afssm123

Re: Cleaning road signs.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 03:59:14 pm »
Hi. Could I have a copy of the letter too. mightyhatter@yahoo.co.uk thanks

niceandclean

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 04:02:48 pm »
On the A14 i have seen many times,  the Incident Unit vans ( which i am sure are managed by the Highways Agency) cleaning the signs with a WFP.

forestwindows

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 04:34:34 pm »
any chance of a copy of the letter drevitt@ntlworld.com thanks mate sounds brilliant idea.

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 05:30:57 pm »
could you send me a copy of letter too please to richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk

cheers good luck with it hope you do really well, n anyone who wants to clean cheshire,wirral or merseyside ya gota cum thru me first ;D ;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

dmlservices

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 05:44:02 pm »
this is a wind up lads, no way would they pay to have them cleaned every 2 mths, and have you any idea how many signs are in a 40 mile radius of where he lives?

nice try ;D ;D ;D

daz

dmlservices

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 05:51:31 pm »
how do you plan to clean the signs purely with your waterfed pole system or are you considering using a pressure washer and detergent???
Wfp with brush. On most of them we intend to just drive alongside and clean them through van window. I've got a very short pole for doing this.

did you by any chance do the spec savers advert on tv , where a pole was used to paint over a sign on a bus, from a moving vehicle ;D

daz

richywilts

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 07:55:41 pm »
I've just won a contract with the Highways agency to clean all the road signs in my area excluding motorways and dual carriage ways of course. It works out to about £5 per sign every two months.
Does anyone else do this kind of work?

when u say £5 per sign is that over the course of the contract say 12 months as it seems a lot of money for each clean and as people think its a wind up i think this could be what u meant so say for example 400 road signs cleaned 6 times a year at £5 brings in £2000 extra per annum
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 08:24:20 pm »
Wouldnt be to bad to do, but wouldnt it best to do during the night when less traffic around??

prestige cleaners

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 09:56:49 pm »
ive been meaning to ask about that for years, might get off my backside now! cheers dude

paul rulton

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:28 pm »
Wouldnt be to bad to do, but wouldnt it best to do during the night when less traffic around??
that works 4me like workin nites  ;)

noizeo

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 10:56:53 pm »
hi mate can i have a copy please mate of letter?

clear2view@hotmail.com

many thanks

Klean07

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 10:36:33 am »
Great idea, Could you send me a copy of your letter pretty please? I wont copy it but just want to see how you worded it because it obviously worked. I live in Witney Oxfordshire so way out of your area. my email is info@ro-sheen.co.uk

Cheers mate and well done!
Can't send you a copy it was done on my other pc which had a virus on so I lost some stuff including that letter. My other stuff was backed up on a copy cd.
Basicly all I did was login to their website. Look for contact us page and then wrote a letter saying who I was and what my business was all about. My public liability, risk assesment, and health and saftey certificate. Then just asked if anyone ever cleaned them. Within 1 week I had a phone call from their human resouces dept then a month later called me into their offices in Birmingham. I'm starting the work tomorrow.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 10:39:38 am »
this is a wind up lads, no way would they pay to have them cleaned every 2 mths, and have you any idea how many signs are in a 40 mile radius of where he lives?

nice try ;D ;D ;D

daz
Believe what you like mate. I thrive on proving people like you wrong. So when I get time I'll ask my worker to take some pictures of me in action cleaning signs. Jealousy get you knowhere mate. ::)

trevor perry

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 10:51:13 am »
how are they going to monitor which signs you have cleaned, surely you will be given specific roads to do on certain days and then they will have to do spot checks to see the work is carried out, also with the amount of signs there will be this would be very costly and i am sure it would have to go out to tender before the work was awarded to any company, but if you have got the work well done
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Klean07

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 10:57:12 am »
Its called trust mate. The HA is part of the Govenment so money isn't an issue. As most of their income will come from road tax and fines etc.

james44

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 11:05:20 am »
i am sure it would have to go out to tender before the work was awarded to any company,

Yep that`s what i had to do!

surely you will be given specific roads to do on certain days and then they will have to do spot checks to see the work is carried out,

Yep and as i have said there are times when you can and can`t do them!

paul rulton

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 11:13:16 am »
Klean07, good luck 4 2moro m8  ;)  im lookin in 2my area 2moro if i get time  ;)

Klean07

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 06:46:13 pm »
Thanks for all the positive replies its appreciated. As for the doubters that have had their say. Your quite entitled to voice your opinion that's what the forums here for. I've been wc for 23 years so I have no reason to lie. Fact is I'm always looking at other ideas that I could put into practice using wfp because sometimes just cleaning windows gets a little boring. So isn't it a good thing to do other things from time to time?
Rant over!!

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 07:12:52 pm »
Hi Klean07,

Please may you send me a copy of the letter as I am a bit tom and Mick .
My email -  smudgeoff@gmail.com

Thank-you very much

Darren
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2010, 07:21:39 pm »
Ahh just looked at the rest of the threads and my luck is out.

What is the web address mate...
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"