Nameless Drudge

Re: does pure water?
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 08:34:24 pm »
Seems to me that carbonic acid is only theoretical. C02 plus water creates carbonic acid but carbonic acid plus water produces C02 plus water. So you only need one molecule of water to mix with carbonic acid to create a chain reaction as more and more water is produced.

I've hesitated to say this until now: I don't know where you're getting your information from on this but whoever is telling you this is completely, totally and utterly wrong in every factual respect. Carbonic acid plus water produces more dilute carbonic acid (which is slightly less acidic).  It does not produce CO2 plus water.  Adding water to carbonic acid cannot create a "chain reaction" of any type under any circumstances.  The only time CO2 will be released is if the amount dissolved in the water is greater than the equilibrium amount in solution given atmospheric pressure and the atmospheric proportion of CO2.  (I'm assuming here that we're talking about water that has not been injected with CO2, of course.  All of this is scientifically factual, not a matter of opinion.

Vin

So all water is carbonic acid then?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 09:00:27 pm »
Seems to me that carbonic acid is only theoretical. C02 plus water creates carbonic acid but carbonic acid plus water produces C02 plus water. So you only need one molecule of water to mix with carbonic acid to create a chain reaction as more and more water is produced.

I've hesitated to say this until now: I don't know where you're getting your information from on this but whoever is telling you this is completely, totally and utterly wrong in every factual respect. Carbonic acid plus water produces more dilute carbonic acid (which is slightly less acidic).  It does not produce CO2 plus water.  Adding water to carbonic acid cannot create a "chain reaction" of any type under any circumstances.  The only time CO2 will be released is if the amount dissolved in the water is greater than the equilibrium amount in solution given atmospheric pressure and the atmospheric proportion of CO2.  (I'm assuming here that we're talking about water that has not been injected with CO2, of course.  All of this is scientifically factual, not a matter of opinion.

Vin

Er.... point me to anywhere in that paragraph of mine where I even hint that that might be the case.

Vin

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 09:05:52 pm »
NOTE TO SELF...do not get involved in scientific debate with sean brennan or perfect windows.  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

mci services

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2010, 09:08:14 pm »
NOTE TO SELF...do not get involved in scientific debate with sean brennan or perfect windows.  ;D
;D

I haven't the foggiest idea of what this all about ::)

dd

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »
Given up washing scrims in it as they get holey. Also stopped wearing cotton t-shirts as these tend to get holes in shoulder/chest area where they are splashed by the pure water.

This has pure water sounding dangerous, so i have tap water at 300 tds,what about people with very low tds tapwater,this must be near dangerous stuff.

Maybe there is cotton eating bacteria in it.(seriously).

Maybe your scrims and t-shirts were ready for retirement.
Happened to a few t-shirts, generally new and 1 brand new and some fairly new scrims.

If it was bacteria would expect it to happen to other cotton t-shirts etc. but only material that comes into contact with pure water, and in case of t-shirts the areas they tend to get a splashed by the pure H20.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 09:56:41 pm »

Vin

Er.... point me to anywhere in that paragraph of mine where I even hint that that might be the case.

Vin

I can only hazard a guess as to where your interpretation of the scientific facts became misleading and have now lost interest as i find my mind constantly reverting to the statement made earlier by my wife that we are getting through £9 of cheese a week .

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2010, 10:35:35 pm »
If somebody gave me a block of cheese for cleaning their windows i would be gutted.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2010, 11:45:54 pm »
someone got paid in meat for cleaning an awning last week lol, not slagging them off at all im sure they got more meat than what the money for the job would of bought.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 10:02:47 am »
Nay pure water don't ruin your clothes thats where and tear isn't it, as it's not acid is it lol, which defiantly would ruin your clothes and more