Tom White

Here's my latest experiment; Has anyone any tips (and chucking a load of petrol into the back of my van and having done with it would be considered as a tip):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JecGppAYlfE

But I don't like it.  It doesn't work as smoothly as I'd like it too, my pump runs all the time, my hoses seem to be under a lot of pressure too.

I'm considering going back to the electronic flow controllers and giving them another chance.

It is doing my 'ead in!  :P

Pope vader

is it both or just one pump that is playing up

Gav Camm lammy 283

tosh seems crazy all them spliters
n valves m8
 i run one pump one controller to a reel
im putting in another pump and controller
to run another reel .
from tank all you need is from outlet yeah
a tee piece to connect each pump
then run fr pumps to yr di s
out of di s to your reels ????
forget all that fannying around returning
water to tank etc , when you running of one pump
the pump is going full pelt
and when 1 of you turns pole off
the other pole will be too high ,  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Pope vader

go back to 1 pump, 1 controller,  and but a spliter to go after the pump

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_FIT_TAP_DUALSHUT.html

the feed to each reel   this should sort you probs out

Gav Camm lammy 283

take system apart connect first pump
let the water flow through
then connect di then reel
cant understand how your
getting all them air locks????
you might be better off sourcing
an upright tank

Frankybadboy

tosh

you need to keep it simple mate.start again BASICS

one pipe out off tank one y spiltter to both pumps.keep pumps low to the floor and filters faceing downwards.

tosh i had flat tank and makes no diffenece,keep simple trust me.

plus with my varisteams i got a job to hear both pumps,sound like yours is going to blow up,running at full pelt

groundhog

why not just have two pumps fitted with pressure switches?

Alex Gardiner

I would agree with a  lot of the comments already made (they were made whilst I was watching your video!).

Your set-up is just far too complicated. There is no need for a bypass and no need for flow restrictor.

The reason that you probably had problems with your original set-up was because your pumps were mounted too high this would lead to air-locks on the system.

Using the equipment you already own this is what I would recommend:

1. Hose out of tank into a 2 way splitter feeding each pump.
2. 2 pumps mounted low to the floor (pressure switch end almost touching the floor. Best if mounted on a panel that you can move - as if you mount the pumps this close to the floor on the side of the van you will have to un-mount them if you need to work on them or adjust the pressure switch etc.)
3. Make sure that the water connections feeding each pump have no air-leaks (very important, you will not see the leak, but the pump will not work as well.  Use PTFE tape on every screw thread connection pre-pump and tighten all jubilee clips well.)
4. Re-wire a Varistream to each pump. Make sure the connections are all good.
5. Prime system with water and start off with the flow on each Varistream at maximum.

Once you have re-built your system you will then need to adjust the shut-off settings on each Varistream so that when you turn off a pole it shuts off promptly. This will be possible to do if you have set the system up as above.

Gav Camm lammy 283

a perfect answer off alex
i just cud nt explain it as easily as
i was typing it thanks alex  ;) ;)

dave0123

the flow control tap needs to be on the return to tank not on the hose that goes to reels
Dave.

H S and Son

I can see your problem Tosh, its that big booger up your left nostril. Get rid of that and your pumps will work fine  8)

Tom White

I can see your problem Tosh, its that big booger up your left nostril. Get rid of that and your pumps will work fine  8)

It's picked!  I don't eat mine though; that's minging.

Anyway, whilst you lot have been trying to help me, I've been fannying about with pump controllers and pumps and set it back up; and it still doesn't work properly.

I think, going by Alex's helpful post that my pumps are too high from the ground; I've done another vid showing that I can get one pump going perfectly - as in plumbed for a one-man set up - but when I put a T peice in and add another pump/flow controller, it all goes pear shaped.

Anyway, I've got some pumps to lower; that seems to make sense.

Sigh.

;D

Thanks guys.

Your welcome - ps, your vid did my head in.

Tom White

Your welcome - ps, your vid did my head in.

Not as much as it did my 'ead in!  I'm ruddy sick of jubilee clips, stanley knives and cutting hose.

Anyway, thanks all - it appears to work pretty well now I've lowered the pumps right to the floor.  Whew!!!  It's amazing how something so simple can bugger me about so much!  And it won't be a common problem, since my system worked no problem - as a one man set up - with a pumps in a high position; it was only when I added another pump it messed me about.

Thanks again; in particular to Alex!

============================================

I've now got to calibrate the system, but what happens on one of the dials doesn't go in accordance with what should happen according to the instructions and the pump doesn't seem to turn off very quickly when I stop the flow of water by nipping the hose.  Or is this something to do with the pressure switch (which I assume is the little funny shaped screw thing in the nose of the plastic bit?)?

I guess this is tomorrow's job to sort out. ;D

DaveG

Absolutely shocking !!!!!!!!!

I thought that was Tosh in his profile pic!
You can't polish a turd

Dave Willis

I feel sick!

Yes, I would agree with Alex.
Pumps don't like air and air will cock up the varistream sensing too. Use the least amount of hoselock connectors as possible, use jubilee clips if you can. Start the pumps on max flow on varistream to purge all the air bubbles in the system.

After a while you get to know the sound of the pumps and will recognise the knocking sound of air in the pump.

Also check to see if you indeed need a pressure switch at all with your controllers - Varistreams run with them disconnected.

BORBRYCE

Have you read your Varistream instructions? Shureflow pumps have to have the wires pulled of the pressure switch, these controllers are designed to bypass the switch. They still work but play up something terrible.

Man u ugly.

Tom White

Man u ugly.

But I bet you would if I let you!  ;)

So, because I've taken the wires off the pressure switch, that little screw thing is pointless now?  That makes sense because I've screwed it in, and screwed it out, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

So, it's just the calibration of the flow controllers that I've got to sort out?

Lee GLS

Haven't you got one varistream and one digital controller from the cleaning warehouse? Which one are you having problems with? You don't need the pressure switch, the digital one from TCW has an auto cal which sets the flow and pressure so that you get continuous water flow, and stops the pump as soon as you stop the water flow, and starts the pump as soon as you start the flow again.

Tom White

Haven't you got one varistream and one digital controller from the cleaning warehouse? Which one are you having problems with? You don't need the pressure switch, the digital one from TCW has an auto cal which sets the flow and pressure so that you get continuous water flow, and stops the pump as soon as you stop the water flow, and starts the pump as soon as you start the flow again.

Thanks, Lee, it's the Cleaning Warehouse one that's giving me problems.  It doesn't go into auto calibration mode, as it should, according to the instructions.  I'll play with it again tomorrow, and if that doesn't work, I'll give CW a call on Tuesday.

The Varistream works a treat, stopping and starting the flow so the water comes out continuously.