

Thats right but they are also hard plumbed in which I don't like and is an inefficient method of working for domestics because you have to physically drag the hose all the way to the back of the houses each time. OK for commercials but not for houses snagging on dustbins and knocking over plantpots.
Besides, my microbore is now well into its 4th year and still as good as new, dirty but still OK. Who can say that with 1/2" I'm comvinced they only fit that stuff on new installations because it cheap,

what do you mean by hard plumbed in? my system uses all 1/2 hose on the system from tank to pump to Di to hose reel then onto microbore from them on.. thats how i thought all systems ran?

I have used 1/2 hose on the reel for a year or 2 its REALLY HEAVY!! lol
Dave.

Tom White

You are using 1/2" hose. The flow of water through that amount of hose is incredibly slow. Air gets trapped at the top of each loop on your reel and the flow of water is insufficient to flush the air round the loops.

I'm now using tricoflex from tank to pump to reels, and on my reels I've got microbore.  Are you mistaken in thinking that I'm using garden type hose on my hose reels?

♠Winp®oClean♠

1/2" up to your reel is just fine. If you used 8mm instead of 6mm on your reel you'd have far less issues! ;)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

tosh mate you are putting a load of pressure on one pump mate. why not have two pumps and one controller and a splinter after them.

Tom White

tosh mate you are putting a load of pressure on one pump mate. why not have two pumps and one controller and a splinter after them.

It's all sorted now.  Two pumps, two pump controllers.  The problem was that I had positioned the pumps too high which was creating air locks, and - due to my inexperience - I didn't know if it was the pumps, the airlocks, my hose, or the pump controllers messing me about.

It also worked perfectly as a one-man set up with a high pump, but when I added a second pump, it messed me about.

Anyway it's all sorted now; I just lowered the pumps as low as I can (to the floor) and it works brilliantly.  I'm very pleased with it.  I'm also pleased it buggered me about, since I tried various set ups and I know which I prefer (pumps with flow controllers).

The real test will be at work tomorrow, but I'm confident it'll all be okay.