richywilts

Re: Cleaning road signs.
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2010, 07:43:04 pm »
Thanks for all the positive replies its appreciated. As for the doubters that have had their say. Your quite entitled to voice your opinion that's what the forums here for. I've been wc for 23 years so I have no reason to lie. Fact is I'm always looking at other ideas that I could put into practice using wfp because sometimes just cleaning windows gets a little boring. So isn't it a good thing to do other things from time to time?
Rant over!!

can u clear up whether it is £5 per sign per clean please so we know what to price at if we get the work in our given areas cheers richy
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2010, 07:52:18 pm »
Ahh just looked at the rest of the threads and my luck is out.

What is the web address mate...
http://www.highways.gov.uk/
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 08:27:54 pm »
cheers mate  ;D ;D
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

dmlservices

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2010, 10:34:55 pm »
this is a wind up lads, no way would they pay to have them cleaned every 2 mths, and have you any idea how many signs are in a 40 mile radius of where he lives?

nice try ;D ;D ;D

daz
Believe what you like mate. I thrive on proving people like you wrong. So when I get time I'll ask my worker to take some pictures of me in action cleaning signs. Jealousy get you knowhere mate. ::)

i ain't jealous mate , just seems to good to be true, 40 mile radius would see you cleaning signs by me , when these are cleaned by a large national , who also clean the bus shelter.

daz

John Walker

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »
I've just won a contract with the Highways agency to clean all the road signs in my area excluding motorways and dual carriage ways of course. It works out to about £5 per sign every two months.
Does anyone else do this kind of work?

when u say £5 per sign is that over the course of the contract say 12 months as it seems a lot of money for each clean and as people think its a wind up i think this could be what u meant so say for example 400 road signs cleaned 6 times a year at £5 brings in £2000 extra per annum

On the other hand - if it is £5 per clean - I make that £12,000 p.a !!!!!
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

John Walker

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2010, 11:33:14 pm »
Thanks for all the positive replies its appreciated. As for the doubters that have had their say. Your quite entitled to voice your opinion that's what the forums here for. I've been wc for 23 years so I have no reason to lie. Fact is I'm always looking at other ideas that I could put into practice using wfp because sometimes just cleaning windows gets a little boring. So isn't it a good thing to do other things from time to time?
Rant over!!

can u clear up whether it is £5 per sign per clean please so we know what to price at if we get the work in our given areas cheers richy

Ditto - this makes a massive difference.

John Walker

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2010, 11:34:49 pm »
I've just won a contract with the Highways agency to clean all the road signs in my area excluding motorways and dual carriage ways of course. It works out to about £5 per sign every two months.
Does anyone else do this kind of work?

Well done and good luck   :)    - just goes to show - there's always something else in the pipeline if we take the trouble to look for it.

Klean07

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 08:36:28 am »
Rant over!!

It works out to £20 per square mile. Also its just the main roads that have to be done every two months. Side roads etc every 6 months.
Hope this clears things for you mate.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

poles apart

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 03:04:12 pm »
I asked our local council years ago about doing this and they laughed! Said they do it themselves but most around me are unreadable!
Rod