kate1

Re: mobile phones again ....
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 08:14:08 am »
Gordons actually right guys.  Spot on.

Yep cloud computing thats the way technology moves on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_DKNwK_ms

awcs

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 09:32:56 am »
the cheaper the phone the better. I keep breaking them!!

kate1

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 11:23:43 am »
Yep, Toshiba, Sony and Samsung are now bringing tablets out,

clarkson

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 11:39:05 am »
email is a must for me! - works the same as a text, works really really well for any commercial jobs communication ....

I agree in this day and age you cannot afford not to have email on your phone in business.

Also more and more is being done over the net like midas, iam about to trial it i think via my iphone. so you need 3g and wifi as well.

cheers

john

kate1

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 12:19:52 pm »
yep its the way things are going, if you dont want to change, I think you will be left behind

Steve Lowe

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 01:43:00 pm »
I dont think cloud computing is the way forward.
We use Service Ceo and they have an internet version but its not for us. To me to let someone else have your business data is madness.
Also we had i phones for about a week last year and they went back. Reception and dropped calls were the problem so it was back to Blackberries for us.
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

kate1

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 04:12:45 pm »
No, data is backed up very securely. 

On a secure server behind a firewall and you have your own mySQL database.

Steve Lowe

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 04:32:08 pm »
Hi Kate

Just a few questions for you about cloud computing.

What would happen if i had my data stored in this way and the company went bust ?

What would happen if the company had an individuel who wanted to access someones data could they access it ?

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

www.lowescleaning.com

kate1

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 04:49:36 pm »
Encrypted data, using blowfish technology, if you google it.

With regards to going bust, everybody will ALWAYS have their data back, in a csv format.

We do not store, or allow you to store any credit card details within the system.

Data is password protected

john tomkins

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 06:31:42 pm »
No, data is backed up very securely. 

On a secure server behind a firewall and you have your own mySQL database.

I'm sure if the White House can be hacked then nothing's totally safe, admittedly window cleaning data isn't what hackers would be targetting, but nevertheless :o

kate1

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 06:38:11 pm »
All I can say John

Is we make the system as secure as we can.

As with everything in life theres always risks.

Nothing is 100% secure.  You can apply that to everything

kate1

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 08:03:54 pm »
"To me to let someone else have your business data is madness."

I understand the worries about that Steve

But its never "ours" its your data.  We just manage it, enabling efficiency.  Its all backed up on a very powerful server.

We dont even look at it, we just integrate it into our system, were a service provider.  Just like google.

Hope that helps

clarkson

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »

Hi
 Steve i know you run ceo but that is massively expensive upfront, and is quite complex.

As regards data many antivirus packages backup data to there server now incase of hard drive failure its standard practice, I dont think google or norton really would plan a hostile takeover of someones window cleaning round,all of our combined turnovers wouldnt cover there staffs coffee bill for the day. even if they where bothered one of there software engineers could crack your security  and read your hard drive right under your nose in five minutes flat if they really wanted to.

I agree though blackberry is the best business phone, but i phone is close now and i phone 4 doesnt have the probs 3 and 3gs had.

blackberry just doesnt have the apps though so iphone is streets ahead as an allrounder. with fat cold fingers i could type much quicker on qwerty on bb though.

cheers

john

Window Washers

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:34 pm »

Hi
 Steve i know you run ceo but that is massively expensive upfront, and is quite complex.

As regards data many antivirus packages backup data to there server now incase of hard drive failure its standard practice, I dont think google or norton really would plan a hostile takeover of someones window cleaning round,all of our combined turnovers wouldnt cover there staffs coffee bill for the day. even if they where bothered one of there software engineers could crack your security  and read your hard drive right under your nose in five minutes flat if they really wanted to.

I agree though blackberry is the best business phone, but i phone is close now and i phone 4 doesnt have the probs 3 and 3gs had.

blackberry just doesnt have the apps though so iphone is streets ahead as an allrounder. with fat cold fingers i could type much quicker on qwerty on bb though.

cheers

john
iphone 4 has loads of problems. Blackberry are now outdated, HTC is where its at  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve Lowe

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 11:31:45 pm »
Hi Ian

What HTC phone do you have ?
I have a new Touch Pro 2 sitting in the draw that i used for two weeks and it drove me nuts.
Mind you its got windows and you may have one of the others which i have heard are good.
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

www.lowescleaning.com

prestige cleaners

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 11:35:22 pm »
android software is great

Window Washers

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 01:25:05 am »
Hi Ian

What HTC phone do you have ?
I have a new Touch Pro 2 sitting in the draw that i used for two weeks and it drove me nuts.
Mind you its got windows and you may have one of the others which i have heard are good.
I have the HTC desire, it is a great add on to business
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

kate1

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 07:05:55 am »
Yes I have heard that the HTC phone is very good

clarkson

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 08:46:23 am »

Hi

I agree blackberry are playing catch up thats why i switched to i phone, after ten years on bb's. its just that all the software you would want to use is hardly ever supported for blackberry, its always i phone and pda on windows mobile.

I think blackberry messed up by not encouraging backroom programmers to develop software and apps with cheap licenses. They told me at window cleaner pro when i enquired that lite wasnt available for bb because of the prohibitive costs(20,000 dollars i think he said)

I just wanted to say I havnt had a single issue with the iphone since launch and reception is better than my bold 9700.

i cant comment on htc never used one.

john

Steve Lowe

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 08:52:55 am »
Hi John

Is your i phone a 4 ? and what network are you on ?
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

www.lowescleaning.com