Wc Solutions

Re: mobile phones again ....
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 10:34:26 am »
well after starting the post ill finish it - after playing with the samsung galaxy s for a while now its very clear its far better than the htc desire and just a little of being on par with an i phone.

very good phone!

clarkson

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 04:33:05 pm »

Steve
 yeh i phone 4 on orange, had none of the much publicized signal problems.

cheers

john

wizclean

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 10:21:27 pm »
none of the phones mentioned can be used at the moment with window cleaning pro you need a windows phone and the best one for that is the htc hd2 .  its a shame wcp is available on android tech as windows phones are few and far between.

clarkson

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 08:47:19 am »

Hi Wizclean

yes i agree, i have trialed it twice, i got hold of a  used  palm pda from fleabay, good bit of kit really but the abcense (at the time ) of a debtors list on lite meant you would have to carry hard copy of the rounds with you as well. sort of defeats the purpose really. plus carrying phone, wallet and pda felt like carrying to pricks around all day.

dont understand why software companies make a mobile application that doesnt work of all platforms, except perhaps blackberry, as stated i understand it costs thousands for development licenses bit beyond small independents.

anyway this is someones thread about phones not wcp.

cheers

john

lee09

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 11:20:52 am »
just gone for samsung galaxy s - mainly because a got a good deal with orange.

Really?

A good deal from Orange?

Doubt it

Hi Form,
we have 4 orange phones in the family with £80 per month spend across them all.
I have one that is due an upgrade now and it currently offers 400 mins and unlimited texts for £18. per  month.
I have just taken a new deal on a Galaxy s phone where I now have unlimited land line calls, 200 any network mins, 800 texts, 15 picture messages and unlimited internet access all for £10.00 per month. Well happy (Well my daughter is) as I pay for her.
I had to pay £150 for the phone and enter into a new 2 year agreement.
I have mine and my other daughters phone available for upgrades this Wednesday.
Lee

dave.e

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 12:40:29 pm »
I to have 3 mobiles :o on orange mine is the iphone 3gs :) witch is 600 min 500 texts free landlines and internet

my sons samsung i8910hd 600 min unlimited text and internet

and my second phone is a nokia 5800 600 min unlimited text and landlines and internet

all for the price off wait for it  :o £86.00

kate1

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2010, 12:44:41 pm »
Yep there is alot of choice around

Spruce

Re: mobile phones again .... New
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2010, 01:40:08 pm »
any phone will do as long as its not a cheapo £15 one!as long as it as a speaker phone and i can ring/receive/text im not bothered!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

if you aint bothered then why even bother posting!!!!!!!!

good camera and video can really help for pricing large jobs.

email is a must for me! - works the same as a text, works really really well for any commercial jobs communication ....

Hi

Dazmond bothered posting because he is offering his experience and what phone he finds works great for him. A phone to Dazmond is a tool that he is happy with that will keep him in contact with his customers and a basic phone will do that. When he was talking about not buying a cheepo phone for £15.00, that was not to be taken literally - he used hyperbole to get the point across that a cheap phone may not last. For some a phone is a fashion statement.  I don't think having a fancy phone is going to make a customer think anymore of you than if you didn't.

I won't buy an expensive phone as I keep breaking the front screen somehow. I need something with a big screen because of my eyesight. I expect that 95% of all the window cleaners would fit into the same catagory that Dazmond and I do.

As for cloud computing, I recon that there maybe half a dozen window cleaning business that would find this useful, but in all due respect to Kate I doubt if they are members of this forum IMO.

Someone on here once said that the secret to a good window cleaning business is to keep things simple and thats true. Whilst I have nothing against new technology (after all I am now WFP) we can 'drown' ourselves with new gismos and loose the main focus of our business development. What I am trying to say is that we can spend hours and hours designing a really fancy leaflet to advertise our services, when we could put that time to more effective use and go knocking on customer's doors looking for business.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

kate1

Re: mobile phones again .... New
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 01:53:44 pm »
Hi Spruce

Of course everybody has their own point of view.

But people are asking about apps, so there has to be a "need" (Although, we are not an app)

But I suppose there does come a point, where you cant keep carrying round all different devices, cross platforming paperwork etc.

If there were no need, people would not raise the subject.

Its everybodys choice what they do without doubt, but having the facility there should you want to have different things built into your working life, surely that must be a bonus???  You dont have to use it - but to know its available Im sure would help.  Its about choice ultimately

Admittedly, we may be for the rounds who have 2 or more vans/staff/employees, but we here just to provide a service for people who want to manage their business, should they expand