« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 09:34:02 pm »
I like that slogan Dai has on his profile

"You havent failed until youve quit"
Guest Cleaning Services

windiewasher

Re: Hopes and Ambitions 2011
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:03 pm »
i was taking the wee wee
i don't buy doom and gloom but what i will tell you is im going to make my wife and daughter very proud of me!
This year im going to work my backside off building one of a few very good businesses!
i never read or take anything in the papers say.
 If you want to succeed you do your best to make it happen!
Its your future,now make it!

Just undercut you can get loads of custys that way  :D
Another way  to get custys if u are wfp is send leaflets around that say health and safety have banned ladders
Easy.

yeah great idea until a mob off windys break your legs for putting them out of buissness and with broken legs they will have the work your be jobless  ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

ronnie paton

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:47 pm »
to get through the next three months............one step at a time at the moment.

Danny Guest

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 10:00:00 pm »
to get through the next three months............one step at a time at the moment.

All the best ronnie, hope you get back on your feet soon

Danny
Guest Cleaning Services

mikecam

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 10:50:41 pm »

I am hoping to take it to a national level, this year is just a pilot,

Arn't we all? In the meantime, if you happen to get a load of work in Liverpool for me feel free to give me a shout. Never to proud to admit i obviously couldn't canvass for toffee !!!
 Give me a few tips first though, shirt and tie, southern accent ?!!!!!   ;D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 11:00:44 pm »
I need inspiring. Only the fittest, cleverest and most nimble are going to survive next year.It's the bleakest outlook for eighty years and this slump is going to take some busting.So how do we do it? What have you got up your sleeve?

There's price, volume and quality, and of course if you've got a special trick that makes you unique, then that too.It's simple enough on the face of it, but what are you going to do to knock 2011 out of the ground?
for someone whos 3 years in front of us all  ;D
where theres muck theres money

Leeroy

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »
i am looking to franchise my business in 2011 for which I am almost ready. In addition to that I have my secret project x to launch online in april helping us as well as other window cleaners in surrey and sussex gain new customers in a way thats totally new to the industry.

I am all ears tell me more. I am just starting out and from Crawley.

Email me or give me an email to contact you.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 12:05:19 am »
my email is info@pryors-uk.com
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 08:05:43 am »
Increase your prices by 20 %

if you are running at 60% profit and turnover £50 k

If you keep all your customers your profits will increase by 33 %

ie you have gone from £30k PROFIT to £40K PROFIT overnight.

There are no additional costs with this price increase.

if you lose customers, which i doubt,  you will be still quids in with more time on your hands, its a bold move, but we are doing it right now, perfect time to do it.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:14 am »
Increase your prices by 20 %

if you are running at 60% profit and turnover £50 k

If you keep all your customers your profits will increase by 33 %

ie you have gone from £30k PROFIT to £40K PROFIT overnight.

There are no additional costs with this price increase.

if you lose customers, which i doubt,  you will be still quids in with more time on your hands, its a bold move, but we are doing it right now, perfect time to do it.

good luck dave i am having a big rise too

i though the same.... if you always worry about losing custies you will never build a business that you want
im more than happy to lose some and spend time replacing with better work!!

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 09:37:48 am »
There is time when this forum is a great service to its members and there are times its not. This thread is one of them. Economic down turn is 90% in your mind fanned on by the media which does our country no good. Get out there and work, find new customers, get the money is and stop all this negativity your cannot plan for it, you can only work through it for those feeling down and as if the world is on top of you ,go see the doctor and get some help.
A key to coming through any year is don’t read news papers or watch the T V news and for God sake don’t read treads like this. Only mix with positive people. I lived through South African sanction time and it was a lot worse than we have now, believe me. Negativity is like a rash it will consume you and take over your mind. Then you will really be stuffed.
Many people will not like what I have said but I am not prepared to sugar coat every thing we need to know. Get tuff  and get out there and" MAKE IT HAPPEN." ??? ???

andy1975

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 10:39:29 am »
ive got a nice little sideline of dog breeding.had a litter last year and now have 2 bulldogs ready again,and 2 chihuahuas later this year and looking to buy more,this will be more fulltime and glass cleaning partime in the next couple of years.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 10:53:21 am »
Andy

My unit is next to a chap who does this big time. He doesn't half shift dogs!!!!

He has a massive farm in Thailand, just spent £35000.00 on his front garden and has a few vehicles.

One of the nicest blokes you would want to meet.

Rob ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 03:08:39 pm »
Slumpy, a lot of my customers lean out of the upstairs window when I turn up and shout "Bog Off!.
Do you think they are asking for 'buy one get one free?'
I've never even considered it might be a marketing ploy they are referring too  ???

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 04:18:44 pm »
I need inspiring. Only the fittest, cleverest and most nimble are going to survive next year.It's the bleakest outlook for eighty years and this slump is going to take some busting.So how do we do it? What have you got up your sleeve?

There's price, volume and quality, and of course if you've got a special trick that makes you unique, then that too.It's simple enough on the face of it, but what are you going to do to knock 2011 out of the ground?
for someone whos 3 years in front of us all  ;D

And has a secret strategy that gains him as many customers as he likes! ??? ;D

Ian101

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 05:03:56 pm »
There is time when this forum is a great service to its members and there are times its not. This thread is one of them. Economic down turn is 90% in your mind fanned on by the media which does our country no good. Get out there and work, find new customers, get the money is and stop all this negativity your cannot plan for it, you can only work through it for those feeling down and as if the world is on top of you ,go see the doctor and get some help.
A key to coming through any year is don’t read news papers or watch the T V news and for God sake don’t read treads like this. Only mix with positive people. I lived through South African sanction time and it was a lot worse than we have now, believe me. Negativity is like a rash it will consume you and take over your mind. Then you will really be stuffed.
Many people will not like what I have said but I am not prepared to sugar coat every thing we need to know. Get tuff  and get out there and" MAKE IT HAPPEN." ??? ???

thats about it in a nutshell ... well said that man !  ;)

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 07:34:35 pm »
Thanks Ian it the first time sime one has agreed with me on this forum.

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 07:59:58 pm »
Saying the down turn is a media invention couldn't be further from the truth.The word slump is more feared than the f word, and it is studiously avoided.The closest anyone comes is to say they wish to avoid a double dip recession.

You may remember when things were a bit better, there was a twin or even multi track economy.This meant that we had a housing boom for instance and low interest rates, but some things like employment in the north of england weren't so good; manufacturing was in decline, but the service industry was taking up the slack.Lots of other things factor in such as an ageing population.

It's all very well putting up taxes but if no one works, or spends, revenues fall, and benefit payouts mount.

Are you saying that ireland, greece, spain, and us are not in a fix? It's just slumpy starting a thread on a wc'ing forum and making it all up?

Try getting a mortgage wizkid, even better, try getting a job if you think there isn't a problem.If not, then you could do worse than listen to some of the people on here who recognise the true situation and plan on doing something about it.

Dave Willis

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 08:18:24 pm »
All well and good but what can you do about it? Not much really apart from targeting cash rich retired types or be a busy fool with a large round and low prices It only needs the interest rate to shoot right up it will wipe out all your younger customers anyway.
I did wonder this morning what would actually happen if the media were to shut up about it. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad.

On a different note, one of my custys runs a heating/plumbing business and was totally knackered over the Christmas period with call outs, he said one company was charging £170 per call out.
So the answer might be - get a job where the customer is desperate to have you instead of a luxury service.

G Griffin

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »
World peace.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐